HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Andrews on SXM: 31st AHL team coming 2018-19

Old
07-14-2017, 04:11 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat48 View Post
I don't know if I'd use the phrase throwing cold water on them moving.... The last article that I've seen published has them discussing the move and the arena would need to be renovated before a move could happen. I don't know if that's throwing cold water on the issue unless you have seen something that I'm missing.
tigervixxxen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 04:57 PM
Avsrule2002
"No more rats"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Can you at least link to the Eagles beat writer's Facebook page? From there it won't be hard for someone to dig up a link.
It was posted in a private group. But I finally taught myself how to screenshot and share today, so let's give this a try.......

[IMG][/IMG]

Avsrule2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 01:06 AM
GrGriffins

If these stories from Colorado are true, is it possible that the AHL BOG in their last meeting, called out Colorado on an update to their decision on whether or not the Av's want to own the 31st AHL franchise or not. Maybe the AHL BOG might have giving the Av's an ultimate date for them (say by the 2018 AHL All-Star Game) to give them a final decision on this matter. If Colorado does decide that they are not ready to own their AHL affiliate (even though they have stated in the past that they wanted one for a few years) for the 2018-19 AHL season, would the AHL BOG go to plan B and approve the St. Louis Blues request/rumor of wanting to own their AHL affiliate and place them in Independence, MO where the Kansas City Mavericks in the ECHL are currently at?

GrGriffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 03:07 AM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrGriffins View Post
If these stories from Colorado are true, is it possible that the AHL BOG in their last meeting, called out Colorado on an update to their decision on whether or not the Av's want to own the 31st AHL franchise or not. Maybe the AHL BOG might have giving the Av's an ultimate date for them (say by the 2018 AHL All-Star Game) to give them a final decision on this matter. If Colorado does decide that they are not ready to own their AHL affiliate (even though they have stated in the past that they wanted one for a few years) for the 2018-19 AHL season, would the AHL BOG go to plan B and approve the St. Louis Blues request/rumor of wanting to own their AHL affiliate and place them in Independence, MO where the Kansas City Mavericks in the ECHL are currently at?

The BOG already approved the 31st franchise's applicant. To me, this tells me that a team is already chosen.

Pair that with Jeremy Rutherford, Blues beat writer, saying unequivocally that the Blues will be affiliating with a current franchise and are not getting the expansion team.

I'd say it's more likely that people in Colorado are being deceptively coy about the whole situation than anything else. Or there's some mystery group out there who paid for a franchise and plans on calling up the Avs for an affiliation deal.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 11:06 AM
PSGJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
The BOG already approved the 31st franchise's applicant. To me, this tells me that a team is already chosen.

Pair that with Jeremy Rutherford, Blues beat writer, saying unequivocally that the Blues will be affiliating with a current franchise and are not getting the expansion team.

I'd say it's more likely that people in Colorado are being deceptively coy about the whole situation than anything else. Or there's some mystery group out there who paid for a franchise and plans on calling up the Avs for an affiliation deal.
Does it have to be the Blues or the Avs? Why not Nashville bringing a team to Tennessee or Kentucky? Why not one of the Florida teams bringing a team to Florida.

PSGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Braeden

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSGJ View Post
Does it have to be the Blues or the Avs? Why not Nashville bringing a team to Tennessee or Kentucky? Why not one of the Florida teams bringing a team to Florida.
Vancouver was rumoured to have an AHL team coming to play at the Pacific Coliseum.

Braeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braeden View Post
Vancouver was rumoured to have an AHL team coming to play at the Pacific Coliseum.
They already own the one in Utica so they don't need the expansion franchise...

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 12:46 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Kentucky's been there, already.... USA Hockey/San Jose in Rupp.... and the fiasco that the 2 Kentucky cities have going between Lexington and Louisville one-upping each other, the AFR'S et all with Florida and what transpired in Louisville(and elsewhere in pro hockey, Namely Port Huron and Elmira. PSGJ.

Florida's spoken for because the Everblades are part of Carolina, and Orlando has the Leafs now for a while too, neither Florida nor Tampa for that matter may not want the added expense and are likely content with Springfield and Syracuse.

same goes for Nashville and Milwaukee, where the Admirals have themselves intertwined with the Brewers....

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 01:27 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Isn't the hurricanes owner looking to sell? The blades have been on the rumored selling block before.

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 09:53 PM
Bluesfan54

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrGriffins View Post
The Blues tried to work out a deal earlier this year with the Mavericks, but the Mav's owner is happy with the ECHL and said no thanks.

Bluesfan54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2017, 12:16 PM
royals119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Enthusiast View Post
Isn't the hurricanes owner looking to sell? The blades have been on the rumored selling block before.
Yes, Peter Karmanos owns both the Hurricanes and the Everblades. Both have been available for purchase for a few years. News reports last week said a deal is in the works for the Hurricanes, although it isn't final yet. No recent word on a sale of the Everblades, and no hints whether they would be included in the sale of the Hurricanes or not.

royals119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2017, 03:33 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by royals119 View Post
Yes, Peter Karmanos owns both the Hurricanes and the Everblades. Both have been available for purchase for a few years. News reports last week said a deal is in the works for the Hurricanes, although it isn't final yet. No recent word on a sale of the Everblades, and no hints whether they would be included in the sale of the Hurricanes or not.
but Gale Force, through MDK Holdings, royals, as Kahn is one of a long list of minority owners.... see the Canes threads.... Charlotte nor Estero, WHICH is the town the Everblades play out of are going anywhere, but yes, the premise of the post is correct.

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2017, 06:58 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
Quote:
Rutherford basically confirmed in his latest chat that the Blues will be affiliating in San Antonio and has publicly stated Husso among other players will be sent there this year, so it's a matter of connecting the dots at this point.

tigervixxxen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2017, 12:33 AM
axecrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
Rutherford basically confirmed in his latest chat that the Blues will be affiliating in San Antonio and has publicly stated Husso among other players will be sent there this year, so it's a matter of connecting the dots at this point.
You mean like I did back in january??

axecrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2017, 05:17 PM
Tommy Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by axecrew View Post
You mean like I did back in january??
You know it all from illinois....

Tommy Hawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old