HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Charles Hudon Part II

Old
07-15-2017, 12:52 AM
DramaticGloveSave

vCash: 500
I've been high on Hudon for a couple of years but I he's yet to prove himself in the NHL. The waiver issue sucks because I think he's about a year away still. Though he's a high IQ player so maybe he's the rare guy to break out in the NHL. I definitely don't want to lose him for nothing.

DramaticGloveSave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 09:39 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
You are confusing your opinion with fact.
He would definitely be claimed, if anything I feel like Vegas might claim a few guys this year to see if they pan out or even trade them for picks to other teams if they can.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 09:43 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
He would definitely be claimed, if anything I feel like Vegas might claim a few guys this year to see if they pan out or even trade them for picks to other teams if they can.
The only thing that might stop a team from taking Hudon is that second year being a 1-way deal, but then again if a team thinks he can be an NHL contributor it's not really a factor at all.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 10:08 AM
Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
The only thing that might stop a team from taking Hudon is that second year being a 1-way deal, but then again if a team thinks he can be an NHL contributor it's not really a factor at all.

Having to keep him in the NHL lineup or risk losing him back to Montreal may have more of an impact on the decision to pick him off of waivers, IMO.

A team can't pick Hudon off of waivers and send him back down to the AHL. At least, not for a while.

Scriptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 12:14 PM
Runner77

vCash: 3740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
Having to keep him in the NHL lineup or risk losing him back to Montreal may have more of an impact on the decision to pick him off of waivers, IMO.

A team can't pick Hudon off of waivers and send him back down to the AHL. At least, not for a while.
A team picking up Hudon off the wire wouldn't have more rights than the team losing him. He'd have to remain part of the acquiring team's NHL roster or waived again, as I understand it.

Runner77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 10:07 PM
PaulQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Corey Locke
Aaron Palushaj
Crhis Terry
Chris Bourque
Chris Mueller

Not at 20, 21 and 22 yo

PaulQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 01:42 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
That is not the "only" thing. A team isn't going to waste a roster spot claiming a guy they don't think has an NHL future.

Vegas passed on Hudon for free in the Expansion Draft and picked a bloated contract instead.

Eventually people are going to realize that the Emperor Has No Clothes.

Hudon could clear waivers because literally every team in the league has a Hudon type guy in the AHL. He's not valuable.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 01:55 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
That is not the "only" thing. A team isn't going to waste a roster spot claiming a guy they don't think has an NHL future.

Vegas passed on Hudon for free in the Expansion Draft and picked a bloated contract instead.

Eventually people are going to realize that the Emperor Has No Clothes.

Hudon could clear waivers because literally every team in the league has a Hudon type guy in the AHL. He's not valuable.
LMAO I would take him in a second, so would every team in the league. You forget that he somehow managed to succeed in our development program.

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 02:07 PM
scrubadam

Ghetto made it through waivers and he was more "NHL" established then Hudon last season.

scrubadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 04:28 PM
MD thaivuN
Anime Music Hipster

vCash: 470
worst players have picked off and better players have been passed over. If a team likes him, they'll take him.

MD thaivuN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 04:42 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD thaivuN View Post
worst players have picked off and better players have been passed over. If a team likes him, they'll take him.
Exactly.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 05:40 PM
a55p2

It's as they say, don't count your chickens before the eggs have hatched.

a55p2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 05:49 PM
jfm133

Unless they have a really terrible camp, Hudon and DeLaRose will make the team. You cannot take the risk to lose them before giving them a fair shot after three years in the pros. Don't look at the actual roster. I still think a winger can be traded for a D before the start of the season.

jfm133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 06:31 PM
thedunceofhockey

He will be part of the package going to Denver.

thedunceofhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 07:11 PM
btallett

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedunceofhockey View Post
LOL we've been talking about this trade to Denver for what seems like forever ; I have a feeling this isn't going to happen ;

btallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2017, 08:11 PM
montreal
Global Moderator
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubadam View Post
Ghetto made it through waivers and he was more "NHL" established then Hudon last season.
Hudon was a better AHLer and GM's know he hasn't been given much of a chance to prove what he can do in the NHL. That said maybe they send him down and hope he slips through. I'd worry about Vegas picking him since in the expansion draft it looked like they were trying to pick a decent amount of players they thought they could flip for a pick. I believe LV can send any of it's players down all year and not have to clear waivers but I can't remember where I heard that so I would have to look it up to see if it's true or not.

Hudon is either going to show he can be an NHLer at camp/preseason or he's not and then the Habs will have to decide what to do with him.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 08:57 AM
Habs100

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedunceofhockey View Post

In my dreams.

Habs100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 04:27 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
LMAO I would take him in a second, so would every team in the league.
This is your opinion, this is not a fact. Las Vegas just passed on him for free and instead took a bloated contract. If Las Vegas thought he was useful and an NHL player, they certainly need those. Instead they took on albatross they traded away for a 3rd round draft pick.

Your theory that every team in the league would take him in a second was literally just shown to not be true by an expansion team.

Old
07-18-2017, 07:14 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
This is your opinion, this is not a fact. Las Vegas just passed on him for free and instead took a bloated contract. If Las Vegas thought he was useful and an NHL player, they certainly need those. Instead they took on albatross they traded away for a 3rd round draft pick.

Your theory that every team in the league would take him in a second was literally just shown to not be true by an expansion team.
Do you understand the terms and conditions that were imposed on Las Vegas because if you did you wouldn't be posting those comments. Reality trumps your theory.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 08:18 PM
Treb

vCash: 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulQ View Post
Not at 20, 21 and 22 yo
Tobias Rieder

Matt Fraser
Brett Connolly
Jeremy Morin
Chris Brown
Lucas Lessio
Ty Rattie
Teemu Pulkkinen
Matt Puempel
Luke Adam
Stanislav Galiev
Colton Sissons
Austin Watson
Shane Prince

Treb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 09:48 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Do you understand the terms and conditions that were imposed on Las Vegas because if you did you wouldn't be posting those comments. Reality trumps your theory.
Yes, I fully understand the "terms and conditions that were imposed on Las Vegas."

Please explain how those terms and conditions prohibited them from selecting Charles Hudon.

Furthermore, please explain why so many here were so concerned and worried Charles Hudon was going to be selected by Las Vegas if you think 'terms and conditions' restricted them from doing so.

Old
07-18-2017, 11:24 PM
Brainiac

Quote:
Yes, I fully understand the "terms and conditions that were imposed on Las Vegas."

Please explain how those terms and conditions prohibited them from selecting Charles Hudon.

Furthermore, please explain why so many here were so concerned and worried Charles Hudon was going to be selected by Las Vegas if you think 'terms and conditions' restricted them from doing so.
Emelin was a more valuable asset than Hudon and that's all there is to it. The Vegas situation was really interesting in the sense that it opened the market for these fringe players. And the market's answer was : Emelin > Plekanec/Hudon.

It's only my opinion, but I think Vegas would have taken Plekanec way before Hudon. Plekanec can still fetch a high-ish pick at the deadline. Hudon, not so sure. And Vegas certainly doesn't need 26 years old Hudon in 3 years.

Brainiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2017, 08:44 AM
Rockomax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Emelin was a more valuable asset than Hudon and that's all there is to it. The Vegas situation was really interesting in the sense that it opened the market for these fringe players. And the market's answer was : Emelin > Plekanec/Hudon.

It's only my opinion, but I think Vegas would have taken Plekanec way before Hudon. Plekanec can still fetch a high-ish pick at the deadline. Hudon, not so sure. And Vegas certainly doesn't need 26 years old Hudon in 3 years.
Hudon @26yo might (or might not, obviously) have more value than Emelin and Plekanec at the time of the expansion draft though. In 3 years, if they didn't need him, they could just have traded him, no biggie. It all depends on how the team projects his value in time. It could have been an interesting gamble for them though. But since GMs value more short-term assets than longer-term assets, McPhee might have preferred a 3rd round pick next year rather than a 2nd in 4 years.

Rockomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2017, 09:48 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Hudon was a better AHLer and GM's know he hasn't been given much of a chance to prove what he can do in the NHL. That said maybe they send him down and hope he slips through. I'd worry about Vegas picking him since in the expansion draft it looked like they were trying to pick a decent amount of players they thought they could flip for a pick. I believe LV can send any of it's players down all year and not have to clear waivers but I can't remember where I heard that so I would have to look it up to see if it's true or not.

Hudon is either going to show he can be an NHLer at camp/preseason or he's not and then the Habs will have to decide what to do with him.
You might be right as a one-year exception, but that would be a helluva concession from the NHLPA. NHL players losing the right to be picked up??

Like I said, this could be real for all I know, but it would suck for the player who could make other clubs.

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2017, 09:54 AM
7 day theory

Got a feeling Hudon is going to surprise and have a similar impact to what Lehkonen had this year.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote