HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Reason to be Optimistic and Excited (RE:Carbo and the Coaching Staff)

Old
04-06-2008, 10:35 PM
MM425

vCash: 500
Reason to be Optimistic and Excited (RE:Carbo and the Coaching Staff)

I'm sure I speak for a lot of you guys in that I'm pretty freaking pumped about the playoffs and this team's chances heading into it. One of the main reasons for my optimisim: the outstanding coaching staff.

Not even touching down on what great coaches they've turned out to be this year (Carbo and company will almost certainly be enjoying the Jack Adams trophy in the off-season), I'm talking about the wealth of playoff experience that Carbo, Muller, and Jarvis have to offer the players.

Carbo, Muller, and Jarvis were the definition of playoff warriors in their playing days. They bring experience and more importantly, WINNING playoff experience to the table from their playing days. Even if 1/2 their experience rubs off on the Habs it would be more than enough to inspire them for a lenghty playoff run.

This team is something to get excited about

GO HABS GO!

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 10:41 PM
One Trick Pony

My main reason is Price. But yeah the coaching staff deserves alot of credit and you just know we'll go far with them. It's bad for me because I hated Carbo and didn't believe in Price in the beginning of the season.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 10:48 PM
peewee

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
My main reason is Price. But yeah the coaching staff deserves alot of credit and you just know we'll go far with them. It's bad for me because I hated Carbo and didn't believe in Price in the beginning of the season.
shame on you !!

peewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 06:53 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Ronny is that you?

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 10:48 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I think the organization should bring Dryden in to talk to Price. He's going to be in a situation where Dryden could identify with him and they could discuss a lot of psychological issues and pressure that will come with the coming games. Dryden is extremely intelligent as well.

Carbo, Jarvis, Gainey and Muller have all won cups. They'll know how to get the young guys going and get them into the mindframe where they'll be less than likely to make mistakes.

I however expect the veterans like Kovalev to see a lot of ice time in the first few games.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 10:53 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I think the organization should bring Dryden in to talk to Price. He's going to be in a situation where Dryden could identify with him and they could discuss a lot of psychological issues and pressure that will come with the coming games. Dryden is extremely intelligent as well.

Carbo, Jarvis, Gainey and Muller have all won cups. They'll know how to get the young guys going and get them into the mindframe where they'll be less than likely to make mistakes.

I however expect the veterans like Kovalev to see a lot of ice time in the first few games.
Price will need to learn for himself alone in the desert, theres no amount of talking that will make any difference at this point, let him be in his bubble. But yes, hes by far the most important player starting Thursday, if he can win us 2 games per series(by himself/making the difference) we will go very very far.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 10:55 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Price will need to learn for himself alone in the desert, theres no amount of talking that will make any difference at this point, let him be in his bubble. But yes, hes by far the most important player starting Thursday, if he can win us 2 games per series(by himself/making the difference) we will go very very far.
Boston is the ideal play-off series for him to learn in. They don't really have a big scorer. So Price can become comfortable with the atmosphere and all that comes with play-off hockey without looking down the ice seeing a Crosby or Ovechkin.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 11:48 AM
MM425

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Boston is the ideal play-off series for him to learn in. They don't really have a big scorer. So Price can become comfortable with the atmosphere and all that comes with play-off hockey without looking down the ice seeing a Crosby or Ovechkin.
Thats a very good point as well.

I also think a certain comfort level will be there just for the fact that they've played the Bruins 8 times already this season (going 8-0 against them helps too). Carbo and the staff will make sure they're not over-confident, but I think the comfort level they have with Boston can only help them in this series, especially for the younger guys and for Price.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 11:54 AM
boundless

From here on in, "Jesus Price" it is. forget all you who were screaming blasphemy at that moniker a few months ago.

Whoever said it above is right... we all know Price is in the zone, let him be in his little bubble and do his thing. He's won at the World's and the AHL doing it... I believe he can do it in the NHL too.

Jesus Price for the Conn Smythe!

boundless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:20 PM
neofury*

Quote:
I admit, neither did I. I thought Carb was a bonehead for many of the decisions he made last season and some of which he made early on this season. I must say though, I can't say I've complained about anything Carb has done since October and Price, well Price I must say everyone who supported that kid couldn't have been more right, he's looking to be another superstar on the habs roster. I couldn't be more excited that we finish 1st and not only that, Price is doing incredibly.

Lets hope he can take us all the way!

GO PRICE GO!

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundless View Post
From here on in, "Jesus Price" it is. forget all you who were screaming blasphemy at that moniker a few months ago.

Whoever said it above is right... we all know Price is in the zone, let him be in his little bubble and do his thing. He's won at the World's and the AHL doing it... I believe he can do it in the NHL too.

Jesus Price for the Conn Smythe!
Stop that dude, you'll get lambasted by Guillemin and his ilk.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote