HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why do some of you want to water down the Garden?

Old
03-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Celestial Black

vCash: 500
The "You Can't Beat Us" chant needs to be saved for our last game with them.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
To those who grew up at the Garden for most games and not in front of a TV, you will see that chanting Potvin Sucks is the same as chanting "lets go Rangers" in that building.
That's just insane. The point of chanting "Let's Go Rangers" is to encourage your team. How, exactly, do you think "Potvin Sucks" encourages the Rangers? Chants are not about the fans, they are about the team (or the individual player, depending on the situation). The two chants aren't even close to the same.

That being said, my problem with the Potvin Sucks chant isn't that it's negative. It's that it's stupid because it has absolutely no bearing on what everyone is at the Garden to see (you know, the Rangers' game). Tradition is great, I'm all for it. I don't consider that chant part of Rangers' tradition at all. The game is about the players, not the fans.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:17 PM
nyrmetros

The Fans are part of the game. Otherwise we'd all watch the games on tv while the game was played in an empty arena.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:24 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I think tomorrow we need some Cry Baby Crosby chants

Something to that effect .

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 10:39 PM
nyrmetros

Maybe the problem is that Rangers supporters don't drink enough before the game? Drinking during the game is a waste of time. It's all gota be done before opening face off.

Old
04-03-2008, 10:44 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

This is true, lol.

I think that the main problem is that people are too uptight. I know a lot of real Rangers fans who go to the games and rarely ever chant. IDK if they feel embarrassed or what, but there's something. Of course alcohol could solve this problem.

People say it's because there are a lot of suits or some garbage. This couldn't be further from the truth. Just listen to the Garden during a playoff game. Listen to the Garden when there's an exciting 3rd period. Place gets loud. People just for some reason don't want to cheer and I really don't get it. I truly think every person should be required except under certain circumstances to drink at least 3 beers before they enter the garden. That'll get the crowd buzzing.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 10:48 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
This is true, lol.

I think that the main problem is that people are too uptight. I know a lot of real Rangers fans who go to the games and rarely ever chant. IDK if they feel embarrassed or what, but there's something. Of course alcohol could solve this problem.

People say it's because there are a lot of suits or some garbage. This couldn't be further from the truth. Just listen to the Garden during a playoff game. Listen to the Garden when there's an exciting 3rd period. Place gets loud. People just for some reason don't want to cheer and I really don't get it. I truly think every person should be required except under certain circumstances to drink at least 3 beers before they enter the garden. That'll get the crowd buzzing.
I'm glad there's at least 1 other Rangers supporter out there who thinks like me!

Old
04-04-2008, 12:39 AM
otterulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyMulder View Post
I would hope that when a family of 4 come to a hockey game, the parents are smart enough to tell their kids that the fans tend to get a little bit rowdy at times and on occasion a curse word will be thrown out. If parents simply did that before taking their kids to games, there would be NO issue. BUT NO we are ALL supposed to be de facto parents to everyone elses kids. And then people wonder WHY the PC police has run amok.
There would be no issue? How about acting like adults instead of children? I know it's fun to taunt the other team, opposing players, and say certain things. But if there are children around you, I think people should be responsible enough to watch what they say. I mean, is it really necessary to curse to have a good time?

otterulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 12:46 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterulz View Post
There would be no issue? How about acting like adults instead of children? I know it's fun to taunt the other team, opposing players, and say certain things. But if there are children around you, I think people should be responsible enough to watch what they say. I mean, is it really necessary to curse to have a good time?
umm.... No... but it makes it more funner.
How u doin btw? Haven't heard from ya in a while.