HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators 2008 draft thread

Old
04-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Testify

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
try this ... "...and with the 9th pick in the 2008 draft, the Nashville Predators select from the Kitchener Rangers, Right Wing Mikkel Boedker"

God I would LOVE to hear that!

And to get back on Stefanovich, I know that during All-Star Break, Radulov and Roy had a talk with him to try to change some stuff with his attitude.. and honestly for about 1 month after that break/talk, he was more implicated in the play, actually try to back from the O to the D zone.

But old habits came back flying around in march and same during the playoffs.

If you only look on the stats sheet Stefanovich looks like playing great offense, because he will always get a point or 2 goals, but overall, it wasnt such a great game.

Testify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 10:44 AM
DManPreds11

I think if Mikkel Boedker is there we should take him. I doubt that Wilson will be there but if he is and Boedker is off the board then we need to take Wilson, I doubt that both will still be there(9th). I think if Joshua Bailey is there we should grab him at 15, we've posted a lot about our 9th pick. I'd like to see what you guys think about who might be there at 15th and who do you guys think we should grab at that spot?

DManPreds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DManPreds11 View Post
I think if Mikkel Boedker is there we should take him. I doubt that Wilson will be there but if he is and Boedker is off the board then we need to take Wilson, I doubt that both will still be there(9th). I think if Joshua Bailey is there we should grab him at 15, we've posted a lot about our 9th pick. I'd like to see what you guys think about who might be there at 15th and who do you guys think we should grab at that spot?
Mr. Big @$$ mofo Colborne

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Do we have Tampa's 2nd round pick this year or Florida's 2nd round pick?

04-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Do we have Tampa's 2nd round pick this year or Florida's 2nd round pick?
Tampa's - 31st overall

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Tampa's - 31st overall

That JUST made my day. Essentially we have 3 first round picks. I love it. Trading Vokoun may have destabilized this team, but I do think we received a very good return for him.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:

That JUST made my day. Essentially we have 3 first round picks. I love it. Trading Vokoun may have destabilized this team, but I do think we received a very good return for him.
The Predators will draft 9th, 15th (barring long playoff run), 31st, 45th, 74th, 104th, 134th, 164th.

Last edited by Gnashville: 04-10-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Stars-Preds

Quote:

That is awesome; I didn't realize we had TB's second rounder. I agree that trading Vokoun sucked, but we did get a good return if we can make something out of these picks.

Now Go Stars and Go Preds tomorrow night!!!

Stars-Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 08:59 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars-Preds View Post
That is awesome; I didn't realize we had TB's second rounder. I agree that trading Vokoun sucked, but we did get a good return if we can make something out of these picks.

Now Go Stars and Go Preds tomorrow night!!!
So far for Vokoun:

2nd rounder: Nick Spaulding
1st rounder 9th pick
2nd rounder 31st pick.

When the Preds made the trade, I complained that Poile needed one more 2nd or convert a 2nd into a 1st but this is not too bad of a return so far.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

New Draft site by the NHL
http://www.nhlentrydraft2008.com/Default.aspx

Old
05-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

watching the Gatineau - Kitchener game on the NHL Network right now ... Boedker's release is just unfreakingreal

Old
05-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Testify

ooo me dreaming of a Radulov-Boedker duo!!!!

Testify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Upchuck19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspot View Post
"...and with the 9th pick in the 2008 draft, the Nashville Predators select from the Kelowna Rockets, defenseman Tyler Myers."
I Know you guys are loaded on defense, but if Schenn or Myers are still available at 9 you would have to take one of these guys. Schenn is a clone of Webber and Myers is Pronger type d-man.

Depending on the team that drafts Schenn, many think he is NHL ready now after playing 3 seaons of junior already.

Myers is still 2 years away, kid is still growning past 6'7". It's amazing how good of a skater this kid is after all that growth.

You all know about Beach, who ever drafts him will either get a steal or a totaly bust. He will be a Cam Neally or piece of garbage.

Upchuck19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upchuck19 View Post
I Know you guys are loaded on defense, but if Schenn or Myers are still available at 9 you would have to take one of these guys. Schenn is a clone of Webber and Myers is Pronger type d-man.

Depending on the team that drafts Schenn, many think he is NHL ready now after playing 3 seaons of junior already.

Myers is still 2 years away, kid is still growning past 6'7". It's amazing how good of a skater this kid is after all that growth.

You all know about Beach, who ever drafts him will either get a steal or a totaly bust. He will be a Cam Neally or piece of garbage.
If they are that good why would they be available at 9th????? Predators Do not need more Defensmen Poile even said that 9 may be too many. That being said I can see Poile AKA Mr. BDA (Best Defensman Available) Drafting 4 Dmen in the top 50.

Old
05-20-2008, 12:49 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Do we have the #14 or 15 pick?

The Hockey News draft preview has us at 14, carolina at 15. Misprint or did I miss something?

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post

The Hockey News draft preview has us at 14, carolina at 15. Misprint or did I miss something?
Preds have the 9th, 15th, and 31st pick

Old
05-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post

yea its 15th

I could see how the mistake could be made since carolina finished with more points than us in the regular season. But since we made the playoffs, we are seeded after all non-playoff teams.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 11:33 PM
NYR425

Would you guys trade your #1-9 to NYR for F- Alex Bourret, F- Ryan Hillier, and F- Anisem Anisimov. All young forwards who all have top 2 line potential. What are your thoughts. Anisimov would have been a 1st rounder 2 years ago if not for a transfer agreement. Is signed and played in Hartford last season. Hillier has a great season in Jun iors and was an early 3rd 2 seasons ago. Bourret was a 1st rounder 3 seasons ago. Your thoughts please.

NYR425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 07:57 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR425 View Post
Would you guys trade your #1-9 to NYR for F- Alex Bourret, F- Ryan Hillier, and F- Anisem Anisimov. All young forwards who all have top 2 line potential. What are your thoughts. Anisimov would have been a 1st rounder 2 years ago if not for a transfer agreement. Is signed and played in Hartford last season. Hillier has a great season in Jun iors and was an early 3rd 2 seasons ago. Bourret was a 1st rounder 3 seasons ago. Your thoughts please.
i don't think so. we're in desperate need of a high-end forward..and while these guys are nice prospects, I don't think any of them are as sure-bets as a Colin Wilson, Mikkel Boedker, or Cody Hodgson.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 05:39 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

I'm not sure Boedker will be available at 9. A team needing a forward may take him earlier than expected.

Any chance Poile might get aggressive and trade up for Boedker?

Here's what I'm thinking:

9th (or above)- Boedker, Wilson, Schenn, Hodgson
15th (if we don't trade up)- Del Zotto, Tedenby, Myers, Colborne (I've seen mock drafts with Colborne going late-1st to mid-2nd round, so this could be considered a legitimate reach)
31st- Jared Staal (I would do it, but Poile isn't big on risk so he may pass), otherwise grab Justin Jokinen here
45th- Danic Paquette (Two words: Brandon Dubinsky.)
74th- Toni Ritter (Probably a good projection for him- he's a pretty solid powerforward with a lot of size and potential and really fits this team's needs. Especially viable if we get less-than-physical guys like Boedker and Tedenby with our first two picks.)
104th- Mark Borowiecki (I'm not really sure where he would fall, this is just a wholly uneducated guess. But still, a good physical defenseman that can be had with a later round pick. Not a shoe-in like Schenn or Myers, but we need to grab forwards early and the draft is deep on defensemen, so we can dig up a guy like this who plays the style we need later on.)
134th- Edgars Ulescenko (Has been training with Vlad Ruzicka in the Czech Republic and is fluent in English. Will probably play juniors here and has a knack for turning defense into offense, which is exactly what Trotz wants in his forwards. Good forechecker for his size, too.)
164th- Euh... um... Kyle Beach?

That gives you, ideally, 5-6 forwards, 1-2 defensemen and something else at 164th.

If Boedker or Wilson is available and Poile drafts a defenseman...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I think we stay put at 9 because we are going to get a top forward there. I would be interested to see what 2 second round picks, or our first plus a second would do for us in terms of moving up. If we stay put at 15, Myers may be the best selection available....

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
If Boedker or Wilson is available and Poile drafts a defenseman...
That will happen. If he has Myers rated 7.0000000000000000001 and the others are only 7's

Old
05-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
That will happen. If he has Myers rated 7.0000000000000000001 and the others are only 7's
Get over yourself already...there are solid forward prospects available at all four of our top picks. I anticipate we will see at least one of these picks used on a defenseman and that is perfectly fine with me, however unless it is Luke Schenn available at 9 or Myers available at 15, then I don't really suspect we will use either of our two first rounders on defensemen.

On another note, if we get Colin Wilson with the 9th overall selection...I'd like to see us snag Jimmy Hayes with the 31st pick. Hayes was once considered one of the top players available in this draft while he was playing on a line with Wilson centering and JVR (Philadelphia 1st rounder last summer) on the other wing. Wilson and JVR both moved onto college this past season and unfortunately Hayes stuck around the NTDP one year too long and that stunted his development. Next season Hayes is committed to BU where one has to presume he will be reunited on a line with Wilson (JVR is at UNH) and hopefully if a team snagged both of them you might have drafted yourself 2/3's of a solid two-way scoring line with size and scoring punch to spare.

I'd also love to pickup Justin Jokinen from Cloquet (USHS - MN). He is playing for Minnesota-Mankato (NCAA) next season and is a developing young forward that has demonstrated the ability to play both as a power forward and as a skill forward with size. Needs to fill out his frame and continue to prove himself physically against older competition, but I think he will be a solid NHL contributor in 3-4 years as a scoring line winger.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Would any of you trade Suter for Trent Hunter + NYI's 1st round draft pick ?

Old
05-26-2008, 02:39 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
Would any of you trade Suter for Trent Hunter + NYI's 1st round draft pick ?
i would..... but NYI would not.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote