HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tomas Plekanec - Plekasex Edition

Old
07-15-2017, 11:18 AM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebesthockey View Post
habs will NEVER EVER win anything with plecanecs the cancer in the room
look at who was the common denominator in numerous player issues over past years on the team and look who the " veteran" cancer was...
You are very much on to something here but singling out Plek leaves others absolved.
The truth was being speculated to as much as 3-4 years ago.
When the level of commitment is not evident in lettered individuals at crunch time you can't possibly have a worse situation from a team perspective.

We are still there.

Rapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 12:25 PM
Adam Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Plekanec making it to the NHL18 preview clip, but not at his best.

Or, maybe that is his best.
Wouldn't say it's his best. But I'd say it's not inaccurate. These games are getting more realistic as they go.

Adam Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 01:42 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
He had absolutely 0 chances, even if he was consistently getting his usual 55-60 points a year.
lol ! sarcasm ....

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 02:20 AM
the valiant effort
settle down, bud

I've been lucky enough to see 2 cups but this might be my favourite goal with my favourite assist:

the valiant effort is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 07:48 AM
1stLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the valiant effort View Post
I've been lucky enough to see 2 cups but this might be my favourite goal with my favourite assist:

This video made me sad.

1stLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 03:46 AM
Demon Wolf

It's gonna be a bounceback year for Plekanec, I can feel it

Demon Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 06:37 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLineCenter View Post
This video made me sad.
Why? Because he scored in a game they would ultimately lose? Then Boston goes on to win the Cup. Only reason that makes me sad.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 06:58 AM
Habaholicgolfer
Loyal Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf View Post
Contract year too. Hard to imagine Pleky starting this year the way he did last year.

Habaholicgolfer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 06:59 AM
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf View Post
He can't be any worse than he was. It was a seriously disappointing year for him last season.

07-18-2017, 09:01 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

The only theory that leaves semi optimistic about Plekanec bouncing back is the theory that he was simply tired of MT and wasn't giving it all this year. He did play a bit better once CJ took over, that being said, that theory loses its merits when you consider how many open nets he flubbed when he was playing with Radulov.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 09:05 AM
Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
The only theory that leaves semi optimistic about Plekanec bouncing back is the theory that he was simply tired of MT and wasn't giving it all this year. He did play a bit better once CJ took over, that being said, that theory loses its merits when you consider how many open nets he flubbed when he was playing with Radulov.
I blame his down year on a latent allergy to turtlenecks.

Scriptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 12:11 PM
Kid Dynomite

Plekanec is getting plenty of exposure from the Red Wings as the latter shows off its new scoreboard at Little Caesars Arena.

https://www.nhl.com/redwings/news/li...em/c-290395034

Kid Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 12:12 PM
7 day theory

Quote:
Either way... if this is true, it's not a good thing.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 12:16 PM
Tank Toad

Quote:
Agreed. I do not forsee a good year from pleks, guys as soft as 4 ply toilet paper. Charmin ultra lux

Tank Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 01:05 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I feel as though Plekanec has physically worn down over his tenure as a Canadien. He hardly ever misses games and is very durable. That being said, he has a "lot of hard miles" are McGuire would say. The concerning thing for me is not his mobility but his hands. It seems he can't execute the same way he used to. I dont know how someone can lose their hands unless they were injured there repeatedly. I think a summer of rest will do wonders for him, but I also feel as though he may have been slacking in the offseason training department. Perhaps the additions of Hemsky and Jerabek will light a fire in him to train hard and enjoy playing hockey again.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 01:08 PM
Doc McKenna

Scottie is done(because he is playing like gomez and is softer than the facial tissue of the same name.

Doc McKenna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 01:57 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
I feel as though Plekanec has physically worn down over his tenure as a Canadien. He hardly ever misses games and is very durable. That being said, he has a "lot of hard miles" are McGuire would say. The concerning thing for me is not his mobility but his hands. It seems he can't execute the same way he used to. I dont know how someone can lose their hands unless they were injured there repeatedly. I think a summer of rest will do wonders for him, but I also feel as though he may have been slacking in the offseason training department. Perhaps the additions of Hemsky and Jerabek will light a fire in him to train hard and enjoy playing hockey again.
It is a fair hypothesis. It's funny cuz 4-5 years ago we kept hearing how players like Plekanec always age well and they'll remain effective until their late 30s because he doesn't rely on skills but his IQ. Fast forward to now, he's 34 and he already looks washed up. It's funny because although Plekanec has never been a highly skilled player like the ones we've had the privilege of seeing in the bleu blanc rouge uniform (Kovalev, Koivu, Radulov, Cammalleri, Tanguay, Lang, etc) his vision has really regressed in the last year or so. It's unbelievable how much of a non factor he was for us last season. I was looking at old highlights of his and it's crazy that despite never been injured, his hands have taken a massive hit.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 02:01 PM
ColinO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Gretzky commented that an offensive player's hands are always the first to go.

ColinO is offline   Reply With Quote