HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jussi Jokinen Confirmed - 1 year deal @ 1.1M

Old
07-13-2017, 12:57 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 50
Good read...breaks down the likelihood of where Jokinen may fit in the lineup....

https://oilersnation.com/2017/07/13/...oung-forwards/

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 04:53 AM
Risingwind

vCash: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Good read...breaks down the likelihood of where Jokinen may fit in the lineup....

https://oilersnation.com/2017/07/13/...oung-forwards/
It's easy to agree with just about everything on that article, the only thing I disagree on was his idea of RNH as 2C. Juice can be used in more specialized combos as well, like at the end of a game as a backup draw etc. so locking him down in a certain role is not imperative. He's slowly getting up there in age, so in that regard playing on a 3rd line role for most of the season seems like a reasonable call to me. It's a luxury if the youngins play so good that he can be rotated in and out with them, at least in the first half of the season. If his stamina can be managed so that he's still going strong towards the spring and summer... that would be perfect in my opinion.

In a case like that, the Oilers will likely be competing for 1st in division anyway.

Risingwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 10:49 AM
CornKicker
Tied with Lander G's

i think the other reason Jussi is here is to help Pujlu adjust to the NHL game

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 12:28 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingwind View Post
It's easy to agree with just about everything on that article, the only thing I disagree on was his idea of RNH as 2C. Juice can be used in more specialized combos as well, like at the end of a game as a backup draw etc. so locking him down in a certain role is not imperative. He's slowly getting up there in age, so in that regard playing on a 3rd line role for most of the season seems like a reasonable call to me. It's a luxury if the youngins play so good that he can be rotated in and out with them, at least in the first half of the season. If his stamina can be managed so that he's still going strong towards the spring and summer... that would be perfect in my opinion.

In a case like that, the Oilers will likely be competing for 1st in division anyway.
I agree.
I think a large part of Jussi's value is that he has so much utility.
I would also like to see how RNH does as a winger especially with McDavid. Its also time for Leon to drive his own line.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 01:12 AM
The Hound
KLEFBOB-OMBS!!

vCash: 500
I've always liked Jussi, never thought he'd be an oiler, pretty cool! Is it confirmed what number he'll wear? I'm guessing 63?

The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote