HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Filatov

Old
04-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Bobby Granger

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bobby Granger
Filatov

not to jump the gun into the draft or anything.. but i read that he was going to play in North America.. is there anyway the rangers can grab this guy..? i mean he and cherry both from russia.. i BELIEVE they played with ech other.. he has a good attitude.. and has amazing stick-handeling..is there anyway if he drops to the 10-15 mark that we get him.

Bobby Granger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

vCash: 529
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Use the draft thread. The fact that he said that he will play in NA next year makes his stock completely zoom. Can't see him getting to the Rangers now.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 08:50 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

No way he drops to where the Rangers can draft him.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 08:51 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
Use the draft thread. The fact that he said that he will play in NA next year makes his stock completely zoom. Can't see him getting to the Rangers now.
That would have been awsome to get him. Filatov-Anisimov-Chere

Drool

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 08:59 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post

Drool
hmm u never know what sather has up his sleeve.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 09:36 PM
h0ckeyman

no way it will happen hell go top 5 for sure...then again chere was supposed to also...well see. Not sure maybe if we gave up a 1st and a 2nd ...maybe a 3rd too ?? for a top 5 pick who knows...

Itd be worth it to get chere over here

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 10:45 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
no way it will happen hell go top 5 for sure...then again chere was supposed to also...well see. Not sure maybe if we gave up a 1st and a 2nd ...maybe a 3rd too ?? for a top 5 pick who knows...

Itd be worth it to get chere over here
maybe prucha baranka first 3rd

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Celestial Black

It really would be great to get him but Sather would need to work some magic.

Filatov-AA-Cherry

That would be great to see.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

I'm pretty sure Anisimov has played with Filatov at the WJC, if I'm not mistaken Cherry was on that line too.

Either way, great PR job by momma Filatov and whoever else to let that info get out now..

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:40 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
hmm u never know what sather has up his sleeve.
We do have the resources to make it happen

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:46 PM
BJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
We do have the resources to make it happen
You guys would have to give up something pretty valuable to move into the top 5. Filatov will undoubtedly go in the top 5 (well, IMO) and it's going to be REALLY hard to pry that pick from someone. I'm thinking Stamkos, Filatov, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Schenn in the top 5 (in no specific order). I'm hoping the Isles can take Filatov at 5. Although the Isles desperately need a top pairing defender, they need scoring just as bad. It would be nice to have someone on Okposo's line next year to take the pressure off him. And although it may not be the best move, I sorta want a guy who can make the jump right away, and defenders usually take a bit longer to develop.

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Levitate

I'm starting to feel like he's getting overhyped at this point...

Not that he isn't a good player, but suddenly it's like everyone's going "wow, top five pick for sure!"

more of a feeling than anything else, though

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:59 PM
BJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I'm starting to feel like he's getting overhyped at this point...

Not that he isn't a good player, but suddenly it's like everyone's going "wow, top five pick for sure!"

more of a feeling than anything else, though
I don't think its that he's necessarily better than Cherepanov (although if you go on the Prospects board there is a thread comparing the two.) but I think his value jumps a bit because of his frequent statements expressing his desire to come over to NA as soon as possible. So you have less teams fearing the problems of getting him over here. Also, I've heard conflicting stories about when his contract is up, some saying that it is up after this year actually.

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 02:02 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post

Drool
the 3 of them played together during World Juniors this year and they played together many times before that. Would be absolutely a sick line to have but it isnt gona happen.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Levitate

yeah I wasn't trying to compare him to Cherepanov or anything, just saying that he seems like one of those players whos hype seriously ramped up right before the draft.

That, and I think the game he plays is the kind that gets people excited, regardless of how well he might translate it into the pro game.

Again, I'm not saying he'll bust or that he's not a real good pick to make, just have an unfounded feeling. That said, I'd still take him if he was on board when the Rangers drafted

Old
04-04-2008, 02:12 PM
squishy

...and Cherepanov said he had an agreement in place to come over here in a year when he was drafted...

Not knocking what the kid's saying, and don't doubt he means it, but I find it extremely hard to believe his contract is actually up this season, regardless of what some people are saying. It wouldn't be very smart of CSKA to sign a kid to a contract that expires as soon as he become draft eligible. I've read that he could have as many as 3 years remaining. So he's looking at breaking the law or coming up with the cash to buy himself out. Since he hasn't gotten any real time in the RSL, it's possible the amount of his buyout wouldn't be as high as someone like Cherepanov, but IMHO, the same questions surround him as any other Russian prospect. What he's saying publicly doesn't make me likely to pick him any higher than I would have originally. I don't think it influences any GMs all that much either.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 02:13 PM
clemsonRanger

would you give up bobby sangs for him????

i dont think i would but the filatov-AA-chere line looks like a great top line for a long time

clemsonRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 02:45 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonRanger View Post

i dont think i would but the filatov-AA-chere line looks like a great top line for a long time
No. Bobby Sangs will fit in PERFECTLY with this team when he's ready to make the jump. He's exactly what the team is missing.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 02:47 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonRanger View Post

Hell no.

AA-Chere will do fine. Don't need an all Russians line to dominate. Throw Dawes in that mix or Drury and we'd be good-to-go.

Filatov won't drop past 15 ish. We will probably be in the 20-25 range so we aren't getting him.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
...and Cherepanov said he had an agreement in place to come over here in a year when he was drafted...

Not knocking what the kid's saying, and don't doubt he means it, but I find it extremely hard to believe his contract is actually up this season, regardless of what some people are saying. It wouldn't be very smart of CSKA to sign a kid to a contract that expires as soon as he become draft eligible. I've read that he could have as many as 3 years remaining. So he's looking at breaking the law or coming up with the cash to buy himself out. Since he hasn't gotten any real time in the RSL, it's possible the amount of his buyout wouldn't be as high as someone like Cherepanov, but IMHO, the same questions surround him as any other Russian prospect. What he's saying publicly doesn't make me likely to pick him any higher than I would have originally. I don't think it influences any GMs all that much either.
Yeah, I think the slight difference is that Filitov leaving doesn't create a hole on his RSL top team's roster, like Cherepanov's leaving would have. They might be a little more likely to let him go in that case, but if he really is that good, they'd also have incentive to keep him around for another several years.

Really just depends on what his contract looks like. If he has a contract, it's not going to be as easy as saying "I'm going to play in NA"

Old
04-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherapanov View Post
Hell no.

AA-Chere will do fine. Don't need an all Russians line to dominate. Throw Dawes in that mix or Drury and we'd be good-to-go.

Filatov won't drop past 15 ish. We will probably be in the 20-25 range so we aren't getting him.
I hope to be in the 29-30 range!

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 01:45 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Filatov had a recent interview stating he WILL be coming over to NA next season and he will discuss where exactly he will play with the team that drafts him.

So that pretty much means he will not drop and will easily be a top 10 pick. So we can cross out any hope he would drop to us.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 02:05 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
I hope to be in the 29-30 range!
Id hate to be 29. Knowing you were so close!

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote