HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Predators 2008 draft thread

Old
04-06-2008, 04:29 PM
vipera1960

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
I'm so confused.

All I know is we need a winger that can keep up with Arnott and Dumont.
Arnott and Dumont aren't exactly fast....

vipera1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
I'm so confused.

All I know is we need a winger that can keep up with Arnott and Dumont.
wrong ... Hornqvist was on one of Legwand's wing during last year's training camp ... we need to ... our first line SHOULD be this next year
Dumont - Arnott - Radulov
Hornqvist - Legwand - Erat
THIS IS WHERE WE NEED TO REVAMP
Fiddler, Smithson, Tootoo, Hordichuk, etc, etc, etc

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 11:38 PM
timw33

Hey Guys, Canuck fan here.

Just wondering who you think you will target with the 9th pick (seeing as how it is the pick before us).

Love to hear some input.

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 11:43 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Hey Guys, Canuck fan here.

Just wondering who you think you will target with the 9th pick (seeing as how it is the pick before us).

Love to hear some input.
Filatov, Beach, Boddeker, Wilson in that order. It will be a forward as long as one of those four are available.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 11:47 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Filatov, Beach, Boddeker, Wilson in that order. It will be a forward as long as one of those four are available.
That works out perfectly then.

Wilson would be an ideal pick for our team.

Might want to do some research on Beach though, that kid is one big red flag.

Old
04-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Might want to do some research on Beach though, that kid is one big red flag.
I know, trust me, I know. I think that it is long odds that he ever gets picked by Nashville because that simply isn't our type of player (attitude wise). We prefer to take "safer" picks with strong character and leadership skill. Beach really does not fit that and honestly I think Boddeker will be our pick as long as he is still available and assuming that Filatov has already been selected.

I really think Wilson will be a great player in this league, but with Arnott signed for a couple more years and Legwand signed for the next six...we are going to select a winger over a center as long as everything else is equal.

Old
04-07-2008, 12:07 AM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I know, trust me, I know. I think that it is long odds that he ever gets picked by Nashville because that simply isn't our type of player (attitude wise). We prefer to take "safer" picks with strong character and leadership skill. Beach really does not fit that and honestly I think Boddeker will be our pick as long as he is still available and assuming that Filatov has already been selected.

I really think Wilson will be a great player in this league, but with Arnott signed for a couple more years and Legwand signed for the next six...we are going to select a winger over a center as long as everything else is equal.

Yeah, you guys probably don't need a centre, but we sure as f *** need one in our system.

Boedker would look nice with Radulov too.

We just need Wilson to be available at 10

Old
04-07-2008, 02:06 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipera1960 View Post
Arnott and Dumont aren't exactly fast....
lol, i wasn't talking about speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
wrong ... Hornqvist was on one of Legwand's wing during last year's training camp ... we need to ... our first line SHOULD be this next year
Dumont - Arnott - Radulov
Hornqvist - Legwand - Erat
THIS IS WHERE WE NEED TO REVAMP
Fiddler, Smithson, Tootoo, Hordichuk, etc, etc, etc
yea, i'm wrong, since Rads is playing with them now and all

you can't just expect a rookie to come in and play in the top 6 consistently, ESPECIALLY since Trotz is our coach

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 08:50 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

My question is this, of the forwards in the draft who's the most ready to step in the NHL? After Stamkos, who will have to have another year of conditioning or who's ready to go to Milwaukee/Nashville?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
My question is this, of the forwards in the draft who's the most ready to step in the NHL? After Stamkos, who will have to have another year of conditioning or who's ready to go to Milwaukee/Nashville?
My guess is Wilson. He is coming off a season in NCAA where he put up fantastic numbers.

04-07-2008, 11:56 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
this is the most Ive been excited over the draft in quite a while!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Seth Lake

Funny part is I look forward to watching the draft lottery tonight to see where my team will be selecting and I'm also looking forward to them playing in the playoffs starting Thursday! That isn't supposed to happen like that...

Old
04-07-2008, 01:18 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

(From Memory so don't get on me)

3% chance of the pick being 5
5% chance of the pick being 10
92% chance of the pcik staying put.

I bet 5 bucks this stays at 9

Old
04-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I love participating in the lottery, its like free gambling!

