HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dennis Smirnov [156th overall]

Old
06-30-2017, 03:25 PM
Bubba Thudd
Spinach Balls!

vCash: 6200
He's 4' 20.5"

Old
07-05-2017, 08:04 AM
GoNordiquesGo

vCash: 500
And he is the final piece of the ROR trade:
Zadorov
Grigorenko
Compher
Greer
Morrison
Smirnov

GoNordiquesGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2017, 11:41 AM
RoyIsALegend
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNordiquesGo View Post
Zadorov
Grigorenko
Compher
Greer
Morrison
Smirnov
Not a bad haul. I'd still take O'Reilly, but we won't get into that.

Sabres traded McGinn to Anaheim for a conditional 3rd, then moved that 3rd for the rights to Vesey, who didn't sign with them. So they really only have ROR to show for it. Grigs is a goner who we got nothing for, so we can remove him as well.

O'Reilly for Zadorov/Compher/Greer/Morrison/Smirnov right now. Hopefully one of Morrison or Smirnov pan out, would make the trade look pretty good. The ceilings of the first three pieces will be what makes this trade; does Zads become a reliable top 4, does Compher hold down a 3C spot, does Greer become a menacing 3rd line winger... some questions to be answered.

Overall, it was definitely a solid asset management trade and helped restock the prospect pool.

Would folks rather have Jeremy Roy or Greer/Morrison/Smirnov? That will be an interesting one to look back on.

RoyIsALegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2017, 02:26 PM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

vCash: 50
Given how injury riddled Roy has been, the answer is clearly our package for now.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 09:10 AM
monsieurthibz

I kinda get the fact that he's sort of a gamble, being that small and being drafted on his second year of eligibility, but do you guys see a possible future for Smirnov or is he a true boom or bust prospect at the next level? I read here and there that he's hardworking and passionate like no other about the game, which are two qualities a prospect this small has to have in order to get to the show. What's your call?

monsieurthibz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 11:46 AM
DarioinDenver

I'd like to see more game film on him. At development camp the best asset he has is that he's a heads up shooter that puts the puck precisely where he wants to. A lot of kids shoot in an area they want and shoot it has hard as they can. His shot is really good. Think Hejduk/Vrbata, not a hard shot but an accurate one.

I have concerns about his point total drop off when his team faced better competition, his inflated numbers as an older draft eligible player, his skating and perhaps the most underrated thing in the modern game, his hockey courage.

In 3v3, I didn't see him winning a lot of races to pucks. I didn't think it was as much a speed issue as it was a willingness to dictate the play and be first on the puck. If he doesn't want to own the puck and dictate the play then he's going to rely on other players to feed him. That's what Grigerenko did. It doesn't matter how talented you are in the NHL if you're not going to go win a puck battle or wait for the game to come to you ALL the time.

So, for his draft position he's a good risk/project. He's got a lot to prove and a lot to improve.

DarioinDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 01:04 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
I think he will be a good AHL scorer like in the mold of Grimaldi, Agozzino.

tigervixxxen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 07:25 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNordiquesGo View Post
Zadorov
Grigorenko
Compher
Greer
Morrison
Smirnov
If Zad continues to improves, Compher becomes what we hope and Greer does as well, you easily take the package.

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 02:38 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
If Zad continues to improves, Compher becomes what we hope and Greer does as well, you easily take the package.
I wouldn't discount Morrison either, he seems like a legit prospect.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 02:40 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver View Post
I'd like to see more game film on him. At development camp the best asset he has is that he's a heads up shooter that puts the puck precisely where he wants to. A lot of kids shoot in an area they want and shoot it has hard as they can. His shot is really good. Think Hejduk/Vrbata, not a hard shot but an accurate one.

I have concerns about his point total drop off when his team faced better competition, his inflated numbers as an older draft eligible player, his skating and perhaps the most underrated thing in the modern game, his hockey courage.

In 3v3, I didn't see him winning a lot of races to pucks. I didn't think it was as much a speed issue as it was a willingness to dictate the play and be first on the puck. If he doesn't want to own the puck and dictate the play then he's going to rely on other players to feed him. That's what Grigerenko did. It doesn't matter how talented you are in the NHL if you're not going to go win a puck battle or wait for the game to come to you ALL the time.

So, for his draft position he's a good risk/project. He's got a lot to prove and a lot to improve.
Haven't see you over here too much Dario. Welcome, and thanks for the info.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 06:10 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I wouldn't discount Morrison either, he seems like a legit prospect.
Agreed, though I was only referencing the guys who have already made their pro debuts and are close to making the Avs permanently.

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 06:43 PM
cgf
FireBednarsSuccessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
I think he will be a good AHL scorer like in the mold of Grimaldi, Agozzino.
That's what I'm hoping for. Could be really cool for the Eagles to get welcomed to the AHL with Makar & Timmins joining the D; while a Smirnov - Beaudin - Morrison scoring line shows great chemistry.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote