Higgins? I don't expect that many points from Higgins in the playoffs. I don't know why everyone always predicts huge point totals from Higgs, he's basically never been a big point total guy in his entire career.
1. Kovalev: Too obvious.
2. Plekanec: See Kovalev. After this it gets really tight.
3. A. Kostitsyn: By regular season points, you go Streit here. I think the PP will be less of a factor in the playoffs when the refs sit on their whistles, so I go with the third guy on the big line.
4. Koivu: This is harder, since Koivu is hurt at the moment. If he can go, he'll put up points. The guy has always stepped up in the playoffs. If you're afraid of the injury, he goes lower.
5. Markov: He gets lots of points, and even with less emphasis on the PP, there will be plenty of PP points going around
6. Streit: #3 on the team in points this year. He'll get a few. He's been a big-game player internationally too, so I expect him to hold up pretty good in the playoffs.
7. Higgins: He'll play a lot, and despite what I said earlier he'll put up some points for sure. But he's not really one of our top offensive weapons.
8. S. Kostitsyn: He'd be higher if he wasn't a rookie. I always have a hard time picking rooks in playoff pools, it doesn't usually go well for them when the game takes it up a notch. SK is a good bet as far as rooks go though.
9. Smoke has been great lately, I could see him stepping up. Carbo will likely use him a lot for faceoffs and such, I could see him having an impact.
10. Ryder: He closed the year stronger than he started.
Basically, if you need to pick 3-5 guys you have to take Kovalev and Plekanec. After that, it gets tough picking from the likes of Koivu, Higgins, Streit, Markov and the Kostitsyns. Personal preference will win out for anyone who is picking.