History of winning the lottery:
9th and above: never
8th, 7th: 1 time each
6th: never
5th: 2 times
4th: 1 time
3rd: 3 times
2nd: never
1st: 3 times

we sit at 9th...

let's make history tonight

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
According to most "experts" probably none. Even Stamkos is questionable as NHL ready. He going to be a star but struggle as a rookie.

Testify can you give any insight on Mikhail Stefanovich? He looks like a guy we should target to me.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

So it's official The Preds will draft 9th, 15th or lower (hopefully 30th), 31st and 46th (I think) 4 picks in the top 50 just like 2003 Maybe we'll make out as well this year as that one (Weber, Suter, Klein) except with forwards.

Old
04-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Testify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
According to most "experts" probably none. Even Stamkos is questionable as NHL ready. He going to be a star but struggle as a rookie.

Testify can you give any insight on Mikhail Stefanovich? He looks like a guy we should target to me.
I really dunno what to say about Stefanovich... the guy has the size, and the shot to make it to the NHL. That's for sure.

But I think he felt a bit in the CSSRanking and with good reasons, the guy has no work ethic. He never rushes to be 1st on the puck and is lazy.

On night where his offensive skills are on the guy is amazing, but I think there are major flaws in his game...

Put it in a Barry Trotz system and I really don't know what could come out of it! I honestly feel that Stefanovich has a high % of burst written all over him.

I seriously think that if he had half the will of a Radulov, the guy could be AMAZING! in the NHL.. sadly this season this havent showed up. We had an emotional series in the 1st round of the playoffs and I don't think he played with his heart AT ALL. I dunno if he is still not used to NA or everything around him, but he has alot of work to do in the sense that this isn't european hockey.

Testify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testify View Post
I really dunno what to say about Stefanovich... the guy has the size, and the shot to make it to the NHL. That's for sure.

But I think he felt a bit in the CSSRanking and with good reasons, the guy has no work ethic. He never rushes to be 1st on the puck and is lazy.

On night where his offensive skills are on the guy is amazing, but I think there are major flaws in his game...

Put it in a Barry Trotz system and I really don't know what could come out of it! I honestly feel that Stefanovich has a high % of burst written all over him.

I seriously think that if he had half the will of a Radulov, the guy could be AMAZING! in the NHL.. sadly this season this havent showed up. We had an emotional series in the 1st round of the playoffs and I don't think he played with his heart AT ALL. I dunno if he is still not used to NA or everything around him, but he has alot of work to do in the sense that this isn't european hockey.
So he is more like Shishkanov great talent poor work ethic. I don't know if Poile would take a chance on a player like that again. Thanks for your input.

Old
04-07-2008, 11:22 PM
dspot

"...and with the 9th pick in the 2008 draft, the Nashville Predators select from the Kelowna Rockets, defenseman Tyler Myers."

dspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspot View Post
"...and with the 9th pick in the 2008 draft, the Nashville Predators select from the Kelowna Rockets, defenseman Tyler Myers."
try this ... "...and with the 9th pick in the 2008 draft, the Nashville Predators select from the Kitchener Rangers, Right Wing Mikkel Boedker"

Old
04-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Would Poile consider swapping 9 and 15 to Los Angeles for Mike Cammalleri, 23 and 32?

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 01:43 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Would Poile consider swapping 9 and 15 to Los Angeles for Mike Cammalleri, 23 and 32?
What's the obsession with unloading Squidward on the Predators?

Old
04-08-2008, 07:36 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Um.....no. Thanks for playing try again. As of right now the Preds have to be considering unloading lower level guys just to clear roster space and salaries. Guys like Ortmeyer, and Smithson.

Old
04-08-2008, 07:38 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
What's the obsession with unloading Squidward on the Predators?
Well, back when the Preds had the mustards they did kinda look like Spongebob.

Old
04-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testify View Post

Glad someone feels the same way. I only watched him in the prospects game (both the skills comp and the game) and he dogged it every opportunity. I don't know if he thought it was some kind of all-star game, but he looked real bad. On the other hand, Luke Schenn was amazing and despite you guys having a world class group of young D-men, if you guys could somehow trade up to grab him (I'm guessing up to 6 or 7), your D would be the envy of the league for the next 10 years with Weber, Suter, Hamhuis, Schenn, Franson, Klein. As well as Zidlicky and Zanon for the present time.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote