HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

HabsInsideOut - Habs Injury Update

Old
04-05-2008, 02:59 PM
golteez

vCash: 500
3 ready to go, 1 BIG maybe, and 1 has the flu (Habs I/O)

Koivu uncertain for start of playoffs
posted by Dave Stubbs at 14h54 EST on Apr 5

The return of Canadiens captain Saku Koivu for the first game of the playoffs, probably Thursday at the Bell Centre, remains uncertain. Koivu, out with a fractured foot since last Friday's game in Buffalo, met the media after this morning's game-day skate and said, "It's going better. I'll have a better idea next week."

Koivu said he hasn't yet tried to put his foot in a skate, but believes he's healing normally; he's no longer on crutches, but is wearing a walking cast. He's to be re-examined by team doctors Tuesday or Wednesday.

"I've faced much adversity in my career and I've always found the means to come back," he said, reported by La Presse Canadienne. "I'm just happy that the team has qualified for the playoffs."

Other news from the Canadiens clinic:

• Defenceman Mike Komisarek is essentially ready to return after rehabbing a hip injury and possibly could have played tonight, but is following the advice of team medical staff in waiting for Game 1.
• Forward Michael Ryder's leg injury is almost completely healed and he'll be ready for the start of the playoffs.
• Defenceman François Bouillon still has pain in his right ankle and will benefit from a few more days' rest.
• Forward Mikhail Grabovski remains "quarantined" with the flu.

http://www.habsinsideout.com/

Koivu will play, he's one of the toughest players of this generation considering what he's gone through. He will be ready for game 1.
Good news with the rest of the guys except Grabs but that's just the flu (Don't get the rest of the guys sick, unless they get the Michael Jordan flu bug - for those who follow basketball).

golteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Pascal

Poor Grabovski, first he was shipped back and forth from Hamilton and scratched in most games, then he becomes unhappy about it, then he gets to play some and show good things and then he's the reject of the team and probably boxed up somewhere in a hotel closet.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Iwishihadacup

WHAT?!?

they recalled françois Bouillon?!?

why not chipchura?!?!

and is happenning with francis?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 04:12 PM
HomaridII

HabsInsideOut - Habs Injury Update

http://www.habsinsideout.com/main/6288

Summary:

Komisarek - Healed. Could have played tonight.

Ryder - Almost healed. Will be ready game 1 of the playoffs.

Bouillon - Still in pain but should be ready game 1 of the playoffs.

Grabovsky - Still has a flu. Kept away from the team.

Koivu - Healing, no longer on crushes, wearing a cast. Won't know until Tuesday or Wednesday if he can play game 1.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 04:15 PM
MJG

Good news. Hopefully Saku will be ready to go. As far as Grabovski goes, I say send him back to Belarus and tell him to come back for next years camp. It is no time for a flu bug to be spreading.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
Good news. Hopefully Saku will be ready to go. As far as Grabovski goes, I say send him back to Belarus and tell him to come back for next years camp. It is no time for a flu bug to be spreading.
That's pretty ridiculous. The team is being very cautious and Grabo has been kept away; there's no need to send him to Russia and end his season...he's part of this team and could see some playoff action.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 04:23 PM
MJG

Sorry. Forgot the I was only kidding

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Pascal

Send him back to Russia and have him work out there Rocky-style. He'll come back ripped for next yr.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Send him back to Russia and have him work out there Rocky-style. He'll come back ripped for next yr.
haha, I like Grabovsky, I think he'll come back strong in the playoffs when injuries take their toll and score a crucial goal in the second round playoffs that'll turn the tide in our favour, and then he will be hailed as the new age european mullet man (even if he cut his hair).

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote