HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LD Rasmus Dahlin - Frolunda HC, SHL (2018 Draft)

Old
07-17-2017, 12:11 AM
Semantics
200 IQ passes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L13 View Post
Why do Leafs fans insist on ruining threads on this forum?
It's definitely not the Leafs fans who are ruining this thread. ^ Case in point.

Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 12:52 AM
doncherrysgrill
-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerjas View Post
He was never an expected 1st overall pick. Please show me articles from REAL sport watchers that say that he might go 1st overall.
Patrick/Liljegren was the 1/2 on almost every list 2 years out of the draft

doncherrysgrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 01:23 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
@StatBoy_Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncherrysgrill View Post
Patrick/Liljegren was the 1/2 on almost every list 2 years out of the draft
Exactly. Fans were talking about tanking for Liljegren

- Vince Pedrie
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJqAEM4DVoE/
Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 02:14 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post
Liljegren was expected to be the 1st overall pick until about a year ago.
And he was picked 17th. How is this relevant?

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 02:24 AM
flyersNducks

i know this is irrelevant but...

fantasy wise trade...would you do jt miller for vrana and colin white??

flyersNducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 04:03 AM
doncherrysgrill
-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
He's just making the point that the player with the most hype a year away from the draft doesn't always go 1 or 2 or 3, and in cases like Liljegren, Chychrun, etc. they drop in their draft year as they start getting picked apart

Old
07-17-2017, 04:16 AM
JAS 39 Gripen

Quote:
He's just making the point that the player with the most hype a year away from the draft doesn't always go 1 or 2 or 3, and in cases like Liljegren, Chychrun, etc. they drop in their draft year as they start getting picked apart
Thats fair and all, but the two players (Dahlin and Liljegren) is not comparable. Sure, they are both defenders and swedish, but Dahlin is way ahead of Liljegren already and has a MUCH higher upside than the other. Hes the best D prospect from Sweden of all time. Liljegren wasnt even close to Hedman in his draft year - not hype-wise och skill-wise. You should watch hockey instead of forming your opinions based on TSN biased articles.

Ok ?

JAS 39 Gripen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 05:02 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
@StatBoy_Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
It is relevant because Liljegren was in exactly the same situation as Dahlin is now.

Regarded a potential 1st overall pick 12 months prior to the draft. It would help if you actually follow the conversation that lead to my post. That's why the quote-system exists

Old
07-17-2017, 05:09 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
@StatBoy_Steven

Quote:
Chychrun and Liljegren are very similar in that regard. Just like Kylington and Clague. Players in similar positions, similar expected draft spots a year or two years prior to the draft and then dropping to the 2nd round

Old
07-17-2017, 06:15 AM
Luddowich

Quote:
Chychrun and Liljegren are very similar in that regard. Just like Kylington and Clague. Players in similar positions, similar expected draft spots a year or two years prior to the draft and then dropping to the 2nd round
But they're not similar to Jones, Hedman, Ekblad? So i really don't see the point. Liljegren is not comparable to Dahlin as a prospect, neither is Clauge and Kylington.

Quote:
It is relevant because Liljegren was in exactly the same situation as Dahlin is now.

Regarded a potential 1st overall pick 12 months prior to the draft. It would help if you actually follow the conversation that lead to my post. That's why the quote-system exists
So we shouldn't have talked about McDavid or Matthews being a potential first overall pick in 2014,2015?

Luddowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 06:36 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
@StatBoy_Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddowich View Post
But they're not similar to Jones, Hedman, Ekblad? So i really don't see the point. Liljegren is not comparable to Dahlin as a prospect, neither is Clauge and Kylington.
Reading comprehension: 0

Read the message I was responding to please. I never said Clague and Kylington are comparable to Dahlin.

Liljegren is, because he was regarded a potential 1st overall pick in 2016, when he was draft eligible in 2017. Dahlin is regarded a potential 1st round pick in 2017, when he is draft eligible in 2018.

It's exactly the same. Liljegren was in the exact same situation last year as Dahlin is this year.

Klague and Kylington were once regarded as potential top-10 picks but both dropped to the 2nd round. They are comparable TO EACH OTHER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddowich View Post
So we shouldn't have talked about McDavid or Matthews being a potential first overall pick in 2014,2015?
And again, you completely miss the point of what I am saying. Please, read the message I was quoting to understand how the conversation started and how it got to this.

Old
07-17-2017, 06:58 AM
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst

Quote:
Liljegren was expected to be the 1st overall pick until about a year ago.
2017 was Patrick's draft as far back as 2015. I don't recall anyone pegging Liljegren as the "expected" top pick. He was temporarily considered a challenger, and that was only after a strong U18.

