HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who's your favourite habs player?

View Poll Results: Who's your favourite habs player?
Saku Koivu 75 55.56%
Jose Theodore 6 4.44%
Mike Ribeiro 4 2.96%
Andrei Markov 3 2.22%
Alexei Kovalev 10 7.41%
Richard Zednik 3 2.22%
Michael Ryder 14 10.37%
Patrice Brisebois (Vote here Brisebois) 3 2.22%
Sheldon Souray 2 1.48%
Jan Bulis 3 2.22%
Steve Begin 6 4.44%
Darren Langdon 2 1.48%
Francis Bouillon 2 1.48%
Jason Ward 2 1.48%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Haddock

vCash: 500
Saku.
Do I need to explain why?
And I have a question: who's the wise guy who voted for Jason "I have a big heart but not freakin' talent" Ward? And why is he even on the poll?

Old
05-07-2004, 11:17 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Koivu and Markov but I have a ton of respect for Begin Komisarek and Ward so I'd put them right up there as well. Won't be long till Higgins is on that list too!

As for old Habs, Naslund will always be the MAN! I was a big fan of Carbo, Roy, Richer, Courtnall, and Stephan Lebeau

Last edited by montreal: 05-07-2004 at 11:20 AM.
Old
05-07-2004, 11:56 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordiquesFan
And I have a question: who's the wise guy who voted for Jason "I have a big heart but not freakin' talent" Ward? And why is he even on the poll?
People can love heart more than talent. That's why Begin's on the poll too. Nothing wrong with that.

Old
05-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
People can love heart more than talent. That's why Begin's on the poll too. Nothing wrong with that.
I second that!!!!

Old
05-07-2004, 01:04 PM
Haddock

That's fine when the said player actually helps the team.
Bégin is not as talented as others but what he lacks in talent he makes up for it in physical involvement.
Ward as a big heart but he can't hit, he can't pass, he can't score. All he does is trying to skate fast (wich he can't do) and always tries to be the first on the puck. I have nothing against this but he can't do ***** when he finally gets it. The guy can't do nothing good with the puck an yet some people would want to see him on the first or second line sometimes. He could be replaced by any player in the league.
I'm not saying he shouldn't be in the NHL (even if in a perfect world they're wouldn't be any player like him), but he certainly doesn't deserve to be playing on top lines and receiving praises for being a "guy with no talent who tries hard". Some player can't get this fraction of a second you need to be an effective player on a higher level, Ward is the perfect example of that.

Old
05-07-2004, 02:06 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Bégin is not as talented as others but what he lacks in talent he makes up for it in physical involvement.
Ward as a big heart but he can't hit, he can't pass, he can't score. All he does is trying to skate fast (wich he can't do) and always tries to be the first on the puck. I have nothing against this but he can't do ***** when he finally gets it. The guy can't do nothing good with the puck an yet some people would want to see him on the first or second line sometimes. He could be replaced by any player in the league.
I'm not saying he shouldn't be in the NHL (even if in a perfect world they're wouldn't be any player like him), but he certainly doesn't deserve to be playing on top lines and receiving praises for being a "guy with no talent who tries hard". Some player can't get this fraction of a second you need to be an effective player on a higher level, Ward is the perfect example of that.
Here we have a positive good-natured thread about who your favorite player is. Now you're upset that someone would pick as a favorite, a player you feel unworthy. You feel that they are wrong to find something admirable in Jason Ward and that their affection is mis-placed. You sound like a real fun guy. Children get rid of those mongrel puppies, the stores are full of purebreads.

Old
05-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Here we have a positive good-natured thread about who your favorite player is. Now you're upset that someone would pick as a favorite, a player you feel unworthy. You feel that they are wrong to find something admirable in Jason Ward and that their affection is mis-placed. You sound like a real fun guy. Children get rid of those mongrel puppies, the stores are full of purebreads.
I think Jason Ward must have run over Nordiquesfan's puppy.
Maybe we should suspend him for a year.

Old
05-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Theo is my favourite player.

Old
05-07-2004, 02:59 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud The Spud
Theo is my favourite player.
Really?? :lol

Old
05-07-2004, 03:00 PM
Haddock

Quote:
:lol
I'm the first one to ever go off-topic here, right.
We have like ten threads about the same subject everyday (and today is a perfect example of that) so I'm not going to start a new thread everytime I have an opinion to form (unlike most posters).

Old
05-07-2004, 03:04 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Well I don't agree, I think Ward is a great 4th liner. He's an energy guy, and he can bring speed, just has to get them legs going. If he doesn't have to make sharp turns, he can cover a lot of ground, plus he is always working hard. He can fill in on the 3rd line and is a good PKer. I am concerned about his offensive game, but I am a lot more concerned about his health. He seems to have a lot of problems with injuries, but hopefully that's something he can try and work on. Injuries will always happen, and when they do, it's easier for them to come back, but I've heard they are doing something in baseball for the players to lift a lot less and strech a lot more to try and lower the hamstring injuries.

But a healthy Ward is a useful player for the team and I look forward to what he can do next year and the future.

Yea for Wardo!!

Old
05-07-2004, 03:07 PM
mcphee

Quote:
:lol
I'm the first one to ever go off-topic here, right.
We have like ten threads about the same subject everyday (and today is a perfect example of that) so I'm not going to start a new thread everytime I have an opinion to form (unlike most posters).
I'm not saying you should have to like Ward as a player, but getting annoyed because someone else likes him, is a sign of oncoming 'grumpy old man' syndrome. Crabby,Crabby,nyaah,nyahh,na,na,na.

Old
05-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Haddock

Quote:
I'm not saying you should have to like Ward as a player, but getting annoyed because someone else likes him, is a sign of oncoming 'grumpy old man' syndrome. Crabby,Crabby,nyaah,nyahh,na,na,na.
I'm not annoyed by the fact that some people like him. I just posted my opinion on the subject, wich received replies, wich I answered. There's nothing wrong with that. Maybe I should use more smilies so that people won't take my posts so damn seriously.

@Montreal:
Agreed on most points.
A decent fourth-liner (sp?) without any real offensive abilities.
He can play on the third line if there's noboby better available. The same can be said about PK. I don't care if the guy playing this role is called Ward, Sundstrom or Gratton. What I don't understand is why some fans want him on scoring lines.
But I better stop now.

Old
05-07-2004, 03:20 PM
mcphee

Quote:
I'm not annoyed by the fact that some people like him. I just posted my opinion on the subject, wich received replies, wich I answered. There's nothing wrong with that. Maybe I should use more smilies so that people won't take my posts so damn seriously.

@Montreal:
Agreed on most points.
A decent fourth-liner (sp?) without any real offensive abilities.
He can play on the third line if there's noboby better available. The same can be said about PK. I don't care if the guy playing this role is called Ward, Sundstrom or Gratton. What I don't understand is why some fans want him on scoring lines.
But I better stop now.
OK I promise not to call you crabby for 48 hours.

Old
05-07-2004, 03:31 PM
tinyzombies

For me, it's Begin. Love that guy!

Old
05-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Not The One

Three way tie: Koivu, Theodore, Ribeiro

Old
05-07-2004, 04:10 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
- Koivu
-
- Garon
- Kovalev
-
-
- Ward
- Zednik
-
-
-
- Rivet
- Markov

Old
05-07-2004, 07:45 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

1. Michael Ryder
T2. Saku Koivu
T2. Alexei Kovalev
4. Steve Bégin
5. Jose Theodore/Richard Zednik/Jim Dowd/Andrei Markov/Sheldon Souray/Mike Ribeiro/Jan Bulis/Jason Ward/Darren Langdon

That's about it!

Old
05-07-2004, 08:42 PM
Raider917

1.Koivu (he shouldnt have to be on the list)
2. Ryder
3. Souray
4. Theodore
5. Begin

Old
05-07-2004, 09:38 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
I pick Ryder just because I like the guy and you have to like his dedication. Ward was close, but what the heck.
Evolution of mcphee favorites Geoffrion,Beliveau,Ferguson,Pete Mahovlich,Mario Tremblay,Mike Mcphee, Leclair, Koivu, and Ryder.
Mike McPhee??? Bleagh....that guy lost every fight....

I don't have as glorious a past as this! I only start at Lafleur, eh?

Here's my list:

Lafleur, Roy, Chelios, Carbonneau, Koivu, Theodore, and now... Begin! (Komisarek is gonna be next I think...)

Old
05-07-2004, 11:09 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Mike McPhee??? Bleagh....that guy lost every fight....
Not *every* fight! I seem to recall I had a glorious one on my 198something "fight tape" (whups, yes, I used to make those , but lest ye be disappointed in (or impressed by) my barbarism, I will leap to my own defense and say that it was actually more along the lines of "highlights" tapes... fights, hits, goals, saves, anything that made me happy)... anyway... he just jumped a guy off the faceoff, it might have been Wendel Clark or somebody, I forget and they just hammered on eachother for about half an hour. It was awesome!

Mike McPhee!!!!

Old
05-08-2004, 01:42 AM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Koivu for sure! Easy question

Old
05-08-2004, 03:16 AM
Rumpy

I'm drunk and trolling so I'll take credit for one of the Brisbois votes hahaha.....Rumpy

Old
05-08-2004, 03:57 AM
tinyzombies

Wow, Theodore only received 5 VOTES????

Old
05-08-2004, 10:48 AM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
1.Saku God Koivu
2.Alex Kovalev
3.Richard Zednik
4.Andrei Markov
5.Steve Begin
basically mine except replace Markov with Souray(before injury) and you're good.

Closed Thread