HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Henrik Lundqvist???

Old
04-05-2008, 05:50 AM
JLand

vCash: 500
It was Benoit Allaire, who completely changed Lundqist's style. Allaire has a very unconventional approach. Henrik made a name for himself in Sweden by coming out, challenging shooters and playing aggressive. Allaire thinks his goalies should stay deep in the net and I know for sure Henrik was absolutely baffled at the suggestion of not coming out basically at all anymore, at first. Thankfully Henrik has been blessed with exceptional reflexes and lateral movement.

JLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 09:59 AM
sousuffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneoriginal6 View Post
Because breakaways aren't the only time Lundqvist will face a one on one shot. I think he was beaten at least three times tonight low to the glove side. I think the Isles new it's a weak point and exploited it.
This isn't a new weak point- if it was, you'd have seen it 2 years ago and he wouldn't be in the league because everyone would have exploited it already. Goalies sometimes have bad nights in certain aspects. A great goalie could come to the rink one night and just flat out suck with his 5-hole coverage, but if the players don't exploit it on that night, you could never tell. Henrik's low glove was a weakness last night, and they found it. I'm sure it'll be fine by tomorrow. I can't tell you how many times I've felt like a strong part of my game was not up to par on a given night and yet I "escaped" because the players didn't catch on to it- or they did catch on and I gave up the same goal 10 times.

sousuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 10:57 AM
mergnemi*

Send a message via AIM to mergnemi*
some one explain what the hell was up with lundqvist last night? we can't afford these **** games from him now it's vezina caliber goaltending games the rest of the way now. i mean was he drinking the night before celebrating the playoff berth? and is it me or is it that every time there's a breakaway he lets in a goal? shoot outs i feel confident but it seems as if every time there's a breakaway it's a goal. just an observation here, thoughts?

mergnemi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 11:02 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Give Hank a break about last night please....he literaly got a piece of just about every goal, including the shootout, so sure he was a step behind last night but i think it has more to do with the # of intense important games down the stretch hes played (well i might add) coupled with a letdown after playing the night before and clinching a spot...i'm sorry but this team has been riding hanks back to the playoffs and until we start winning games 6-4 and 5-3 no ones gonna tell me any different. I think Hank just exhaled last night and now he has a devils tune up to get back in business on sunday..lets hope the boys dont give up 9 odd man rushes and 4 breakaways and he should be ok

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 11:15 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Give Hank a break about last night please....he literaly got a piece of just about every goal, including the shootout, so sure he was a step behind last night but i think it has more to do with the # of intense important games down the stretch hes played (well i might add) coupled with a letdown after playing the night before and clinching a spot...i'm sorry but this team has been riding hanks back to the playoffs and until we start winning games 6-4 and 5-3 no ones gonna tell me any different. I think Hank just exhaled last night and now he has a devils tune up to get back in business on sunday..lets hope the boys dont give up 9 odd man rushes and 4 breakaways and he should be ok
You're not allowed to use common sense on here, go away please.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 11:24 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
You're not allowed to use common sense on here, go away please.
I was hoping to get the job as forums resident voice of reason... I'll go sit in the corner now

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote