HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

NEED HELP: Does somebody have 2001/02 or 2002/03 Avalanche Media Guide?

Old
07-16-2017, 08:07 AM
EurolancheDavid

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to EurolancheDavid Send a message via Skype™ to EurolancheDavid
NEED HELP: Does somebody have 2001/02 or 2002/03 Avalanche Media Guide?

Guys, I need someone to check something in the 2001/02 Avs media guide for my coming longstory about 2001 NHL Challenge in Europe. Does somebody have it? Please, let me know. Thanks.

Also 2002/03 media guide would be helpful:

Last edited by EurolancheDavid: 07-16-2017 at 08:32 AM.
EurolancheDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 02:31 PM
Breck Av

Quote:
Originally Posted by EurolancheDavid View Post
Guys, I need someone to check something in the 2001/02 Avs media guide for my coming longstory about 2001 NHL Challenge in Europe. Does somebody have it? Please, let me know. Thanks.

Also 2002/03 media guide would be helpful:

I believe I have both, but they're in a box in storage. What exactly are you looking for in them?

Breck Av is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 02:36 PM
Pokecheque
Formerly Av-merican

Oh God...not PURSUING HISTORY. I had that phrase erased from my mind.

Pokecheque is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 06:02 PM
ljb4

I have them both on my bookshelf, the price of being a pack rat. What do you need from them?

ljb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 08:11 AM
EurolancheDavid

Send a message via ICQ to EurolancheDavid Send a message via Skype™ to EurolancheDavid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb4 View Post
I have them both on my bookshelf, the price of being a pack rat. What do you need from them?
To check if there is any mention of the 2001 NHL Challenge - it was an event when the Avs traveled to Europe for a week-long training camp. It was announced in January 2001. They were supposed to play two games in Sweden and one in Finland. Due 9/11, they played only one game on September 16, 2001 against Brynas IF in Stockholm and then left back to the USA immediately after.

I am writing a longstory about this event and game and anything would be helpful.

Note: If there is anything in the Content page, it does not mean it is not there somewhere inside. One-page features aren't all listed in the Content.

Thank you!

Old
07-17-2017, 12:46 PM
ljb4

Quote:
To check if there is any mention of the 2001 NHL Challenge - it was an event when the Avs traveled to Europe for a week-long training camp. It was announced in January 2001. They were supposed to play two games in Sweden and one in Finland. Due 9/11, they played only one game on September 16, 2001 against Brynas IF in Stockholm and then left back to the USA immediately after.

I am writing a longstory about this event and game and anything would be helpful.

Note: If there is anything in the Content page, it does not mean it is not there somewhere inside. One-page features aren't all listed in the Content.

Thank you!
I will check them out this evening when I get home from work and get back to you.

Old
07-17-2017, 12:54 PM
hockeyviking

http://wwwc.aftonbladet.se/vss/teleg...537_p_,00.html

hockeyviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 10:37 PM
ljb4

Quote:

Thank you!
I had a pretty thorough look thru both of the media guides and the only mention I saw was on page 314 of the 2001-2002 guide in the Key Dates section and it just lists the dates for the two games (the 15th in Stockholm and the 18th in Helsinki). It was surprising how much information is the same in the two media guides.

Best of luck with your story.

Old
07-18-2017, 11:42 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
Maybe contact Dater? He went to those games and he seems to like bringing it up and talking about it, maybe he would help?

tigervixxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 04:37 PM
EurolancheDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb4 View Post
I had a pretty thorough look thru both of the media guides and the only mention I saw was on page 314 of the 2001-2002 guide in the Key Dates section and it just lists the dates for the two games (the 15th in Stockholm and the 18th in Helsinki). It was surprising how much information is the same in the two media guides.

Best of luck with your story.
Thank you. It is interesting as they were scheduled three games in total and at the final they played only one game that is even not listed in the media guide. Can you send me a pic of that please?

Tiger: He is already a part of the coming story.