HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Slovan Bratislava 17/18

Old
07-10-2017, 09:46 AM
penepi

vCash: 500
The team is on a pre-season camp these days, but there are still only 14 players on the roster; most of them are average at best even in terms of Slovan standards. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Slovan does not start in the KHL next season, the situation appears to be really desperate.

penepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2017, 10:12 AM
penepi

https://www.championat.com/hockey/ne...lyj-sezon.html

Old
07-16-2017, 01:24 AM
Faterson

Brust reportedly leaving for Switzerland? Looks like Slovan is collapsing before our eyes and there might only be 26 teams in the KHL in the upcoming season after all. This could really also be about the new Slovan general manager, a former DJ – maybe he concluded it makes no sense for Slovan to continue in the KHL if they're unable to pay salaries to the players.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 05:37 AM
SoundAndFury

Or he simply realized an obvious fact that it`s unnecessary luxury for a budget team to have 2 starting goalies. The way Slovan were constructing their roster during Brust`s career there just realy made no sense.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 08:26 PM
SoundAndFury

Kaspar is great signing obviously, Stepanek is cheap enough to be a backup at this point I guess.

"Here's a statistic, the average person in the world has less than 2 legs. Which is absolutely correct but somewhat misleading."

Last edited by stv11: 07-19-2017 at 02:54 AM. Reason: reference to deleted post
SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 01:12 PM
HockeyBeherit
Rookie User

It would absolutely suck big hairy stinky balls if Slovan had to leave the KHL. Slovan is one of the teams I'd most like to see in their hometown. Is there any reliable source, whether they are folding it up, or they are just cheaping it up?

HockeyBeherit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Urbanskog
Platinum Member

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBeherit View Post
It would absolutely suck big hairy stinky balls if Slovan had to leave the KHL. Slovan is one of the teams I'd most like to see in their hometown. Is there any reliable source, whether they are folding it up, or they are just cheaping it up?
They are not going to fold.

Urbanskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 02:55 PM
geri

of course we as fans would appreciate to have the complete roster signed already in march and known they are getting paid the saison..
but in can understand the current situation. other as in previous saisons obvious the new general manager (started 1.july) looks more to the financial possibilities, which delays the signings..
i can imagine the negotiations are tough in terms to get "cheaper" contracts.....
and to be honest- i think there are still enough good players available without contracts, who then sooner or later accepting offers...
so it wont be too late-no fear-slovan will have at end enough players at a good level...
i onyl dont understand that slovan didnt keep more of the young players from last season-as tehy did a good job- at least to be available to add the roster...
today was signed michal replik-so we see a increase in quality palyers after kaspar´s signing...

geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 04:59 PM
penepi

The most popular player by far in previous two seasons, Barry Brust, leaving (his statement below). Michal Řepík coming in exchange from Fribourg.

"It is with a broken heart that I say goodbye to Bratislava. I cannot communicate to the fans enough what a pleasure it was to play and compete for you. You the fans made it the most amazing place to play. The love and support you showed me through good and bad is something I will forever cherish. You made Bratislava my home. You made hockey just that much more fun to play with your enthusiasm and support. Unfortunately certain people didn't want me back so it is time for me to move on. I wish the best of luck to my now former teammates, and the medical and equipment staff."

https://youtu.be/m5vl08km-EE?t=3m57s

Last edited by penepi: Yesterday at 05:41 PM.
Old
Today, 07:07 PM
geri

..and it looks that smolanek & taffe will sign soon too

geri is offline   Reply With Quote