HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eastern Conference Playoff Match-Ups

Old
04-06-2008, 10:36 AM
ToysInTheAttic

vCash: 500
Eastern Conference Playoff Match-Ups

Montreal Canadiens versus Boston Bruins. Habs have home ice advantage.

New Jersey Devils versus New York Rangers. Home ice advantage to be determined by the final game between these clubs this afternoon. A Devils win, or OTL gives them home ice advantage. A Rangers win and they get home ice advantage.

The Pittsburgh Penguins will play either Ottawa or Philadelphia. If the Pens win against the Flyers this afternoon they will play them in the 1st round. With a Pens loss, or OTL today they will play Ottawa. In either case the Pens would have home ice advantage.

The Washington Capitals will play either Ottawa or Philadelphia. If the Flyers lose, or OTL their game against the Pens this afternoon it will be a Caps/Sens series. If Philadelphia wins it will be Caps/Flyers. In either case the Washington Capitals get home ice advantage.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 10:40 AM
NHLcrazy

I actually want Pitts and Ottawa to face up so one of the big 2 will go down early

I know Ottawa struggled lately but if Alfie is back for the 2nd round and Gerber plays good the Sens are still are good team...

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 10:41 AM
biggymac609

thanks for clearing all that up

biggymac609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

I really want to see a Pittsburgh vs Philadelphia series as i think that it has the potential to be the most exciting and explosive match up out there.

That said , Ottawa vs Pitt Round 2 would be nice too as the Pens would want to avenge their loss from last year.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
I actually want Pitts and Ottawa to face up so one of the big 2 will go down early

I know Ottawa struggled lately but if Alfie is back for the 2nd round and Gerber plays good the Sens are still are good team...
Those are a lot of ifs. Since December 31st, Ottawa had the 4th lowest winning percentage.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 10:45 AM
MdGazou

I'm predicting a Habs vs Huet's Caps in the 2nd round if we finish 2nd today

If it's Caps vs Sens, it will be a short series. When the Sens were on top of their game early in the season, it's the Caps that exposed their weaknesses. End up winning the season series easily 4-0

MdGazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Erik Estrada

It's a win-win for me. I prefer the very messy Pitts-Philly matchup and the Caps-Ottawa matchup. But if it's the other way around, we finish first, get home-ice advantage for the whole EC playoff, and face the worst placed team in the second-round (if we get past the Bruins).

If I'm Pittsburgh, I don't want to face Philly in an animosity-filled best of 7. But the prize to beat Philly for them tonight... they get to play Philly.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
I'd like to see the series stay the way they are right now. I've watched the Pittsburgh-Philly games this year and they are a lot of fun to watch, those two teams HATE each other. And the Ottawa-Washington would be loads of fun. I'd love to see Ovechkin make them look stupid.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
Montreal Canadiens versus Boston Bruins. Habs have home ice advantage.

New Jersey Devils versus New York Rangers. Home ice advantage to be determined by the final game between these clubs this afternoon. A Devils win, or OTL gives them home ice advantage. A Rangers win and they get home ice advantage.

The Pittsburgh Penguins will play either Ottawa or Philadelphia. If the Pens win against the Flyers this afternoon they will play them in the 1st round. With a Pens loss, or OTL today they will play Ottawa. In either case the Pens would have home ice advantage.

The Washington Capitals will play either Ottawa or Philadelphia. If the Flyers lose, or OTL their game against the Pens this afternoon it will be a Caps/Sens series. If Philadelphia wins it will be Caps/Flyers. In either case the Washington Capitals get home ice advantage.
If the Sens are healthy, I smell an upset over the Pens. I hope the Rangers clobber the Devils ... its great for hockey to have the Rangers do well.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I'd like to see the series stay the way they are right now. I've watched the Pittsburgh-Philly games this year and they are a lot of fun to watch, those two teams HATE each other. And the Ottawa-Washington would be loads of fun. I'd love to see Ovechkin make them look stupid.
Same here

That's why im going to root for the Pens this afternoon even if it means us losing the EC title (which doesn't mean **** anyway).

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote