HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT 3/31 Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers 7PM VS.

Old
03-31-2008, 10:51 PM
Cherepanov 71

vCash: 500
Pretty good hockey game but I would rather not be eeking wins out, whens the offense going to get going?

Cherepanov 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 10:52 PM
TylerDurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by peantbuttapruchatime View Post
Mets W + Rangers W= good day
Santana dominates, Drury is clutch, what more can you ask for?!!!

TylerDurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 11:23 PM
Larry Melnyk

Good team effort for two periods, especially when they were playing all four lines...Especially the defensive effort by both the forwards and D...However, the Penns took over in the 3rd period when they physically manhandled our top 3 lines and the D..Face it, we are just a bit too small and our main players lack the needed physical aggressiveness.....Now and in the POs, we have to make up for that in smarts and tenacity which unfortunately isnt always there like in the third.. (see Dubi and Avery for the lack of smarts and too many for the lack of tenacity)...BUT, they held on gor the one point and then took the important second point with a few tremendous plays..And Hank was great....

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 11:25 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I was at the game tonight...man was that tense. Henrik really bailed us out late in regulation..the Pens just kept going towards the net..I really thought they'd score before it could even get to OT.

Chris Drury..what else can you say? The guy is just clutch. No matter what we paid, he's worth every penny because of moments like tonight. I really am looking forward to watching him in the postseason on our side this time

I'd still like to see a little more from the offense..Fleury was very good tonight although he was bailed out by the post/crossbar a couple of times. We dominated the first but couldn't establish much offensive pressure after that. Still, we got goals when we needed them and that's all I care about tonight.

Also, props to the Penguins fans coming over here tonight. You can really tell who are the true fans of the team between who visited here tonight and who visited on sunday (except for a few classy ones).

Great atmosphere at MSG tonight and a much-needed win. For a while I thought it would be the Flyers game all over again. Now I know that we're in good shape as long as we have Drury and Lundqvist on our side.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:35 AM
Forever Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers View Post
Pretty good hockey game but I would rather not be eeking wins out, whens the offense going to get going?
You expect them to blow out the top team in the Eastern Conference twice in the same month? They played a good game tonight.

Forever Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 01:39 AM
eco's bones

Big win. Officially in 5th place now. Too bad Pittsburgh got a point but we needed the 2. The Pens seem to have a lot of problems creating offense against us--it seems to me though they are the best in the East that they are beatable.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:50 AM
Pizza

I agree. We can beat Pitt.

We just have to convert a little better 5 on 5. How many posts did we hit again tonight, 2 or 3?

If we could do even a little better on the PP we would be so much harder to beat.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 06:46 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I agree. We can beat Pitt.

We just have to convert a little better 5 on 5. How many posts did we hit again tonight, 2 or 3?

If we could do even a little better on the PP we would be so much harder to beat.
Honestly, the Rangers have done quite well against the Eastern conference in general, so almost any matchup is OK. Not that any matchup is easy, but in years past you could always point to a team or two that were clearly head and shoulders above the rest of the conference and say "there's no way the Rangers/whoever will beat them". Not so much this year...as long as they're in the playoffs, the Rangers have a pretty good chance of getting to the Finals, I think.

Not guaranteeing anything here, I'm just saying the Rangers have played well against all these playoff bound teams. Really the teams that worry me are Ottawa (because there might be some psychological aspect that keeps the Rangers from playing well against them...they have good scoring, but shakey, shakey goaltending), and the Capitals if they make it in. Rangers can't win in DC to save anything, and the Caps always play them tough.

Meh, overall, I'd be ok with a matchup against the Devils. It'd be a tough series, but any series is going to be a tough one.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 06:58 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Nice to see the real Pens fans come to our board and show some respect.

Fans of good teams such as the Penguins don't need to talk smack. And its nice to see for the most part that they know that they don't have to.

Too bad we don't see more of this going both ways.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 07:23 AM
pld459666

A few thoughts...

Pittsburgh played 2 solid defensive games in their own right. The Rangers I think controlled most of the 5 on 5 play at the Igloo and defensively the Pens did not crack. They got the calls and made us pay, we were not able to reciprocate in kind.

Last night the Rangers again controlled the flow of the game and again the Pens did not crack defensively.

I have to say that I am impressed with the last two games from the Pens perspective defensively.

One gripe, I think Talbot was off-sides and the play should have been blown dead there.

Great view of the Jagr Goal, in HD it was so clear that Gomer didn't touch the puck once you saw the overhead shot.

On Drury's goal, he almost killed Gomez. Gomez ducked on the shot and it almost hit him in the head. Fleury makes that save and it's PURE LUCK, he had 2-3 players in front of him and didn't even see the shot being taken.

A HUGE WIN, now to fry some fish and we clinch.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 07:55 AM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 07:58 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
The Pens have scored how many goals in the season series with the Rangers?
A whopping 16 goals in 8 games!

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 08:36 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
What a great win last night. Hopefully they can take this momenetum into playing the islanders, cause we all know that beating the rangers is the only thing that the isles play for...

04-01-2008, 08:44 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers View Post
I would be more worried if we weren't generating chances, but we had a lot of chances, we just didn't bury them. Dawes on the breakaway. Callahan hitting the crossbar and then Dawes hitting the post with the rebound.

I think it was Dawes best game of the year. He was flying. And the Jagr, Dubi, Straka line looked good. I even thought Prucha looked pretty good last night, though I think he needs to learn to take a wrist shot once in a while. And someone needs to teach Avery how offsides works.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 08:49 AM
In The Flesh

need to take a serious run at Malone, man would he beef us up. I know theres no reason for him to leave Pitts, but you gotta at least throw him an offer.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Celestial Black

I think the off season will be interesting for us. At least I am hoping to sign a top pair defense men.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:29 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Can't wait to see him cry more on his way out of the playoffs

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:00 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by arzz324 View Post
Santana dominates, Drury is clutch, what more can you ask for?!!!
two more championships this year...

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 06:48 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Jagr is only 7 goals off the pace (30).

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote