HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P. Bergeron Cleared!!

Old
04-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Talent Analyst

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
For his health, Bergeron should wait till next year. Are the Bruins that dumb? Didn't they see what happened to Gagné???
I totally agree. The players like Begin, Komisarek, O'Byrne would hit him so hard. Its a plan that his career finish that young and became another Lindros.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:28 PM
baboinfou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
On the other hand, if Bergeron plays, it would be much better for us. First, he's rusty, then he'll be somewhat hesitant, and then Habs will be more careful and attentive since he's here. The kid is still a good player though and it might be exactly what we need to not take them lightly. We'll be prepared for him and the rest of their guys.

And unfortunately, I hope we'll hit him cleanly but like another player. That team is dumb enough to risk a career, we'll don't hold back.

Again, if it happens what a stupid move by a team in panic mode already....Let's risk a career 'cause we cannot lose a series against our rivals. What would be best, losing against the Habs like they're suppose to do and still maybe in the process losing Bergeron as well. Or rest him more than he has, build a better team next year and have a chance for the division with a healthy Bergeron....Sometimes....

Anyway, whoever, whatever they want to throw at us, won't make a difference....or maybe, I thought Habs in 5, I'll give you Habs in 6.....
Exactly!

baboinfou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:36 PM
ari1160

not scared of Bergeron at allllll... just bring it.

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheCH*

Good for Boston, they are still going down!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Personally I'm glad he's back playing hockey. He took a hit that shouldn't be allowed and it's a terrible thing to see these kind of head injuries.

I know it's the playoffs, folks, but it *is* just a game, and we're talking about a potentially life-threatening injury. I for one am happy that he's regained his health and can continue his career.

It's a risk going into the playoffs, that's for sure, but the kid is a warrior and like any player he wants to play. I doubt the Habs will take it easy on him (far from it), but again, it's a person's own choice, once the team gives you the green light.

Good for him, and hopefully we beat the snot out of his team quickly so he doesn't risk his neck for the sake of winning this year. Will it improve the Bruins? Absolutely. Does it change the dynamic of the series? Unlikely.

To the people calling the B's team stupid or blaming them for putting Bergeron in:

Grow up, they're a hockey franchise, they are expected to win just as we are. They will ice their best players in the playoffs so long as they are willing to give 100% for the win. We wouldn't expect any less of a commitment from Le Tricolore.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Is he really a UFA? He'd be a perfect fit here...
No. He signed for 5 years last year. (I assume you're referring to Bergeron. BTW Bergeron was a Nordiques fan growing up and he hates the habs so hardly a perfect fit.)

He's been skating (non-contact) for a couple of months now.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack66 View Post
WOW!! that might be the most disturbing comment i've heard in a while. I'm a Bruins fan but can say I would never wish injury like that on a player let alone one who is proud to be a French Canadian from Quebec. Disturbing. I do not mean to troll nor do I want to elaborate further but let's just sit back watch some great hockey and hope that no further injury is inflicted upon either team as they move forward
Don't worry hunny, I was joking. It was merely bait

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
I don't think this is a good idea for him, he won't be at the top of his game and if he keeps his head down, O'byrne or Komisarek could very well end his career. Or at least, I hope they don't show any sympathy, the Bruins didn't against Koivu and rightfully so.

That said, bring it on!

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:49 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
The only way Boston can win is if Thomas is hot because when he gets cold he is cold for a while.
I wouldn't say that. B's very rarely lost more than 2 games in a row during this season. Thomas usually has very good game avter average/bad one.

BruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:51 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post

To the people calling the B's team stupid or blaming them for putting Bergeron in:

Grow up, they're a hockey franchise, they are expected to win just as we are. They will ice their best players in the playoffs so long as they are willing to give 100% for the win. We wouldn't expect any less of a commitment from Le Tricolore.
A hockey club also has to take into consideration the health of its players. If Bergeron plays well then of course he is an asset. But what happens if he gets hit and gets another concussion? His career might be over. This isn't a regular season game and I expect the habs to play even harder than during the regular season. Bergeron is coming back when competition is at its fiercest.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Dripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
I wouldn't say that. B's very rarely lost more than 2 games in a row during this season. Thomas usually has very good game avter average/bad one.
Well he has not played the Habs on back-to-back games so that might change

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:54 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I find it to be a very stupid decision by the Bruins if he comes back. Beyond the hockey factor you have to step in and take action when someone risks SERIOUS injuries after coming back from a career-threatening situation like that.
Somehow I firmly believe hockey professionals have more knowledge and experience than you. It's not us B's fans who make a decision.

Old
04-07-2008, 01:55 PM
marchabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
No. He signed for 5 years last year. (I assume you're referring to Bergeron. BTW Bergeron was a Nordiques fan growing up and he hates the habs so hardly a perfect fit.)

He's been skating (non-contact) for a couple of months now.
thats just plain dumb. a concussion is not an injury to the god damn legs: we know that he can skate!!! I had a concussion and still feel the effects 4 years later (yes, to a lesser extent, but stilll...)
I could have skated "non-contact" two days after the event...the fact that he's been skating "non-contact" "for months" means 0 as far as his health is concerned...the real test would be a good bodycheck by his teammates, see how the head reacts...

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:56 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
Well he has not played the Habs on back-to-back games so that might change
Yes anything can happen in the playoffs with both sides. Maybe he'll become Berlin Wall.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Somehow I firmly believe hockey professionals have more knowledge and experience than you. It's not us B's fans who make a decision.
Thought that the Philly medical staff was professionnal as well....maybe not....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Just like when Lindros was brought back by the "professional" Flyers staff? We'll see if you have the same opinion if Bergeron gets knocked out again.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:58 PM
BruinsGirl

B's are not in a position to win a Cup, so no need to rush Bergy. If they'll clear him it'll indicate that he is ready.

Old
04-07-2008, 02:01 PM
icerocket

Quote:
B's are not in a position to win a Cup, so no need to rush Bergy. If they'll clear him it'll indicate that he is ready.
Ya keep telling yourself that the Bruins wouldn't rush one of their best players recovery this season. Especially against a team they haven't beaten this season and are playing against during the playoffs.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 02:01 PM
marchabsfan

Quote:
you obviously never had a concussion. a concussion of his grade CANNOT be totally healed with some months. it is actually 10-18 months at the least

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Grognard

Bergeron will definitely be a huge boost for the team...and for those who thinks he will not, if he only plays for our PP, our numbers should increase drastically from regular season...
He will play only if he is cleared by the medical staff, and he will allways be at risk for another concussion, next october he will be at risk too, so let's play him if he's ready....and if begin or komi have the great idea of putting the guy down, watch kovi out for the series and no cup hopes for the habs....Hope the habs wont be playing that stupid game....

Grognard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
You should recheck your beliefs, this wouldn't be the first time an athlete came too soon only to suffer the consequences and its not always the staffs fault.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 02:05 PM
davenash

I hope that Bergeron is alright, we've seen players rushed in too soon.

But, good news for him, the series will be short.

davenash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Terrier66

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Does no one recall when Carolina brought back Erik Cole and he did pretty much nothing?

Bergeron has apparently lost like 25 pounds of muscle and looks frail from reports I've read. I'm not too worried.
I hears the Canadiens are bringing Pierre Bouchard back so Lucic can say hello to him like Jonathan did in '78

Terrier66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 02:06 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kautsitsin View Post
You should recheck your beliefs, this wouldn't be the first time an athlete came too soon only to suffer the consequences and its not always the staffs fault.
I was just about to post that exact thought. While I trust the doctors, I hope that Bergeron is truly ready to play before he comes back. It's not worth it if he isn't.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 02:07 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

First head shot he gets his brain will explode... Not so sure it's a good thing for a player who wasn't able to walk back in december to come back that early...

Anyway. I really want thursday to come fast, so Bruins players and Bruins fans can see who's the soft team.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote