HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Brand New Salary Cap Fantrax 20 Team League

Old
06-01-2017, 03:06 AM
centipede2233

vCash: 500
Brand New Salary Cap Fantrax 20 Team League

After being in multiple dynasty leagues I have decided to start my own.

This will be a dynasty league on fantrax with deep rosters, a 25 man main roster and up to 20 minor prospects.

Here's the details:

-20 team league where top 12 teams make playoffs. Top 2 in each conference (4 teams) will receive a first round bye.

- it will be H2H weekly matchups where you accumulate wins by the amount of categories you win on a weekly basis.

Scoring categories are Goals and assists each worth 2 category pts each, shots/hits/blocks/special team pts and faceoff wins are weighted 1 category pt each. I weighted goals and assists 2 pts each because goals and assists should be valued more then the other peripherial cats.

Goalie cats are Wins worth 2 category pts, GAA and Save % each worth 1 category pt . Minimum 2 gp for goalies required per weekly matchup to qualify for goalie categories.

- Weekly matchups will run Monday-Sunday. You can make daily roster changes up to 1 minute before that players NHL game is to start.

- the outline of your roster will be as follows: 3 centre slots/3 RW/3 LW/ 3 Forward/6 Defence/2 goalie. You can have up to 5 reserve players/goalies making it a 25 man roster. Your minors can hold up to 20 players/goalie minors eligibility. Goalies with 42 gp or less can be stored in your minors and for skaters it will be 81 gp or less. If you have a minors eligible player/goalie go past the gp threshold, they may remain in your minors until the following season or if you call them up. Once past the threshold and called up they are no longer eligible to be put in the minors.

- there will be 5 IR slots available for injured players. Day to day Injured players will not be eligible for IR for the regular season, only IR players can be put on IR. however during the playoffs, I will allow day to day injured players go to your IR slots. IR eligible players will not count against your cap.

- the annual entry draft starting next year (2018 entry draft) will be 4 rounds and you can trade your entry picks for one year in advance.

The Salary Cap will be the real NHL cap plus 4 million. So the NHL cap is projected to be 76 million, then our cap will be at 80 million. You will find that this will be a challenge to stay under the cap, but this is designed to create a realistic cap threshold where you will have to make hard decision like trading a high cap star to shed cap or dropping players to get under the cap. We will be using real life caphits. If you want a reliable site to view current NHL caphits, Nhlnumbers.com is a site I use.

During the season we will have a waiver priority system to claim free agents. This will be executed Monday 12 am and Friday at 12 am (essentially Sunday and Thursday at midnight respectively. For those not familiar with the waiver priority system it basically allows you to make claims on any players from the free agent pool and rank your selections on who you want. When it is time for the claims of every team to be processed, fantrax will prioritize the selections and disperse the players from FA pool to the teams who have made claims. The priority order will be the same order as the reverse order of the main draft to start. Subsequent seasons the priority order will be from worse team to best.

The inaugural draft will consist of 2 separate drafts done on fantrax. The first draft will be the main draft where you can draft any player on a NHL team with atleast 82 gp for skaters and 43 for goalies. The main draft will consist of 25 rounds. The second draft will be the prospects draft where any player that is property of an NHL team, less than 82 gp and 43 gp for goalies will be drafted, including players from this years entry draft class. The prospect draft will be 20 rds. Time limit will be 2 hours per pick for the main and prospect drafts.

As for your team name you can use whatever name you want fictitious or a real hockey team from any league in the world.

I will have a few people designated as admins to help facilitate the draft and running of the league.

I am looking for people who will be active, considerate, and wanting to be part of a fun fantasy hockey experience. I have extensive fantasy hockey knowledge on various scoring systems and league set ups and the above league rules/scoring set up is what I deem will give the best fantasy experience. After year 1 I'm open to anyone wanting to give input on how to make the league better but for now the above rules will not be changing. If you like what you see, email me at viper8808@mail.com and give me a short paragraph about yourself (name, age, location, fantasy experience). I figure if you take the time to introduce yourself, then it shows a willingness to be active. Also include your email in your response so I can send league invite.

At present time, I don't feel the need to have a proboards. However, I would like everyone to get kik. It's a messaging app like text and it is much easier to communicate this way.

Lastly, since this will be a premium league where an annual fee of $79.95 US will be paid. Everyone's share is $4 based on our 20 team set up. However if you can't pay the $4 I will cover the cost.

As of now 4 teams including myself are spoken for, 16 more spots up for grabs! Email me, do not message me through hfboards as I never check my inbox on here.

Cheers

Last edited by centipede2233: 06-01-2017 at 12:42 PM.
centipede2233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2017, 04:27 PM
TheCerebral1
Zero F***s Given

Sent an email.

TheCerebral1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2017, 08:30 PM
Daximus
Aces Charles

vCash: 50
Sent an email.

Daximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2017, 07:58 AM
centipede2233

12 spots filled, 8 left!

Old
06-04-2017, 09:10 PM
Garbage Goal

If you guys decide to make it a money league, let me know. Sounds like a great league, just only do money leagues nowadays.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2017, 12:12 AM
centipede2233

One spot left, draft to start this Saturday! Looking forward to your interest, cheers

Old
06-06-2017, 12:33 AM
centipede2233

Ok we are full, I will let you know if a spot opens up.

Old
06-12-2017, 09:14 PM
centipede2233

A spot has opened up, please contact if interested in joining this league. Thanks

Old
07-04-2017, 08:38 AM
Timber

I'm in the same league, and enjoying it very much.

Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2017, 08:52 AM
Edmoiler13

This is a new and fun league. There were no random rule changes that I saw

Edmoiler13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2017, 05:15 AM
Edmoiler13

Almost done drafting, one team in need of a replacement owner.

Old
07-07-2017, 02:20 AM
centipede2233

Edmoiler is in charge of league and should be pm'd on here for enrollment. He is an excellent commissioner and knows the ins and outs of fantrax at an exceptional level.

I am not to be contacted as more important life circumstances have become priority so I will defer to edmoiler

Old
07-07-2017, 07:39 AM
Edmoiler13

Respond to me on here as the email address is for the person who left

Old
07-07-2017, 06:14 PM
Edmoiler13

league filled