HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

P. Bergeron Cleared!!

Old
04-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Le depisteur

vCash: 500
Euh, it's because the biggest blow out against Boston this year was with Bergeron...
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...8/GS020118.HTM
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...8/ES020118.HTM

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Trexim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
Euh, it's because the biggest blow out against Boston this year was with Bergeron...
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...8/GS020118.HTM

Come on .... why bring up facts??? Myths and moral victories are so much better

Trexim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
I'm glad Bergeron's been cleared (for him anyway) but I have to say this smacks of a Philadelphia kind of move, rushing a guy back to the ice too fast and with too much risk to his long term health. The guy hasn't played pretty much all year and now he's going to play playoff hockey 1 wk after starting to practice? What if he takes a head shot?

Seriously I think players in this situation should rest and come back next season, for his own good. I know he's a fantastic player and could give the Bruins a huge boost, but this smacks of desperation.
I disagree. The timing is what it is. He has taken steps to make his way back all along the way. He has been medically cleared to do contact drills. The next step is to see how he feels after that.

The Bruins arent going to rush a guy into a series we are serious underdogs in. We have 3 more years at big time $$ committed. Bergeron will only play if he is truly ready.

To all the other replies--he may not be a saviour, but the big difference in this season series has been special teams. Patrice Bergeron is a very good special teams player on both sides and even used in a limited role such as that to start out he will provide a big boost to our chances. Either way you slice it he is a big upgrade over a guy like Jeremy Reich.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
So sad. Such a vibrant youth hustling back to the game in a hopeless situation risking permanent injuries

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:33 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

One blow to his head and his career could be over...

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
number 11

he's cleared for practice, but is he cleared to play a playoff game, where he's gonna be rattled every time he's near the puck?

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
I disagree. The timing is what it is. He has taken steps to make his way back all along the way. He has been medically cleared to do contact drills. The next step is to see how he feels after that.

The Bruins arent going to rush a guy into a series we are serious underdogs in. We have 3 more years at big time $$ committed. Bergeron will only play if he is truly ready.

To all the other replies--he may not be a saviour, but the big difference in this season series has been special teams. Patrice Bergeron is a very good special teams player on both sides and even used in a limited role such as that to start out he will provide a big boost to our chances. Either way you slice it he is a big upgrade over a guy like Jeremy Reich.
That's fine, everyone's saying the right things, but he was in a bad way not so long ago. I'm better at taking head shots than diagnosing their effect, but it makes me a bit uneasy, him playing right now. There's no reason to doubt the integrity of the B's med staff, it just makes me nervous when a guy who appeared that fragile comes back sooner than expected.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:35 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
We don't have Byron Dafoe in net.
You mean Rob Tallas, err.. John Blue.. umm.. John Grahame...

Oh no, I think its Kay Whitmore.

Andrew Raycroft?

Hannu Toivonen? Peter Skudra? Jeff Hackett..

Steve Shields? Or maybe you're thinking of Jon Casey? Jim Carey Maybe..

What a goalie cemetery...

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:35 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
he's cleared for practice, but is he cleared to play a playoff game, where he's gonna be rattled every time he's near the puck?
Usually when someone is cleared for practice he should be ready after 1 week so as we speak he would miss 3 games maybe 4.

Old
04-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
One blow to his head and his career could be over...
Exactly and it's not like he's coming back for some preseason game. This series is going to be high intensity and he hasn't played in 6 months. Like I said before...I hope he does come back because he will pretty rusty and that's an advantage for us.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:38 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Exactly and it's not like he's coming back for some preseason game. This series is going to be high intensity and he hasn't played in 6 months. Like I said before...I hope he does come back because he will pretty rusty and that's an advantage for us.
Also have to remember that Koivu already had beaten cancer when he came back so there wasn't danger in making it worse...Bergeron has big danger and coming back to a series like this where it'll be hard fought could be very tough for him and he might not be the same player and probably won't go battle in the boards as much.

Old
04-07-2008, 12:41 PM
MM425

Good news for Boston... but he's been out of action since October and serious head injuries are tough things to get over.

I also don't think for one second that if he plays this series, the Habs will take it easy on him. Just like I don't think Boston will think twice at taking a swipe at Koivu's foot.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:42 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Komisarek will eat Bergeron.
Enough about Komi's personal life, how do you think he's going to play?

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:42 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackattack View Post
Good news for Boston... but he's been out of action since October and serious head injuries are tough things to get over.

I also don't think for one second that if he plays this series, the Habs will take it easy on him. Just like I don't think Boston will think twice at taking a swipe at Koivu's foot.
**** that, he wants to come back? No problemo, let's check him, put him uneasy and hopefully take him out again.

Old
04-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Dark4ng3l

This is bad because he wont be able to compete and if Bouillon or Komisarek gets a big hit on him he could end up injured again and that will cause the Bruins to goon it up even more than usual.

Dark4ng3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Great recovery from Bergeron... I doubt he'll play until it's absoutely necessary. Just having him around the team will help the B's cause. I think it's probably just that though... an effort to give the B's an emotional lift.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:44 PM
smack66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
You know, after setting up that "No trolling the Bruins board" and that both sides realize that we need to just keep our arguments to ourselves, I think I should right now say something that will cause Bruins fans to be in an uproar.

Lets hope Steve Begin says hi to Bergeron like he said hi to Savard

Oh, I'm a hypocritical ****
WOW!! that might be the most disturbing comment i've heard in a while. I'm a Bruins fan but can say I would never wish injury like that on a player let alone one who is proud to be a French Canadian from Quebec. Disturbing. I do not mean to troll nor do I want to elaborate further but let's just sit back watch some great hockey and hope that no further injury is inflicted upon either team as they move forward

smack66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Pascal

I find it to be a very stupid decision by the Bruins if he comes back. Beyond the hockey factor you have to step in and take action when someone risks SERIOUS injuries after coming back from a career-threatening situation like that.

Series aside I would really hate to see a good kid end his career too early because Komi stapled him against the boards.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:58 PM
BigM1ke

Bergeron and the Bruins injured players

RDS.ca is saying that Bergeron has the green light to comeback in the playoffs against the Habs but they don't know when it will happen since he hasn't played in awhile...

Is Kobasew still injured or already back? And who are the other injured players?

BigM1ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:58 PM
anarmandaleb

Savard. Thanks to Begin.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Tuggy

I'm pretty sure Kobasew is out for at least the first round and most of the talk is pointing to Savard playing in Game 1.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

For his health, Bergeron should wait till next year. Are the Bruins that dumb? Didn't they see what happened to Gagné???

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

On the other hand, if Bergeron plays, it would be much better for us. First, he's rusty, then he'll be somewhat hesitant, and then Habs will be more careful and attentive since he's here. The kid is still a good player though and it might be exactly what we need to not take them lightly. We'll be prepared for him and the rest of their guys.

And unfortunately, I hope we'll hit him cleanly but like another player. That team is dumb enough to risk a career, we'll don't hold back.

Again, if it happens what a stupid move by a team in panic mode already....Let's risk a career 'cause we cannot lose a series against our rivals. What would be best, losing against the Habs like they're suppose to do and still maybe in the process losing Bergeron as well. Or rest him more than he has, build a better team next year and have a chance for the division with a healthy Bergeron....Sometimes....

Anyway, whoever, whatever they want to throw at us, won't make a difference....or maybe, I thought Habs in 5, I'll give you Habs in 6.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Dicky113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
For his health, Bergeron should wait till next year. Are the Bruins that dumb? Didn't they see what happened to Gagné???
um, Gagne came back after 3 games, Bergeron has missed 65, they have been very patient with him and would not play him unless he was 100%.

Dicky113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Mats NAslund

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
So that makes two players on the Bruins we have to shut down? Scary...
Don't under estimate the Bruins.

Chara
Lucic
Bergeron
Kessell
Sturm
Thomas even though Montreal has his number is a good goalie
Murray

They have a good team....I hope the Habs don't under estimate their opponent like some fans here are!

GO HABS GO

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote