HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

any truth to the rumours that pronger will be let go????

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Kugel

vCash: 500
any truth to the rumours that pronger will be let go????

as a leafs fan i would so hope so.......i dont think anyone would take demitra or keith unless st.louis ate some salary.....overpaid

Old
05-06-2004, 05:02 PM
trickguy96

i doubt it. seriously doubt it. if they do any type of rebuilding, its gonna be around the defensive core and pronger's being nominated for the norris this year despite having a really bad plus/minus proves that he's still tops among the d-men in the league. you don't get rid of a best-at-his-position type player unless the team is in financial crisis, and with lowry's pocket book, we aren't.

Old
05-06-2004, 06:25 PM
degroat*

:: Bangs head against brick wall ::

These so called rumors dont even exist outside of Toronto. Somehow the media in Toronto has decided to conveniently ignore all of the reports out of St. Louis, which is where Pronger plays BTW, that the Blues are going to qualify him and that they plan on building their franchise around him.

Old
05-06-2004, 07:03 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugel
as a leafs fan i would so hope so.......i dont think anyone would take demitra or keith unless st.louis ate some salary.....overpaid

NO. Larry Pleau, the Gm of the Blues(and JFJ's former teacher) has said that the Blues will qualify Pronger even if a long term deal can't be reached(and supposedly Pleau and Pronger are already attempting to get a long term deal in place to avoid that). PRONGER HIMSELF has said that he wants to stay in St. Louis. Pronger's FAMILY is from St. Louis(his wife and kids, not his parents) and doesn't want to leave. NOBODY with any credibility should even THINK that Pronger would become available. He is the cornerstone of the Blues. PERIOD. NOTHING is going to change that and there is no way Pleau will trade the cornerstone of the team.

Now will you Leaf fans quit making up these rumors. IT got old a LONG time ago.

Old
05-07-2004, 08:16 AM
markus1

Send a message via AIM to markus1
To all Leafs fans:

Yes, this rumor is true.

And I, as a person who has absoltely no ties to the St. Louis Blues organization nor sources nor any possible way of proving what I have to say, can guarntee it to be true.

Happy now?

Closed Thread