HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

4-4-08 - Preds @ Hawks - The Tank Edition

Old
04-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
We won!!!

Mason got screwed by the defense playing crappy in front of him in the first, Rinne made a couple nice saves, but really wasn't tested. Lalime made some great saves himself, but overall...I think he was made to look better than he actually did.

Honestly, I was watching this game, but not really watching. I can tell you what happened, but I really can't if you know what I mean. The game was simply two teams playing out the regular season...period.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 01:51 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
This game was funny, it was like parents watching kids....Don't get hurt!!! We had 9 hits and blocked 6 shots.

Hey that was a nice goal by Peverley.

Rinne really looks big in the net. I was glad he got into one game at least.

I was a little disappointed that Dumont didn't play but 21 seconds in the third period. I wanted him to score one goal tonight to reach 30 for the season since he was at 29. But that's ok since it kept him healthy.

I was a little worried at first that the game might get away from us. I know we all wanted the Preds to lose but I wanted them to not get embarrassed. But 3-1 is OK and now we have at least 4 days to heal.

No we weren't trying to make sure we lost. We only had a PP unit of Klein, Zanon, Fiddler, Nichol, Tootoo out for the first PP.

But it will be nice to be able to just watch hockey on Saturday and not have to worry about whether Calgary will beat Vancouver to determine our standings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Does know how me and my wife can get tickets somewhere between the 18th and 27th? I get a break from school then, and I am going to be heading home to see family (and hopefully slip away and watch a Preds win.)
Just how far the Preds take the series will determine whether they are playing during the 18-27th. However...

Playoff tickets go on sale Saturday morning at 10am.

Either Sommet box office or Ticketmaster. Or you can call the office and put down $250/seat for season tix next year and guarantee playoff tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
LOL...

Pick your poison...

I really don't see us beating either, but you have to think that Nashville matches up a little better with Detroit rather then San Jose.

Its a case of be careful what you wish for, heh.
I don't consider it a "be careful what you wish for" situation. I prefer to think of it as choosing the lesser of two evils.

Last edited by sparkle twin: 04-05-2008 at 02:05 AM.
sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post

Just how far the Preds take the series will determine whether they are playing during the 18-27th. However...

Playoff tickets go on sale Saturday morning at 10am.

Either Sommet box office or Ticketmaster. Or you can call the office and put down $250/seat for season tix next year and guarantee playoff tickets.
Yeah, I had a partial plan for 2 seasons before I moved to VA to go to med school this year. Hopefully I can snag some tickets when I come down.

04-05-2008, 08:48 PM
flip51

Babcock's on to you. http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2008...it_vs_chi.html

flip51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 10:12 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip51 View Post
Babcock's on to you.

What does he expect after we get ***** slapped two years running by the team that sits in second.... that has lost once or twice in regulation in the last 20+ games?

OF COURSE WE TANKED!!!!! We can't lose this Red Wings series in less than the 4 games that the Sharks would have taken to spank us again.

.... the game off for those guys (Arnott, Ellis, etc) was also well deserved and useful though.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 10:20 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Where's the 'no **** sherlock' smiley?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Didn't really sound too upset about it. It is definitely bulletin board material for the Wings, but...it was well worth it.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Jarnberg

Heh, so the Predators finally get a chance to rest players and all of a sudden we're being labeled as tankers. I don't think the Predators were trying to loes that game on purpose. I think the Predators were looking forward to the playoffs and trying not to get players hurt, meanwhile getting some people like Klein, Koistinen, and Rinne some playing time.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 12:49 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Where's the 'no **** sherlock' smiley?

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote