HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2017 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and champion Colorado Eagles (ECHL) offseason

Old
07-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 500
I'm not a huge fan of developing Ville Husso because I think he'll end up being a thorn in the side of the Avs in a few seasons. However I'm less worried about the goaltending situation the more time I have to think about. Husso won't be sent here unless there is some sort of agreement in place in terms of max/min starts for him. The Blues know the priority will be to develop Martin so even if Husso is outplaying Martin, Martin will still be getting shots to take the starting position.

For me I'm just going to sit back and see how the situation unfolds in terms of goaltending. Who knows what injuries or anything else really happens that changes things up.

Gigantor The Goalie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 01:21 PM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
I think it's important to remember that Colorado has an affiliation agreement with San Antonio and St Louis doesn't. I have a hard time thinking that St Louis could come in and dictate anything.

I think it's more likely that they round out some of the open spots with players that need an AHL place to play. I highly doubt any Avs prospects get pushed to the ECHL that don't deserve to be in the ECHL.

Probably just means less AHL contracts, which is probably more than OK with the Avs (and Blues for that matter)

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 01:29 PM
Cousin Eddie
IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!

vCash: 177
If Klim Kostin comes in and plays on the wing with Jost and Greer I'm completely okay with that.

Old
07-07-2017, 01:41 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
I think it's important to remember that Colorado has an affiliation agreement with San Antonio and St Louis doesn't. I have a hard time thinking that St Louis could come in and dictate anything.

I think it's more likely that they round out some of the open spots with players that need an AHL place to play. I highly doubt any Avs prospects get pushed to the ECHL that don't deserve to be in the ECHL.

Probably just means less AHL contracts, which is probably more than OK with the Avs (and Blues for that matter)
Agreed. At least it's still our coaching staff but if the players they send to SA are better than their own players then it's going to be tough not to play them.

If anything I think it means fewer NHL contracts on our end since it's looking pretty thin and I suspect there's several AHL contracts already floating around.

tigervixxxen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 02:51 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
Agreed. At least it's still our coaching staff but if the players they send to SA are better than their own players then it's going to be tough not to play them.

If anything I think it means fewer NHL contracts on our end since it's looking pretty thin and I suspect there's several AHL contracts already floating around.
If there is an agreement to place more than one or two Blues prospects here, I wouldn't be surprised if the Avs were done with NHL contracts. Like TV said, maybe a couple AHL contracts for the ECHL and depth.

If that's the case, though, I hope they have a very specific agreement in place regarding playing time, depth charts, etc. With the inactivity of the Avs, if something goes sour and the Blues pull their prospects to go somewhere else (which has happened in this team's history), this team is completely dead in the water due to zero depth.

Old
07-07-2017, 02:58 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Hopefully they don't take an eternity announcing what's up too, it will be easier for everyone involved if they understand what the transition is. If they try to go through the whole year just based on rumors it won't help anyone.

The Avs should worry about lack of NHL contracts for their own callups but since they rarely do anyway I guess it's not a factor.

Old
07-07-2017, 05:53 PM
cgf
FireBednarsSuccessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
If Klim Kostin comes in and plays on the wing with Jost and Greer I'm completely okay with that.
I won't complain if Kostin plays with Beaudin instead

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 05:59 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

There's instead of too

Old
07-12-2017, 04:38 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Avsrule2002, just curious of its a bit unusual no Eagles player signings yet? Or have I missed any? Or just off the mark that it's unusual?

Old
07-12-2017, 05:58 PM
Avsrule2002
"No more rats"

Quote:
Avsrule2002, just curious of its a bit unusual no Eagles player signings yet? Or have I missed any? Or just off the mark that it's unusual?
No, not unusual. Last years first announcement was last week of July. 3 vets and then the 4th vet the next week. They probably have quite a few already signed, they just spread out the announcements. Dives fans nuts every year. I''l post signings as soon as I see them.

Avsrule2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2017, 06:45 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsrule2002 View Post
No, not unusual. Last years first announcement was last week of July. 3 vets and then the 4th vet the next week. They probably have quite a few already signed, they just spread out the announcements. Dives fans nuts every year. I''l post signings as soon as I see them.
Thanks. Right after I post that then the Eagles say they have one for tomorrow, so perfect timing lol

Old
07-12-2017, 07:10 PM
Avsrule2002
"No more rats"

Quote:
Thanks. Right after I post that then the Eagles say they have one for tomorrow, so perfect timing lol
Haha I was wondering if that would happen!

Old
07-13-2017, 06:20 AM
RampageNate

RWtH Live: Mid-Summer Update

Old
07-13-2017, 12:32 PM
Avsrule2002
"No more rats"

Defenseman Jake Marto re-signs with Eagles:

http://coloradoeagles.com/echl-news/...n-with-eagles/

Old
07-17-2017, 06:48 PM
Avsrule2002
"No more rats"

Someone on another thread posted a link referring to trademarks of team names, so I looked up Colorado Eagles. The ECHL owns all of their teams trademarks as a condition of acceptance into the league. Thus the trademark owner is ECHL. But down on the bottom of the page they have a list of "Trademark Events". I have no real knowledge of what most of this means, but the ECHL renewed the trademark in 2014 for 10 years. But the last 2 events on this list are dated 6/1/2017. Two events, that look suspiciously like some kind of who-knows-what in the works. Am I reading too much into this? Maybe someone on here could clarify:

https://trademarks.justia.com/764/91...-76491990.html

Old
07-17-2017, 06:58 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

I'm far from a legal expert, but those signal to me there has been a change with who represents the org with regards to the trademark. Could mean something, could mean nothing of substance.

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 07:16 PM
Avsrule2002
"No more rats"

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I'm far from a legal expert, but those signal to me there has been a change with who represents the org with regards to the trademark. Could mean something, could mean nothing of substance.
Thanks. Nothing of substance, but interesting I guess. I'll keep an eye on it to see if anything changes.

Old
07-18-2017, 02:02 PM
Avsrule2002
"No more rats"

Matt Garbowski re-signs with Eagles:

http://coloradoeagles.com/echl-news/...att-garbowsky/

Old
07-18-2017, 02:31 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Thanks. Nothing of substance, but interesting I guess. I'll keep an eye on it to see if anything changes.
No need to keep an eye on it. The ECHL simply switched the attorney of record for the trademark to their own from the original firm based out of Windsor who filed the trademark application.

Here's the official filing with the USPTO.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 03:39 PM
Avsrule2002
"No more rats"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
No need to keep an eye on it. The ECHL simply switched the attorney of record for the trademark to their own from the original firm based out of Windsor who filed the trademark application.

Here's the official filing with the USPTO.
Thank you! Looks like I got carried away there lol. It is a pretty interesting website, probably better for finding out names of franchises before they are announced more than anything.

Old
07-18-2017, 04:12 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Thank you! Looks like I got carried away there lol. It is a pretty interesting website, probably better for finding out names of franchises before they are announced more than anything.
Sometimes. It really depends on the company strategy. Some companies will file ahead of a product launch as an "intent-to-use" application, to test the waters and see if the USPTO will even accept their application. The WWE is notorious for doing this. On the other hand, some companies hold their cards close to their vests and do the diligence in-house and make the filing at the time of launch. Sports franchises are pretty old-school and seek to be risk averse, so they seem more likely to take the former tact. We saw that with the Golden Knights.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote