HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Colin Wilson traded for 4th rounder to Avs.

Old
07-02-2017, 09:47 AM
hockey diva

vCash: 500
Best of luck to him!

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2017, 05:23 PM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

vCash: 50
See ya later Ole Baga Pucks!

bdub24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2017, 08:51 PM
Roger Explosion

I'm kind of sad that Wilson has been traded.

I was excited when we drafted him and expected a consistent 50 points or so a year but he never reached that mark even once.

Best of luck to him.

Roger Explosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2017, 09:01 PM
JamestheSame

Felt Wildon played above his head during his contract year. Then, not surprisingly, his numbers slacked off again.

Regardless, he was great along the boards and has been a part of this team for a long time. Good luck.

JamestheSame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2017, 12:44 PM
TitansVolsPreds615

Going to miss him. Very nice guy the couple times I talked to him. He even bought me pizza once.

TitansVolsPreds615 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2017, 12:27 PM
klt2001

We basically traded Wilson for Bonino even though when you compare their career goals and assists they are basically almost the same and I would actually give Wilson the slight edge (Wilson actually had slightly more goals and assists but not by much). So I would have preferred to just have kept Wilson unless we would have gotten an upgrade to replace him which I don't believe is the case not unless there are just some intangibles to Bonino's game that doesn't show up on the score sheet but will improve this team none the less. The good thing though is Bonino is pretty much even to Wilson in goals and assists so at least we pretty much got the same and not weaker player.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Mortiest Morty

They did get an upgrade on Wilson, Scott Hartnell. And Bonino is miles better defensively than Wilson and of course plays a more important position. He puts his body on the line like a 4th line grinder, he lead the league in blocked shots by a forward this year. So yes, he brings way more to the table than Wilson, but Hartnell is the Wilson upgrade. RW is the area of concern with no Neal. Center too if Fisher retires.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2017, 12:42 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
They did get an upgrade on Wilson, Scott Hartnell. And Bonino is miles better defensively than Wilson and of course plays a more important position. He puts his body on the line like a 4th line grinder, he lead the league in blocked shots by a forward this year. So yes, he brings way more to the table than Wilson, but Hartnell is the Wilson upgrade. RW is the area of concern with no Neal. Center too if Fisher retires.
Scott Hartnell imo is Neal's replacement as he is similar to Neal in goals and assists especially in the regular season but Neal was better than Hartnell in the post season stats. So imo I see Bonino as Wilson's replacement and Hartnell as Neal's replacement as their stats in goals and assists are pretty much the same when you compared Bonino's goals and assists w/ Wilson's and Scott Hartnell's w/ Neal's. But thanks for the input about Bonino's defensive play though. Glad to know he is better defensively and in blocked shots at least.

Last edited by klt2001: 07-08-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Old
07-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Mortiest Morty

Hartnell/Wilson, Neal and Bonino all play different positions, so I don't look at them as a replacement for one another. From a sheer production standpoint, yeah, I expect Hartnell will replace Neal's numbers more or less. From a positional standpoint, he upgrades LW by replacing Wilson. Bonino replaces Fisher if he retires. If Fisher comes back, it's just a clear upgrade at center. RW is pretty ugly right now though. Have to count on sustained success from Arvidsson, a bounce-back year from Smith and a breakout year for Aberg. That looks like a whole bunch of hoping to me.

Old
07-08-2017, 12:56 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Hartnell/Wilson, Neal and Bonino all play different positions, so I don't look at them as a replacement for one another. From a sheer production standpoint, yeah, I expect Hartnell will replace Neal's numbers more or less. From a positional standpoint, he upgrades LW by replacing Wilson. Bonino replaces Fisher if he retires. If Fisher comes back, it's just a clear upgrade at center. RW is pretty ugly right now though. Have to count on sustained success from Arvidsson, a bounce-back year from Smith and a breakout year for Aberg. That looks like a whole bunch of hoping to me.
Yes they play different positions but I'm going along the lines of goal and assist production. We need someone to replace Wilson and Neal's goals and assists that they brought to this team and pretty much Hartnell and Bonino bring about the same amount of goals and assists. Hartnell's was similar to Neal's and Bonino's was similar to Wilson's but I understand that they will be coming from players playing different positions. But when you look at the goals and assists Neal and Wilson brought to the team, it was slightly better than Hartnell and Bonino's career goals and assists; not by much though but still was a little bit better. But it's good to know that there are tangibles to their game that might still help the team be better than this year's team like Bonino's defensive play and block shots. Guess we will see how these changes in roster will play out in the next season. I still feel we need one more reliable top scorer though to actually be able to win the cup even if Fisher comes back. We are close but not quite there.

Last edited by klt2001: 07-08-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Old
07-08-2017, 01:39 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Yep that is a tall order, especially the last two. I'm hoping we can get another top scorer added to the roster just to be safe and also help add to our forward depth that we will need to have to make a deep run into the playoffs but not at the expense of losing our current core unit that we have though especially on our back end. We may have to get a lesser scoring forward that will require lesser pieces to give up or just prospects or a good/decent top scorer who is a free agent and willing to sign w/ us but would still be an upgrade to our current forward lineup.

Last edited by klt2001: 07-08-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Old
07-08-2017, 04:35 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 242
Quote:
where does Fiala figure into this? He really didn't contribute much in the regular season, at least until late. Fiala putting in a full year as a 20+ scorer will help.

And just becoming mediocre in OT will add 5 points or more in the standings too

07-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
where does Fiala figure into this? He really didn't contribute much in the regular season, at least until late. Fiala putting in a full year as a 20+ scorer will help.

And just becoming mediocre in OT will add 5 points or more in the standings too
Fiala is a LW, or at least that's where he played all last season and postseason. I'm happy with the left side. Forsberg, Hartnell and Fiala, that works for me. RW is where I'm concerned, and center if Fisher rides off into the sunset.