HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 2

Old
06-23-2017, 01:12 PM
werkitout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanatic89 View Post
I need clarification on this: Is your friend still on the list and they offer wait list members a chance to get tickets? Or did 1700 people give up their tickets and he is a brand new STH?
Relocation ended last week for current STHs. This week, remaining Season seats were made available to people on the registry (waiting list) in priority order. Originally he was sent an email that said they would probably sell out before it got to him, but a couple days ago he received an email saying his window was this morning because they still had tickets available.

There wasn't much available when relocation closed last week, but there were still some tickets (I relocated last week and saw what was remaining right before they shut it down).

Many people on the registry continually pass on tickets year after year. Some people with lower numbers (below 1,000) have been on the registry for years and just continue to stay on it. Everyone has different reasons for doing so.

As far as I know, my friend passed on what was available to him and obviously many before him passed as well so they will continue to move down the list until they sell out.... which they will lol.

I am a current STH, but I was also 3000 on the registry and doubt I'll get any access this season and likely wouldn't buy anyway knowing what is left right now.

Hope that helps.

werkitout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 03:15 PM
hockeyfanatic89

Quote:
Originally Posted by werkitout View Post
Relocation ended last week for current STHs. This week, remaining Season seats were made available to people on the registry (waiting list) in priority order. Originally he was sent an email that said they would probably sell out before it got to him, but a couple days ago he received an email saying his window was this morning because they still had tickets available.

There wasn't much available when relocation closed last week, but there were still some tickets (I relocated last week and saw what was remaining right before they shut it down).

Many people on the registry continually pass on tickets year after year. Some people with lower numbers (below 1,000) have been on the registry for years and just continue to stay on it. Everyone has different reasons for doing so.

As far as I know, my friend passed on what was available to him and obviously many before him passed as well so they will continue to move down the list until they sell out.... which they will lol.

I am a current STH, but I was also 3000 on the registry and doubt I'll get any access this season and likely wouldn't buy anyway knowing what is left right now.

Hope that helps.

Makes sense. Will be a tough ticket going forward.

hockeyfanatic89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2017, 01:49 PM
sudz49

I get access to potentially buy season seats here at 3 today. Anyone that has access already possibly could let me know what may be available still?

sudz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2017, 02:08 PM
samiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudz49 View Post
I get access to potentially buy season seats here at 3 today. Anyone that has access already possibly could let me know what may be available still?
As of 1:05 pm today, the entire upper level is sold-out.
There are single seats only in the lower bowl. (15 single seats total in the entire lower bowl).
There are still a few options for seats beside each other in the sportsnet level, if you've got an extra kidney to spare.
Hope this helps. Good luck

samiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2017, 02:10 PM
sudz49

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam View Post
As of 1:05 pm today, the entire upper level is sold-out.
There are single seats only in the lower bowl. (15 single seats total in the entire lower bowl).
There are still a few options for seats beside each other in the sportsnet level, if you've got an extra kidney to spare.
Hope this helps. Good luck
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Any chance the singles are piggyback?

Old
06-28-2017, 02:45 PM
werkitout

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Any chance the singles are piggyback?
Just curious... what number you are on the registry?

Old
06-28-2017, 03:28 PM
sudz49

Quote:
just curious... What number you are on the registry?

Old
06-28-2017, 04:11 PM
werkitout

Quote:
Any luck?

Old
06-28-2017, 05:07 PM
BCNeil

If any of you have a chance to grab singles, might as well grab the cheapest ones.
Swap them at next year relocation. I had an upperbowl single and set of 3 last year.
Now have 4 together in the upperbowl. The single was certainly not the end of the world and sold on ticketexchange very easy. Remember there are hundreds of people on the waitlist ahead of you all waiting for good seats. Bite the bullet and take singles, or stay on the list for awhile.

BCNeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2017, 05:16 PM
werkitout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCNeil View Post
If any of you have a chance to grab singles, might as well grab the cheapest ones.
Swap them at next year relocation. I had an upperbowl single and set of 3 last year.
Now have 4 together in the upperbowl. The single was certainly not the end of the world and sold on ticketexchange very easy. Remember there are hundreds of people on the waitlist ahead of you all waiting for good seats. Bite the bullet and take singles, or stay on the list for awhile.
I really wanted to do just that.

I just got access at 4pm.

There was one single ticket left in the 104 (club) and it got snatched really quickly.

Here is what is left:

SKY-A -

Pair mid 2nd row
4 together in front row

SKY-D - 3 together in front row

SN-D

Single in back row
Three together on Drink rail directly behind the single

SN-E Single on the drink rail

If I had the funds to risk... I'd grad 2 or 4 from the listed tickets above anywhere and relocate next year, but I can't afford to do that at that price point with singles etc. And I think Sky Lounge is too risky. From my experience, the Sky lounge tickets are tough to sell.

Dang... oh well.

Old
06-28-2017, 10:21 PM
davidsitar

vCash: 50
Thanks for posting your experiences everyone. I am wondering if the upper drink rail tickets went up this year? How much do they go for now? Those are the ones I eventually want to get.

davidsitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2017, 09:04 AM
sudz49

Quote:
Any luck?
Nope. I was hoping for singles anywhere in building minus the club seating and sportsnet. All gone by time I got in.

Old
06-29-2017, 09:07 AM
sudz49

Quote:
Yup for sure. I already have three seats but joined the list again a couple years ago with ultimate goal to get six seats together. I'll be grabbing whatever singles I can get as your described strategy is the only way to get in. Not many people can jump into the building with pairs together in their first year holding seats.

Old
06-29-2017, 09:08 AM
werkitout

Quote:
I really wanted to do just that.

I just got access at 4pm.

There was one single ticket left in the 104 (club) and it got snatched really quickly.

Here is what is left:

SKY-A -

Pair mid 2nd row
4 together in front row

SKY-D - 3 together in front row

SN-D

Single in back row
Three together on Drink rail directly behind the single

SN-E Single on the drink rail

If I had the funds to risk... I'd grad 2 or 4 from the listed tickets above anywhere and relocate next year, but I can't afford to do that at that price point with singles etc. And I think Sky Lounge is too risky. From my experience, the Sky lounge tickets are tough to sell.

Dang... oh well.
I was looking at the availability again shortly after 5pm and the club single (Drink rail) was still there. There were also more tickets in the Sky Lounge than what I listed... probably about 30-35 in total and as many as 6 together so that section is proving to be a tough sell for the Oilers.

The website went down for maintenance very shortly after that.

Old
07-01-2017, 01:40 PM
oreos2334

Quote:
Hey BCNeil, were you able to sell most of your single seat on the ticketexchange last season for about what you paid? I've been sharing season seats with a holder for 6 seasons now and usually sell 8 games that I cant make but just used ticketexchange for the 1st time last year. I only sold one game even though the seats are on the aisle, in the end the Oil attack twice and priced below face value, close to season seat holder prices even after Ticketmaster does their markup in most cases... Frankly selling thru kijiji or other sites is getting to be a pain, for every good person to deal with there seems to be 5 who just want to waste your time. If the ticketexchange really works that well perhaps I'll need to give it another try. Anyone else out there with good, bad or indifferent experiences with the ticketexchange?? Thanks!!

oreos2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2017, 02:12 PM
BCNeil

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreos2334 View Post
Hey BCNeil, were you able to sell most of your single seat on the ticketexchange last season for about what you paid? I've been sharing season seats with a holder for 6 seasons now and usually sell 8 games that I cant make but just used ticketexchange for the 1st time last year. I only sold one game even though the seats are on the aisle, in the end the Oil attack twice and priced below face value, close to season seat holder prices even after Ticketmaster does their markup in most cases... Frankly selling thru kijiji or other sites is getting to be a pain, for every good person to deal with there seems to be 5 who just want to waste your time. If the ticketexchange really works that well perhaps I'll need to give it another try. Anyone else out there with good, bad or indifferent experiences with the ticketexchange?? Thanks!!
My single was in the cheap section in 213. So things would be different for more expensive sections. I sold this seat for almost all games. As I just got it for the reason of making 4 together in the future. I even told my rep I was going to sell it most of the time. The only games where I got less than what I paid.

Preseason Jet game ($25 less)....the other 3 sold at profit.
The December BJ game ($12 less) The December Wild and Jan Panther games ($3 less)

I didn't want to deal with craigslist or kijiji. It's mostly lowball time wasters.

Last edited by BCNeil: 07-01-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old
07-01-2017, 05:24 PM
oreos2334

Quote:
My single was in the cheap section in 213. So things would be different for more expensive sections. I sold this seat for almost all games. As I just got it for the reason of making 4 together in the future. I even told my rep I was going to sell it most of the time. The only games where I got less than what I paid.

Preseason Jet game ($25 less)....the other 3 sold at profit.
The December BJ game ($12 less) The December Wild and Jan Panther games ($3 less)

I didn't want to deal with craigslist or kijiji. It's mostly lowball time wasters.
Agreed about the lowball time wasters, I would 100% prefer to only have to use the ticketexchange... My pair is in 105 extra wide aisle seats so definitely a bit more pricey... Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

oreos2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 10:25 AM
morningla

anyone here also have season tickets in Calgary? I might be moving

morningla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 06:29 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Same old ticket buying nonsense for the mini paks. The Oilers wont sell you 2 tickets...none available.
They try to force you to purchase 3 tickets....unbelievable.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 07:50 PM
samiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Same old ticket buying nonsense for the mini paks. The Oilers wont sell you 2 tickets...none available.
I'm pretty sure that's because they don't want to be stuck with a single seat.
It's pretty unfortunate

samiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 08:33 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam View Post
I'm pretty sure that's because they don't want to be stuck with a single seat.
It's pretty unfortunate
For many fans the Mini paks are an opportunity for an affordable way to attend a few games and possibly a playoff game. That goes out the window when you HAVE to buy a ticket you dont even want.
They could easily do what EIG did...offer up the single tickets as game day half price singles. Oh noooo...cant do that.

Its not like they arent already making an obscene amount of profit Is it really necessary to try and extract every penny (and then some) from the Oiler fans that cant afford season tickets? If that wasnt bad enough on its own they also try to stick you with a meaningless preseason game.

I am not against making a profit...not at all. But it is possible to make a large profit without trying to squeeze every penny out of a loyal fan base by offering poor options and then forcing you to buy more than you want. When the team cries poor the fans are expected to step up and be loyal...its a one way street.
When the team has more money than it knows what to do with its **** the average fan. We will do what we want. It would be somewhat acceptable (and more understandable) if Katz paid for everything himself but he didnt.
There is plenty of tax payer money in this development. They already ****ed the taxpayer once...I guess that wasnt enough.
Unfortunate indeed.

Last edited by guymez: 07-18-2017 at 08:39 PM.
Old
07-18-2017, 10:20 PM
Captain Hindsight

Quote:
Thats a load of BS! I am moving back to Edmonton and was pretty stoked on getting a power pack.. My window is at 11AM tomorrow. I guess I wont get my hopes up.

Captain Hindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 10:47 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hindsight View Post
Thats a load of BS! I am moving back to Edmonton and was pretty stoked on getting a power pack.. My window is at 11AM tomorrow. I guess I wont get my hopes up.
Hopefully you have a better experience.

Old
Yesterday, 12:26 AM
The Messiah

vCash: 717
Quote:
For many fans the Mini paks are an opportunity for an affordable way to attend a few games and possibly a playoff game. That goes out the window when you HAVE to buy a ticket you dont even want.
They could easily do what EIG did...offer up the single tickets as game day half price singles. Oh noooo...cant do that.

Its not like they arent already making an obscene amount of profit Is it really necessary to try and extract every penny (and then some) from the Oiler fans that cant afford season tickets? If that wasnt bad enough on its own they also try to stick you with a meaningless preseason game.

I am not against making a profit...not at all. But it is possible to make a large profit without trying to squeeze every penny out of a loyal fan base by offering poor options and then forcing you to buy more than you want. When the team cries poor the fans are expected to step up and be loyal...its a one way street.
When the team has more money than it knows what to do with its **** the average fan. We will do what we want. It would be somewhat acceptable (and more understandable) if Katz paid for everything himself but he didnt.
There is plenty of tax payer money in this development. They already ****ed the taxpayer once...I guess that wasnt enough.
Unfortunate indeed.
You don't HAVE to do anything. As long as people just throw their cash at Katz and the Oiler$, then they will continue to do whatever they want. When tickets become less in demand, the Oiler$ will be forced to change their strategy.

The Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 12:52 AM
BCNeil

Quote:
And if they did allow people to leave a single. This set of 3 you were interested in would have been gone way before your time.