As far as I know, it was Patrick with Liljegren as his top challenger, and that talk quieted in September.

Steve Kournianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 07:23 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
@StatBoy_Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kournianos View Post
2017 was Patrick's draft as far back as 2015. I don't recall anyone pegging Liljegren as the "expected" top pick. He was temporarily considered a challenger, and that was only after a strong U18.

As far as I know, it was Patrick with Liljegren as his top challenger, and that talk quieted in September.
I posted a link to Button talking about Liljegren and Patrick both being potential 1st overall picks, last June. Yes, it quieted down in September, but I wasn't talking about September.

Anyway, I am done with this conversation. Liljegren was considered a potential no 1 pick 12 months prior to the draft, same as Dahlin now.

Old
07-17-2017, 07:26 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:

Still not relevant. Dahlin has shown potential and done things in his draft -1 year that Liljegren never has.
But if you want to compare Liljegren to every player that was regarded as a possible 1st pick a year before their draft then go ahead.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 07:40 AM
Brock Radunske
안양종합운동장 빙상장

vCash: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS 39 Gripen View Post
Thats fair and all, but the two players (Dahlin and Liljegren) is not comparable. Sure, they are both defenders and swedish, but Dahlin is way ahead of Liljegren already and has a MUCH higher upside than the other. Hes the best D prospect from Sweden of all time. Liljegren wasnt even close to Hedman in his draft year - not hype-wise och skill-wise. You should watch hockey instead of forming your opinions based on TSN biased articles.

Ok ?
You're just trying to hype him up because there is an excellent chance that Winnipeg drafts Dahlin next year

Brock Radunske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 08:59 AM
Salmonsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Radunske View Post
You're just trying to hype him up because there is an excellent chance that Winnipeg drafts Dahlin next year
If he lands at 17 maybe but even that is a long shot. Leafs will draft him again I suppose.

Salmonsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 10:19 AM
NHL Dude 120

vCash: 135
relax guys he's coming to Ottawa

NHL Dude 120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 10:43 AM
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst

Quote:
I posted a link to Button talking about Liljegren and Patrick both being potential 1st overall picks, last June. Yes, it quieted down in September, but I wasn't talking about September.

Anyway, I am done with this conversation. Liljegren was considered a potential no 1 pick 12 months prior to the draft, same as Dahlin now.
Saying someone is "expected" to BE the No. 1 pick and is a candidate to be No. 1 are two different things.

I'm just going off what you wrote.

Steve Kournianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 10:44 AM
Luddowich

Quote:
Reading comprehension: 0

Read the message I was responding to please. I never said Clague and Kylington are comparable to Dahlin.

Liljegren is, because he was regarded a potential 1st overall pick in 2016, when he was draft eligible in 2017. Dahlin is regarded a potential 1st round pick in 2017, when he is draft eligible in 2018.

It's exactly the same. Liljegren was in the exact same situation last year as Dahlin is this year.

Klague and Kylington were once regarded as potential top-10 picks but both dropped to the 2nd round. They are comparable TO EACH OTHER!!!

And again, you completely miss the point of what I am saying. Please, read the message I was quoting to understand how the conversation started and how it got to this.
Show me one ranking where Liljegren was ranked number 1 though, They're not comparable prospects. 2017 was Patrick's to lose since 3 years back. This year looks like it's Dahlins to lose. That's a big difference.
A better comparison would be changing Liljegren to Ekblad, because again. They're not similar prospects to begin with. So I'm sorry. I really don't get your point other than Dahlin entering his draft season like Liljegren did last year. Difference is Dahlin is the front runner, Liljegren wasn't.
And again, a better comparison would be to change Liljegrens name to Jones, Hedman or Ekblad since they all had a hype like Dahlin has coming into his draft season. Liljegren never did.

Further, Dahlin isn't in the same position Liljegren was in last year. He's not entering the season on a dumpster fire of a team with mono(hopefully). This time last year Liljegren was preparing to play in the Hlinka, Dahlin isn't on the roster because he's way to good. Do you not see the difference?

Luddowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 01:02 PM
doncherrysgrill
-----

I don't know how you figure that the #1 spot is Dahlin's to lose, considering Svechnikov is considered a similar-level prospect and we literally see it every year that top forwards go over top defensemen whether it makes sense or not.

Do I think Dahlin is the better prospect, yes, but not by much. Unless Svechnikov is disappointing this season it'll be a discussion all year, Dahlin is in no way penciled in for the #1 pick