HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals Part XXXII

Old
07-16-2017, 08:40 AM
Ranksu
Crotch Academy ftw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
It is certainly strange that Tavares hasn't signed. While it is true that it has only been 2 weeks since he has been eligible to sign, the talks must have been going on for at least a couple of months leading up to that.
He have 1-year in his contract so why rush things? Maybe NHL season has started they might formalize new contract.

Ranksu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 09:03 AM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranksu View Post
He have 1-year in his contract so why rush things? Maybe NHL season has started they might formalize new contract.
The rush is because the Islanders can't afford to lose him for nothing, and the difference between trading him now and trading him at the deadline is huge.

It's the reason that most elite players sign the year before their contracts are up.

They might well get something done before the season starts, but it is still a little strange that it isn't done ahead of July.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 01:41 PM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
Wow Devils fans are on board with this idea of Henrique for a deal around Gunnarsson and Schmaltz. Makes sense because they really need defensemen and those two would give them depth there.

Schwartz-Stastny-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Henrique-Schenn
Steen-Sobotka-Barbashev
Paajarvi-Brodziak-Sundqvist
Bennett/Thorburn

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Edmundson-Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo
Lindbohm

Allen
Hutton

I hope Doug Armstrong looks into this because that's the best team in the Western Conference.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 02:19 PM
Ivan Barbashev
Elite Russian Squad

How do we fit Berglund in when he returns?

Also, I don't know that, that lineup is unquestionably the best in the West. Even with an addition like Henrique, we'll be relying on one player for a lot of our offense. That's without mentioning he's a lot better on the Wing and probably not the best fit for a center.

Ivan Barbashev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 02:31 PM
Dbrownss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Barbashev View Post

Also, I don't know that, that lineup is unquestionably the best in the West. Even with an addition like Henrique, we'll be relying on one player for a lot of our offense. That's without mentioning he's a lot better on the Wing and probably not the best fit for a center.
Change the locks? lol

Dbrownss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 03:05 PM
LetsGoBooze
Suplex N Score

vCash: 960
I think the addition of Henrique would make us a true contender. We still need another 20-30 goal scorer in my opinion and he would fill that gap. Plus, he's on a very reasonalbe 2-year deal and fits our new teams core age. I'm on board.

LetsGoBooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 03:13 PM
Ranksu
Crotch Academy ftw

Quote:

He will score 40 goals. Last season he fixed his one shoulder and he produce 20 goal mark, now he have done both so..

Seriously I view this good thing for our young guys. I'm fine if Berglund goes 4th line spot. Takes that from Pääjärvi and plays there. I think 3.850mil.$ contract should be easy to move out if needed. Only if he sucks badly.

Old
07-16-2017, 05:51 PM
BlueDream

Quote:

1. I don't really care about Berglund.

2. I'm not sure how you think a team with Schwartz, Schenn, Fabbri, Steen, Henrique and Stastny will only be relying on Tarasenko.

3. I also don't really care where Henrique looks better. We have plenty of wingers. All we need is for him or Schenn to look competent at center and then our depth at every position is great.

Old
07-16-2017, 09:40 PM
Spektre

Schwartz, Tage Thompson, Jaskin, Schmaltz, 2019 1st

For:

Aleksander Barkov

Spektre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 09:42 PM
Dbrownss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektre View Post

For:

Aleksander Barkov

Old
07-16-2017, 09:50 PM
BlueDream

How about just Jaskin for a new TV?

Old
07-16-2017, 09:56 PM
KirkOut
EveryoneOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
How about just Jaskin for a new TV?
terrible trade. i doubt the tv could score 1 goal

KirkOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 10:12 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkOut View Post
terrible trade. i doubt the tv could score 1 goal
But if Bouwmeester watches enough film on it, he might be able to score a goal. Maybe.

Old
07-16-2017, 10:36 PM
Spektre

With Florida having an internal cap of $65 million it would probably have to be Fabbri, Thompson, Schmaltz, Gunnarsson, & Jaskin for Barkov.

I'm spit balling for a center.

Florida is killing their fan base. The Blues might as well take advantage & get the long lost center 👍

Old
07-16-2017, 10:42 PM
Dbrownss

Quote:
With Florida having an internal cap of $65 million it would probably have to be Fabbri, Thompson, Schmaltz, Gunnarsson, & Jaskin for Barkov.

I'm spit balling for a center.

Florida is killing their fan base. The Blues might as well take advantage & get the long lost center 👍
Except he only plays like 75% of the season. As great as he is, he's softer then Stastny...also they would never trade him

Old
07-16-2017, 10:52 PM
Spektre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrownss View Post
Except he only plays like 75% of the season. As great as he is, he's softer then Stastny...also they would never trade him
It's a little hard to label a 21 year old soft. In reverse order he's played 61, 66, & 71 games. I'd be happy with 67 regular season games if it meant a parade down Market St.

While I agree they probably wouldn't trade Barkov, nothing that franchise does shocks me.

Old
07-16-2017, 11:27 PM
Dbrownss

Quote:
It's a little hard to label a 21 year old soft. In reverse order he's played 61, 66, & 71 games. I'd be happy with 67 regular season games if it meant a parade down Market St.

While I agree they probably wouldn't trade Barkov, nothing that franchise does shocks me.
It isn't when hes always injured

Last edited by Dbrownss: 07-17-2017 at 06:44 AM.
Old
07-17-2017, 06:39 AM
Ranksu
Crotch Academy ftw

Quote:

For:

Aleksander Barkov
Zero change Florida will trade their franchise center Barkov away. We need to draft that player simple as that and looking our prospect pool we don't have that kind of player.

Tho, Barkov - Tarasenko would be leathal duo, knowing Barkov have Russian background too.

Days and years go by and we're desperately looking for 1 center. Interesting to see our best players waste their prime years in Blues.

Old
07-17-2017, 07:07 AM
Ranksu
Crotch Academy ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
The rush is because the Islanders can't afford to lose him for nothing, and the difference between trading him now and trading him at the deadline is huge.

It's the reason that most elite players sign the year before their contracts are up.

They might well get something done before the season starts, but it is still a little strange that it isn't done ahead of July.
I don't believe that Islanders are going to let Tavares just walk away for nothing. If they will do that will mean somebody will get fired and burned to hell. Tavares will get extension around October - November.

Old
07-17-2017, 09:56 AM
MissouriMook
A Mook Among Men

Quote:
I don't believe that Islanders are going to let Tavares just walk away for nothing. If they will do that will mean somebody will get fired and burned to hell. Tavares will get extension around October - November.
It is a fair question to ask, though, given that he has seem what their offseason plan was so far. If he hasn't signed an extension by now, what is he still waiting to see before he is willing to agree to one? I have a really hard time believing that by mid-July his agent and Garth Snow haven't come to an agreement on what the AAV needs to be in order for him to stay, contingent on his satisfaction with how Snow is building a team around him.

MissouriMook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 10:53 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriMook View Post
It is a fair question to ask, though, given that he has seem what their offseason plan was so far. If he hasn't signed an extension by now, what is he still waiting to see before he is willing to agree to one? I have a really hard time believing that by mid-July his agent and Garth Snow haven't come to an agreement on what the AAV needs to be in order for him to stay, contingent on his satisfaction with how Snow is building a team around him.
Assume that Tavares has decided to test UFA market. He's not going to announce it, and he'll continue to say complimentary things about the Islander organization / fans (diplomatically) and allow the appearance that there could be ongoing contract negotiations. But I agree that if he hasn't signed an extension by the trade deadline, that tells you everything you need to know about his intentions. And a deadline trade for a player of his caliber won't just come together instantly. Teams will need to plan quite a bit to take on his salary (and expected extension number).

If he hasn't signed by the end of training camp, I think it highly likely he is going to a different team. If I were him I would do it. I have no idea what teams he would be looking at, but I suspect he's more likely to want to stay in the East. It would also drive down the market for Duchenne, but that's already been a huge mess. The Blues are well poised with Stastny coming off the books.

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 11:15 AM
Ranksu
Crotch Academy ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriMook View Post
I really don't know when its the 'time' to give extension for guy like JT. How often franchise player get his extension worked out if 1-year left in just right away in summer or will there be room for them get timeframe to work out with that all winter? Give room for both sides.

Old
07-17-2017, 11:48 AM
stl76
Optimist & Homer

vCash: 1972
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Wow Devils fans are on board with this idea of Henrique for a deal around Gunnarsson and Schmaltz. Makes sense because they really need defensemen and those two would give them depth there.

Schwartz-Stastny-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Henrique-Schenn
Steen-Sobotka-Barbashev
Paajarvi-Brodziak-Sundqvist
Bennett/Thorburn

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Edmundson-Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo
Lindbohm

Allen
Hutton

I hope Doug Armstrong looks into this because that's the best team in the Western Conference.
That's what I've been saying man. Devils fans say Henrique is a better LW than C, but the guy has taken over 1000 faceoffs 3 times in his career and 900+ another time. He's clearly effective enough to handle 2C duties IMO. If he needs to be sheltered then throw him on a line with a Vova and Fabbs. Or I kind of like the idea of a Fabbri - Henrique - Schenn line then just rotating the C position between the three!

Lol @ trading for Barkov...good luck with that one.

stl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 12:12 PM
Dbrownss

Quote:
I really don't know when its the 'time' to give extension for guy like JT. How often franchise player get his extension worked out if 1-year left in just right away in summer or will there be room for them get timeframe to work out with that all winter? Give room for both sides.
From a managment perspective, ASAP. Like we did with Tarasenko.

Old
07-17-2017, 12:33 PM
MissouriMook
A Mook Among Men

Quote:
Everyone and anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but the only player of JT's caliber that I can remember going into the season without a new contract since the current CBA went into effect a few years ago is Stamkos. It is rare that these franchise level players are allowed to get anywhere near unrestricted free agency. Restricted free agents are an entirely different story because the player really has few options and typically little to no leverage other than to sit out, as we feared Pietrangelo would do a few years ago.

Maybe something gets done by the end of camp, but I tend to agree that if they don't have him locked up by then it is likely he is moving on. Would he consider the Blues an attractive option? Who knows, but the friendship with Petro certainly won't hurt. The difference in schedules and travel in the Western Conference will always be at least a small stumbling block for the Blues attracting talent from the East, but I don't know how you can look at our lineup and not feel like a Blues team led by JT wouldn't instantly be a favorite to come out of the West for the next 5-6 years.

MissouriMook is offline   Reply With Quote