HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranking habs prospects: #13

View Poll Results: Ranking habs prospects: #13
Brett Lernout 29 37.18%
Simon Bourque 1 1.28%
Martin Reway 27 34.62%
Jeremiah Addison 1 1.28%
Will Bitten 13 16.67%
Cale Fleury 3 3.85%
Scott Walford 1 1.28%
Zach Fucale 2 2.56%
Hayden Hawkey 0 0%
Cayden Primeau 1 1.28%
Lucas Vejdemo 0 0%
Jarret Tyszka 0 0%
Daniel Audette 0 0%
Antoine Waked 0 0%
Casey Staum 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-10-2017, 07:09 PM
montreal
Global Moderator
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500

Quote:
A player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria:

If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey's Future, regardless of the players status with his NHL club.
An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to the criteria above.

European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.
Feel free to suggest a name to go up:

Henrikson, Arvid
Eisenschmid, Markus
Grégoire, Jérémy
Parisi, Tom
Pezzetta, Michael
Koberstein, Nikolas

Results:
1. Noah Juulsen
2. Victor Mete
3. Charlie Lindgren
4. Charles Hudon
5. Ryan Poehling
6. Nikita Scherbak
7. Joni Ikonen
8. Michael McCarron
9. Michael McNiven
10. Jacob De La Rose
11. Josh Brook
12. Jake Evans

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2017, 08:53 PM
Mr. Hab

Wow! Suprised at Bitten's low stock these days!

Isn't Bitten a speed-demon? (potential: a much much faster Gallagher, no? that's great, no?!).

Bitten should be in the top 8-9? (according to many here who were so excited about his future...mostly thanks to his ultra fast speed and talent/heart).

Maybe he'll end up being a playoff winner/warrior in the future and our GM(s) will give him away (McDonagh, PK Subban, Radulov...).

Go Bitten Go!!

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2017, 09:06 PM
Treb

vCash: 1155
Reway time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post

Isn't Bitten a speed-demon? (potential: a much much faster Gallagher, no? that's great, no?!).

Bitten should be in the top 8-9? (according to many here who were so excited about his future...mostly thanks to his ultra fast speed and talent/heart).

Maybe he'll end up being a playoff winner/warrior in the future and our GM(s) will give him away (McDonagh, PK Subban, Radulov...).

Go Bitten Go!!
I have Bitten at #11, but I still have Reway to vote in before him.

He had a meh year (57 in 65 vs 65 in 67 last year, so no real progression offensively) and only 3 points (3 goals) in 7 games in the PO.

He is taking a drop in my rankings due to Evans and Mete progression and the addition of Poehling, Ikonen and Brook.

Treb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2017, 09:06 PM
Catanddogguitarrr

Quote:

Go Bitten Go!!
I would love the return of the speed demon le chevreuil Russ Courtnall, Go Bitten Go !!

Catanddogguitarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2017, 09:24 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Reway

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2017, 12:22 AM
habshound247

Lernout, add Gregoire

habshound247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2017, 12:25 AM
DramaticGloveSave

Lernout. Hudon gets love for his proximity so why not Lernout?

DramaticGloveSave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2017, 03:33 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaticGloveSave View Post
lernouts not close. he got 1 game because we had like 4 regulars out 2 seasons ago. hes not safe and doesnt have impressive upside

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2017, 09:50 AM
Maitz

vCash: 1150
Is Reway healthy ? Is he gonna have the same path as Bozon?

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2017, 09:54 AM
Harry Kakalovich

Add Koberstein

Harry Kakalovich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2017, 10:47 AM
DramaticGloveSave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
lernouts not close. he got 1 game because we had like 4 regulars out 2 seasons ago. hes not safe and doesnt have impressive upside
Bergevin mentioned Lernout by name as a guy who will be competing for a job in our top 6 this year, so ya, he's close.

I consider him a better prospect than Pateryn was just a few years ago.

DramaticGloveSave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2017, 11:02 AM
montreal
Global Moderator
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Go Bitten Go!!
Bitten's got good speed for sure. With DLR likely graduating off the list, Hudon, McCarron, and if Montoya were traded Lindgren is ready to replace him now imo. So once those guys move up, guys like Bitten will be top 10 for sure.

I know he was the go to guy with Flint, in Hamilton he was on the 2nd line in the games I saw so I wonder if there was more of an adjustment going from being the guy that carried the team to being one of several skilled forwards. I like him for sure and he's going to be a top 10 prospect for sure, my question for this time next year will be can he do enough to be a top 5 prospect for us and I think he can.

Quote:
I always go for upside over how close they are, it's not fair to the most recently drafted kids. Lernout has upside but he needs more time in the AHL imo, he's got to get better in his own end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitz View Post
Is Reway healthy ? Is he gonna have the same path as Bozon?
We don't know, Timmins just said that he's back in Slovakia, he's taking his meds but he's skating/training and until they hear otherwise they expect him to be at the rookie camp in September. Bozon lost a good bit of mass and strength, Reway looks fit in the last pic I saw. Since I'm not Dr. Recchi, I can't say how his health issue will impact him but as long as his heart is good enough for him to go at max effort whenever he wants and it doesn't hamper him hopefully he will be fine. I can't wait to find out as he is such a massive wild card for our system.

Quote:
Bergevin mentioned Lernout by name as a guy who will be competing for a job in our top 6 this year, so ya, he's close.

I consider him a better prospect than Pateryn was just a few years ago.
It's hard to say, Pateryn was the better AHLer, but Lernout is a better skater, quicker and more mobile and in today's NHL that's huge. Both had issues in their own end and both have some offensive upside while having good physical games. If Lernout improves his defensive play, he's got a very good shot at being a 5th/6th/7th for us in the next year or so. (this is his last year of waivers, in '18-'19 he will need to clear waivers to play in the AHL)

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2017, 12:21 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:

Go Bitten Go!!
yeah mediocre production. Got to see one game live in the playoffs and the whole team was dreadful. Left after the 2nd period. Bitten had a gorgeous sauce pass that his linemate couldn't convert. Probably best chance of that period. He was a buzz saw for sure. Finished just about every check.

Not too sure about if he has top 6 upside. Based on that one game I'd say no. His linemates were pretty bad though. Hard to say if he just doesn't quite have the goods to be an impact player or was just kind of misused. Do think he could be an NHLer. Skating and compete are there. Seems strong enough. Could be a good 4th liner at worst.

Was super stoked when we drafted him. He needs a big year to stay relevant in top prospect category. Too bad it sounded like he had a mediocre camp.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2017, 02:19 PM
Habs100

If Reway is healthy, he's #2, behind Ikonen in my eyes. But since we don't know what his health will be ranking him becomes a game involving factoring in the probability he'll be healthy that I'd rather not play. So for me, he's #2 with an asterisk saying assuming he's healthy. I won't rank him 12th or 13th. It's too meaningless.

1. Ikonen
2. Reway*
3. Scherbak
4. Juulsen
5. Mete
6. Poehling
7. Lindgren
8. Hudon
9. McNiven
10. Brook
11. Walford
12. McCarron
13. Lernout
14. Evans
15. De la Rose

Every player in the top 15 has a realistic shot at being an NHLer, although some seem more like 4th liners (McCarron, De la Rose). Add to them a few players who still have an outside chance: Addison, Bitten, Simon Bourque, and probably some of our recent pics that will get a chance to prove themselves.

Last edited by Habs100: 07-11-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Habs100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 09:00 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Reway time.
I have Bitten at #11, but I still have Reway to vote in before him.
He had a meh year (57 in 65 vs 65 in 67 last year, so no real progression offensively) and only 3 points (3 goals) in 7 games in the PO. He is taking a drop in my rankings due to Evans and Mete progression and the addition of Poehling, Ikonen and Brook.
Thanks for info! (''meh year'' + average playoff stats).
Maybe his stats are average due to the poor team? (Maybe with better teammates his real value will shine?,etc,etc). Or, maybe I'm just excusing Bitten for a season that we should all forget quickly and move on to this season! (new hope for Bitten!).

Definitely Reway time from what I've been seeing/reading here these days! (prospects' threads).

Bitten's stock has gone down, but hope he picks it up this season and mostly proves he can be a playoff player. But, I'm a sucker for that speed and compete of his! Hope he still has that 3rd line potential (with some 2nd line UPside)...gotta wait another year (or two) to see if he grows (goes UP in value/fully develops) or stagnates.

'Cause I'm still salivating at the thought of two speed-demons (Mete and Bitten) fully developed and in our lineup...to help with their speed and heart! Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
yeah mediocre production. Got to see one game live in the playoffs and the whole team was dreadful. Left after the 2nd period. Bitten had a gorgeous sauce pass that his linemate couldn't convert. Probably best chance of that period. He was a buzz saw for sure. Finished just about every check.

Not too sure about if he has top 6 upside. Based on that one game I'd say no. His linemates were pretty bad though. Hard to say if he just doesn't quite have the goods to be an impact player or was just kind of misused. Do think he could be an NHLer. Skating and compete are there. Seems strong enough. Could be a good 4th liner at worst.

Was super stoked when we drafted him. He needs a big year to stay relevant in top prospect category. Too bad it sounded like he had a mediocre camp.
Thanks for info. Still sounds like he has intensity/compete from your post...I'll keep my hope(s) alive for Bitten (3rd liner with 2nd line UPside) 'cause like mentioned above...I'm a sucker for speed! (Mete, Bitten, but most of all...playoff winners since we're due for a CUP!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Bitten's got good speed for sure. With DLR likely graduating off the list, Hudon, McCarron, and if Montoya were traded Lindgren is ready to replace him now imo. So once those guys move up, guys like Bitten will be top 10 for sure.

I know he was the go to guy with Flint, in Hamilton he was on the 2nd line in the games I saw so I wonder if there was more of an adjustment going from being the guy that carried the team to being one of several skilled forwards. I like him for sure and he's going to be a top 10 prospect for sure, my question for this time next year will be can he do enough to be a top 5 prospect for us and I think he can.
Great to read, and for sure (with that speed of his!) it will be interesting to see how he develops this season...and will be paying attention to his playoff play, as well...if Laval makes it to playoffs (hope they do! I can finally catch some baby Hab games since Laval is near Montreal, well...near-ish!).
Cheers for info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catanddogguitarrr View Post
I would love the return of the speed demon le chevreuil Russ Courtnall, Go Bitten Go !!
IF Bitten puts it all together...a mix of Russ ''le chevreuil'' Courtnall's speed and Gallagher's heart/grit/tenacity (or some of it!) would be great!! Cheers!

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 07-16-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote