HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4-3-08: Blues @ Preds: The Fairway Edition Part V

Old
04-03-2008, 09:11 PM
trotzian brow

vCash: 500
DeVries showed some patience on his goal. Who knew?

trotzian brow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

The trio didn't score, but the rush put together by Arnott, Radulov, and Erat was exactly the type of rush we need more of. Arnott with the breakout pass, Erat on the sideboards, slings it out to a streaking Radulov who makes a great shot (with an equally great save by Toivenen.)

04-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Wow.....McDonald and Stempniak, just tried two of the more stupid and cowardly moves you will ever see in hockey.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 09:30 PM
trotzian brow

Goon it up, JP!

Old
04-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Paincakes

What a game. Great atmosphere.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 09:35 PM
trotzian brow

What's with the on-ice festivities?

The crowd, game and the players were great tonight.

Go Preds!

Go Oilers!

Old
04-03-2008, 09:35 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Enoch: For those of us that couldn't see the game what happened?

Woot, Preds with another comeback win, yeah baby!

Let's go Oilers!!!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Enoch: For those of us that couldn't see the game what happened?

Woot, Preds with another comeback win, yeah baby!

Let's go Oilers!!!
Essentially, with the puck in the Predators zone, on the Predators powerplay, and the puck a good 15-20 feet away in a different Predators possession.......McDonald skates over and practically dives into Dumont. Then McDonald gets up and starts chirping at Dumont.....almost like he was saying "Yeah, there is more where that came from....", which is absurd considering how ridiculously silly the move was. Then, Stempniak quickly skates over 'to defend' McDonald, and Dumont turns around and dumps him. It was odd because Dumont just stood there, he wasn't skating, and he had literally just turned around. Stempniak has all the momentum, and he was the one that got buried. Anyways, Stemp's cheap move came as they were skating away, he turns around and cross-checks Dumont in the chest......

The whole thing was just.....comical. An analogy that came to mind: Big brother laying down the law, despite his little brothers disobeying.....or something of that nature.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Jarnberg

It wasn't pretty, but it was effective. Great tenacity to come back and win the game.

And how about the atmosphere tonight. The standing ovation through the TV time out in the third was awesome and ranks up there with some of the best moments in our history. You could just see that it gave the team some jump to finish off the game.

Anyway, lets finish the season with a win tomorrow night and not have to worry about other teams helping us out.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Jarnberg

Also, did we catch a break on the Smithson goal? I couldn't tell on the replay in the arena, but it looked like a no goal when I saw it live.

Old
04-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
It wasn't pretty, but it was effective. Great tenacity to come back and win the game.

And how about the atmosphere tonight. The standing ovation through the TV time out in the third was awesome and ranks up there with some of the best moments in our history. You could just see that it gave the team some jump to finish off the game.

Anyway, lets finish the season with a win tomorrow night and not have to worry about other teams helping us out.
**** that ... I *want* Detroit

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
**** that ... I *want* Detroit
While I'd prefer to meet the Wings (heh), right now I don't want to be picky. I just want the team to make the playoffs.

Old
04-03-2008, 10:46 PM
irisheyes555

all i can say is 6-0 this season in games i have attended(sorry i'm poor). anyone want to buy me a PO ticket?

another good grind it out win. it ain't easy, it ain't pretty, but it is 2 pts and that is all that counts.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Just Puckin Around

Yeeehhhaaaa!!!
So let me get this straight....If the Nucks lose to the Oilers tonight, then the Preds are in the playoffs? That's the way it seems but I haven't seen it verified anywhere.

Just Puckin Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Puckin Around View Post
Yeeehhhaaaa!!!
So let me get this straight....If the Nucks lose to the Oilers tonight, then the Preds are in the playoffs? That's the way it seems but I haven't seen it verified anywhere.
oh it is verified ... Preds don't have to win tomorrow IF the Oilers take care of business tonight ... **** the Sharks ... I *want* Detroit!

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Pred303

well.. that was special..

i've owned a ticket for every pred game ever, and been to every pred game but 4 or 5 i think, and the spontaneous ovation that happened with 4:30 to go in the game, during the entire 5 plus minutes of the tv timeout was unprecedented.. and flat out amazing..

it just.. well happened.. and the crowd just stood and roared as one and wouldn't stop.. never waivered for one second for over 5 minutes... with nothing happening on ice.. one of the beatingest things i've ever seen at a sporting event, and i've been to thousands of frigging games, thousands...

the blues were stunned, absolutely stunned looking around the building.. the pred players were stunned.. heck, even an old cynic like me was stunned.. from that point on, the crowd simply willed the team to victory.. there was simply no way the crowd was going to let the team lose that game, and the players knew it as well... both teams.. the crowd simply willed the team into skating harder, they willed the team into forechecking harder, they willed the team into forcing a penalty to be drawn, they willed weber into crushing mcdonald, they did everything but willed goal 4.. and i was doing my part to will that as well, but no one was paying attention.

a truly memorial game. perfectly typical of this entire season and team. an ugly, gritty, never give up, stink in the second period, dominate the third, come from behind game.. a game where a bunch of no name grinders and cast-offs (smithson, hlavec, devries) play the key roles. a perfect microcasm of this team.

man, do i feel lucky to have been there.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:32 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post

i've owned a ticket for every pred game ever, and been to every pred game but 4 or 5 i think, and the spontaneous ovation that happened with 4:30 to go in the game, during the entire 5 plus minutes of the tv timeout was unprecedented.. and flat out amazing..

it just.. well happened.. and the crowd just stood and roared as one and wouldn't stop.. never waivered for one second for over 5 minutes... with nothing happening on ice.. one of the beatingest things i've ever seen at a sporting event, and i've been to thousands of frigging games, thousands...

the blues were stunned, absolutely stunned looking around the building.. the pred players were stunned.. heck, even an old cynic like me was stunned.. from that point on, the crowd simply willed the team to victory.. there was simply no way the crowd was going to let the team lose that game, and the players knew it as well... both teams.. the crowd simply willed the team into skating harder, they willed the team into forechecking harder, they willed the team into forcing a penalty to be drawn, they willed weber into crushing mcdonald, they did everything but willed goal 4.. and i was doing my part to will that as well, but no one was paying attention.

a truly memorial game. perfectly typical of this entire season and team. an ugly, gritty, never give up, stink in the second period, dominate the third, come from behind game.. a game where a bunch of no name grinders and cast-offs (smithson, hlavec, devries) play the key roles. a perfect microcasm of this team.

Awesome... thanks for the information for those of us that couldn't be there.

Really proud of this team and the fans, for all the crap that happened this season the fans help will the team to a win and hopefully the playoffs.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Just Puckin Around

Would've loved to be there....what a huge win.

We Want Detroit!! We Want Detroit!! We Want Detroit!!

Just Puckin Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post

You described it much better then I did; spot on.

The best part about it other then the fact that it pumped up our team so much was that the ovation just happened. No cues at all. Everyone just started cheering and would not stop. And it slowly got louder and louder. It would have went on forever had the game not restarted.

Old
04-03-2008, 11:51 PM
JussiM

Yeah baby!

JussiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll