HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

GAME TAKES: FOREEE! MTL: 3 Tor: 1

Old
04-05-2008, 09:35 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Huet for only a second round draft pick ! Makes me sick...
Price already dominant, an elite goalie in a couple years and the guy to bring us to the SC make this trade better...

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Talk about a difference

Last years final game vs the leafs, compared to this one..

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 09:44 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Apostle View Post
Kovy crying!!!

Doesn't get much better than that!
I think Kovalev is a simple guy in the end. All he wants is to be liked.

I think what Gainey may have told him is pretty simple. "Alex, it'd be so easy for you to be liked around here. Just do what you love."

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 09:46 PM
MastaK

Great game! Great season! I love my team !

MastaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 09:46 PM
ed ible*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I think Kovalev is a simple guy in the end. All he wants is to be liked.

I think what Gainey may have told him is pretty simple. "Alex, it'd be so easy for you to be liked around here. Just do what you love."

hahaha too ****ing funny................

ed ible* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 09:48 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Stewart, S. Kost, Halak and others in the late rounds makes me sick too thinking of what Timmins can turn a 2nd rounder into.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Erika

Chris Higgins is looking way better at Center than Left Wing... What is Carbo's gonna when Koivu comes back ?!

Sergei Kostitsyn looked dominant in this game, but didn't manage to get a point, because he could have at least 3 tonight !! " heum Latendresse heum "

Honorable mention to Gregory Stewart. I really like what I saw tonight from him and I hope that he will be able to replace Begin in a couple of years. He is like a Hybrid of Begin and Lapierre.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 09:50 PM
HabsPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Talk about a difference

Last years final game vs the leafs, compared to this one..
I'll drink to that!

HabsPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Chris Higgins is looking way better at Center than Left Wing... What is Carbo's gonna when Koivu comes back ?!

Sergei Kostitsyn looked dominant in this game, but didn't manage to get a point, because he could have at least 3 tonight !! " heum Latendresse heum "

Honorable mention to Gregory Stewart. I really like what I saw tonight from him and I hope that he will be able to replace Begin in a couple of years. He is like a Hybrid of Begin and Lapierre.
Im going to agree with this.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 09:53 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed ible View Post
hahaha too ****ing funny................
Well it is true. Kovy is a winner. Everyone was telling him he was washed up and it lit a fire under him and this team has been behind him all the way.

On another note, I hope to god no fan made any cancer remarks towards Blake

Old
04-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Caseofcups*

Quote:
Had to be done so that the Carey Price era could begin in Montreal

Caseofcups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
emb24*

i don't agree. he stunk on faceoffs and that line had the most problem in the D zone - running around a lot. his two goals were not necessarily 'centre man' goals..they were higgy going to the net and skating. saku comes back and centers him and kos jr.

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ed ible*

Kovalev dont cry for hockey.............he cry for family......done.

ed ible* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 09:55 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseofcups View Post
Had to be done so that the Carey Price era could begin in Montreal
what r u going to do? habs weren't going to resign him. price was the future. the future is now. we'll see what huet can do against the sens; a team that owned him as a hab

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 09:56 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
what r u going to do? habs weren't going to resign him. price was the future. the future is now. we'll see what huet can do against the sens; a team that owned him as a hab
My memory is escaping me, but IIRC, Huet wasnt top titty during crucial games. I'd rather have our resident stoner between the pipes. BC Bud ftw!

Old
04-05-2008, 10:04 PM
ari1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
Did anyone catch Blake going at it with some fans?
yeaa i seen that . i wonder what they were talking about lol.

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 10:16 PM
les3couleurs

My take from section 309

There was a stupid Leafs fan a couple of rows behind me who kept saying how the Habs didn't look like a Stanley Cup contender tonight and he couldn't have been more wrong.

Our fourth line cycled the puck like they were three Sedins out there. Really encouraging as we go into the playoffs. The Bs defence won't know what is going on.

Higgins was dynamite, he seems to have an extra gear when we play Toronto in the season closer. By far the first star, tonight. He was spectacular. If he can play like this in the playoffs, he can his own line and Koivu can have his when he comes back, so that we have three lines with offensive weapons.

O'Byrne's most physical game with real solid hits. He's getting better and better. I wasn't sure he'd be good enough to play in the postseason, but i have no doubts now. He did go on Bell late on the Leafs goal, but it happens.

Brisebois played solid enough again. It's always an adventure when he has to play along the boards, but the effort is there and he isn't beaten too clean. Playing with Hamrlik is probably necessary for him to not be detrimental to our defensive zone play. He is still very good at getting the puck out of the zone, even he has to take the check.

Gorges Even if Streit had two points, Josh should have had a star before him. Jumped into the play all night long, especially in the 3rd. It looked like the guys were looking for him to give his 1st as a Canadien. He could have had it with a bit of luck.

Tonight looked so easy for Price. There is no way the B's will beat him enough to get us out in the first round. It takes perfect shots or deflections to go past him at the moment.

Stewart! Talk about coming from nowhere to impress. I'd never really noticed him and I have been to a lot of preseason games. He looked like he belonged though we did face a semi-NHL team. He skated with Dandenault and Lapierre all night long and they are two of our fastest guys (we have a lot of them). Was in on a lot of chances. Stood up to peabrain McCabe. This game should give him the chance to become a black ace and you never know. The Ducks had lots of players come from their AHL team see icetime during the playoffs.

Plekanec missed a couple of open nets from the slot. The passing on the first PP unit is the best in the league. I don't think it can be argued.

Bring on Boston. Habs in 5.

les3couleurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Stephen Locke*

Excellent game all around by the players who only adds on a almost perfect night.McCabe is a weak ass loser cheap shot artist.I loved it when Stewart(got a good performance tonight) embarassed that overrated *****.McCrap is a great leader,right?

Higgins has been dominant.The 4th line cycled the puck,generated decent scoring chances and alsoembarassed the pitful Leafs defense.Price as usual was solid and the fans deserve a honourable mention to stimulate a exciting atmosphere.

Can't wait the playoffs to start!47-25-10 for 104 pts baby!

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Probably the best news after tonight's game...no injuries!

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 309
Nice way to finish the season, punch McCabe face! The Habs played 3 very good games and are going in the playoffs with a winner attitude and confidence. Everything that worked against Buffalo was still effective tonight. Price is flaming hot right now.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
I'm really impressed by O'byrne lately, he's been excellent.

I didn't know he was so good at moving the puck from his own zone and for the first pass. He's more mobile than Komisarek is as well. I'd even go and say he's more impressive than Komi was before being put with Markov, although Komisarek had a monster 04 playoffs.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Year 101

Hey i went to the cage aux sports so i missed the beginning with the standing ovations and kovy crying and everything. Can anyone youtube it or something so i get a chance to see it! thanks Also why was al gore there? pretty random unless theres something going on in montreal i don't know about.

Year 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kostitsyn Bros View Post
Hey i went to the cage aux sports so i missed the beginning with the standing ovations and kovy crying and everything. Can anyone youtube it or something so i get a chance to see it! thanks Also why was al gore there? pretty random unless theres something going on in montreal i don't know about.
***! Kovy cried!

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kostitsyn Bros View Post
Gore was in Montreal for a conference on climate change.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote