Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

EBEL General Discussion

Old
06-19-2017, 01:56 PM
maxim84

vCash: 500
Also Robert Kristan back to Olimpija. This will be weird, seeing a Medvescak fans favorite goaltender on the opposite side. I know it already happened with Brust, but Lix and Barry left under different circumstances

maxim84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 04:22 PM
pukovnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxim84 View Post
Also Robert Kristan back to Olimpija. This will be weird, seeing a Medvescak fans favorite goaltender on the opposite side. I know it already happened with Brust, but Lix and Barry left under different circumstances
It won't be weird because Olimpija is not in the EBEL anymore.

pukovnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2017, 03:06 AM
maxim84

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukovnik View Post
It won't be weird because Olimpija is not in the EBEL anymore.
You are right... I googled olimpija ebel schedule and it showed 2016 fixtures....forgot this was year 2017...lol and I wasn't even drunk at the time 😁😁

Old
06-20-2017, 03:30 AM
HungryFrank

Koskiranta really stands out, maybe he thought he was going to KHL... See kids, this is what happens when you don't do your homework.

HungryFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2017, 10:30 AM
Arnusson

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryFrank View Post
Koskiranta really stands out, maybe he thought he was going to KHL... See kids, this is what happens when you don't do your homework.
Haha good point

Arnusson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2017, 08:08 PM
SemireliableSource
Liter-a-cola

Or they sold him on the "be THE guy but not THE guy on a last placed team like SaiPa" angle.

SemireliableSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2017, 03:58 AM
maxim84

another player for Medveöčak, Tomas Netik

http://www.medvescak.com/en/ebel/mas...dvescak-no2773

Old
06-23-2017, 05:31 AM
pukovnik

Quote:
another player for Medveščak, Tomas Netik

http://www.medvescak.com/en/ebel/mas...dvescak-no2773
Looks like very good signing, but I am going to be cautious, Medveščak has bad experience with big name players in it's EBEL history.

Old
06-27-2017, 01:12 PM
pukovnik

MedveŇ°ńćak re-signed domestic players Jankovic, Smolec and ZanoŇ°ki (till 19/20). Plus, they signed ex-NCAA star from University of Vermont, Mario Puskarich who is of cro heritage.

Last edited by pukovnik: 06-27-2017 at 01:21 PM.
Old
07-07-2017, 01:45 PM
cave troll

So far so good.

Netik, Kudelka, Koskiranta, Deutsch, Aviani, Puskarich

cave troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2017, 02:40 PM
pukovnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave troll View Post
So far so good.

Netik, Kudelka, Koskiranta, Deutsch, Aviani, Puskarich
Maybe too good, which leads us to natural question....how much will last till players starts to ask for their money via twitter

Old
07-12-2017, 11:18 AM
pukovnik

Michael Boivin in defence and young Norwegian forward Sondre Olden in offence are new Medvescak's signings.

Old
07-15-2017, 05:39 PM
vroutek

we are ready

vroutek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2017, 05:56 AM
Arnusson

Slovenian trio of Saso Rajser, Nik Simcćicć and Mark Cepon signed with Medvescćak. I hope we could get some crowd from Slovenia.

Old
07-21-2017, 06:07 AM
pukovnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnusson View Post
Slovenian trio of Saso Rajser, Nik Simc¬ćic¬ć and Mark Cepon signed with Medvesc¬ćak. I hope we could get some crowd from Slovenia.
Yeah that's the most important thing, not the one that domestic players will again be sidelined and probably quit. It seems Medvescak didn't learn a thing in last eight years.

Old
07-21-2017, 06:36 AM
Arnusson

Quote:
Yeah that's the most important thing, not the one that domestic players will again be sidelined and probably quit. It seems Medvescak didn't learn a thing in last eight years.
Smolec, Kegalj, Jankoviń‡, Jarcov, Zanoski, Ficur and Rosandic is not enough for you?

If the domestic players gonna be sidelined and quit thats gonna happen because they wont be good enough to play in EBEL. If you wanna watch only domestic players than watch croatian legue.

And yes that is very important thing because those things keep the club alive.

Old
07-21-2017, 06:47 AM
pukovnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnusson View Post
Smolec, Kegalj, Jankovi√„‚€°, Jarcov, Zanoski, Ficur and Rosandic is not enough for you?

If the domestic players gonna be sidelined and quit thats gonna happen because they wont be good enough to play in EBEL. If you wanna watch only domestic players than watch croatian legue.

And yes that is very important thing because those things keep the club alive.
It is not about how many of them are on the roster it is about are they going to get some minutes or not.

About your last paragraph.... I am not sure if you are serious or not. Rajsar, Simsic and Cepon are nobodies in slovenian hockey and apart from their family and maybe some die hard hockey friends I don't know who would be crazy enough to go to Zagreb to watch players who can't crack Slovenian NT.

Old
07-21-2017, 07:05 AM
Arnusson

Quote:
It is not about how many of them are on the roster it is about are they going to get some minutes or not.

About your last paragraph.... I am not sure if you are serious or not. Rajsar, Simsic and Cepon are nobodies in slovenian hockey and apart from their family and maybe some die hard hockey friends I don't know who would be crazy enough to go to Zagreb to watch players who can't crack Slovenian NT.
They are gonna get the minutes they deserve. I know it would be great to have a young core of domestic players playing big minutes but the team needs to compete too.

And I know these Slovenes are nobodies but I used them as an example of trying to get bigger market and fanbase for the club, maybe they are the wrong choice, maybe not, time will tell.

The Medvescak hype is gone and I m concern about attendance numbers. Any help
from outside is more than welcome to fill the Dom Sportova.

Old
07-21-2017, 07:18 AM
maxim84

Let's be honest, if there will be some fans from Austria they won't be attracted by hockey or players but cheap beer... I remember last season in ebel when there were games in Arena Zagreb and the biggest company that provides alcohol for bars and caffes needed to work overtime as they did not have enough trucks to send booze

Old
07-21-2017, 07:36 AM
Arnusson

Quote:
Let's be honest, if there will be some fans from Austria they won't be attracted by hockey or players but cheap beer... I remember last season in ebel when there were games in Arena Zagreb and the biggest company that provides alcohol for bars and caffes needed to work overtime as they did not have enough trucks to send booze
well thats nothing to be ashamed of

Old
07-21-2017, 09:03 AM
SoundAndFury

Well Simsic and Cepon aren't nobodies, former being 2nd best Slovenian prospect at the moment so it is additional incentive for die hard Slovenian hockey fans to come to the game.

Having said that, nothing generates attendance and creates hype better than winning so that should be the priority. At this point it seems this team has some excellent players and absolutely 0 depth.

"Here's a statistic, the average person in the world has less than 2 legs. Which is absolutely correct but somewhat misleading."
SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2017, 10:04 AM
Arnusson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Well Simsic and Cepon aren't nobodies, former being 2nd best Slovenian prospect at the moment so it is additional incentive for die hard Slovenian hockey fans to come to the game.

Having said that, nothing generates attendance and creates hype better than winning so that should be the priority. At this point it seems this team has some excellent players and absolutely 0 depth.
Well that is good news. It may be fun to watch this guys develop. Team is surprisingly young. I thought that they would just sign a bunch of vets.

Old
07-21-2017, 10:53 AM
HungryFrank

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post

Simšič is a way better player than Čepon. I'm sure they will get a great chance to show their talent and I'm glad because of that.

Edit: On the other hand, Croatian players are now left to play a beer league called IHL (without the beer due to the lack of funds ) so I completely understand why fans don't like this arrivals. You have to build a sport from within... building an identity is even more important than the result

Last edited by HungryFrank: 07-21-2017 at 11:09 AM.
HungryFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 05:16 AM
pukovnik

Quote:
Fans from Austria will be attracted by their own teams when they will play in Zagreb.

Quote:
Well that is good news. It may be fun to watch this guys develop.
Medvescak, as croatian club, should develop croatian players, not foregin ones. Foregin ones should be established players who can make immediate impact on the ice. But this is Medvescak we are talking about, so everything is possible.

Old
07-22-2017, 04:46 PM
Arnusson

Quote:
Medvescak, as croatian club, should develop croatian players, not foregin ones. Foregin ones should be established players who can make immediate impact on the ice. But this is Medvescak we are talking about, so everything is possible.
I m not sure if there is much croatians players at the moment who are capable to devolop in EBEL.