HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Quad System

Old
04-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Headcoach

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quad System

Ok, I have been coaching hockey now for over 30+ years and today, I have one of my members of my web site ask me what a "Quad Defensive" system was and to be honest, I have never heard of such a thing.

The coach who wrote me wants to know more about the system and he tells me that it is a Canadien system which apparently is a 5 on 5 system that has something to do with protecting the "House."

Well, I have never heard of such a thing and I was kind of hoping that I could get help from you guys. I thought I know it all, but to be honest, I don't know about this.

If you could help me, I would be willing to learn

Thanks for your help in advance
Head Coach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 04:11 PM
deanosaur

i would assume thats just another term for the collapsing system where you dont have the forwards up high by the D.
ive never heard of that to be honest haha

also just the sounds of it playing the trap in your own zone? doesnt make anysene i know.

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 05:16 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
i would assume thats just another term for the collapsing system where you dont have the forwards up high by the D.
ive never heard of that to be honest haha

also just the sounds of it playing the trap in your own zone? doesnt make anysene i know.
Yeah, I've never heard of a "quad" system, but from the name and description, I'd imagine that it has something to do with collapsing four guys down low to the net, with one guy staying higher in the zone?

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote