Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

[SWE] Wikegård-Intervju after the final

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2004, 05:37 AM
qwad

vCash: 500
[SWE] Wikegård-Intervju after the final

Wikegård is a favourite of mine. Here is an interviue with him in swedish about Niedermayers attack on Forsberg (I agree on pretty much all he's saying) and about the final in general:

http://wwwb.aftonbladet.se/vss/strea...mradio,00.html

Comments about this interviue?

Old
05-10-2004, 05:52 AM
qwad

After the attack on Forsberg and Swedens pathetic reactions and play after that I think we need to reserve one or two guys in the World Cup roster that we know could stand up for the team (that player(s) might not have to fight because I don't think we have any fighters, but to play really, really tough to show the rest of team we're not gonna be scared).

Old
05-10-2004, 07:06 AM
Swedelicious

Ragnarsson, Öhlund and Norström might add some thougness to the team, guys like Marcus Nilson and Påhlson knows how to throw a hit, and Mats Sundin never backs down...

I think we´ll do fine.

Old
05-10-2004, 09:02 AM
Robertsson 4-ever

Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwad
After the attack on Forsberg and Swedens pathetic reactions and play after that I think we need to reserve one or two guys in the World Cup roster that we know could stand up for the team (that player(s) might not have to fight because I don't think we have any fighters, but to play really, really tough to show the rest of team we're not gonna be scared).
I agree somewhat. First, we don't have that many players playing this kind of game. Påhlsson may be somewhat though along the boards but doesn't do any big open ice-hits, can't see many swedes doing that. That's simply not our kind of game. The fact is, players like Ragnarsson and Norström must be on the swedish blueline if we gonna have any success, those guys are the only ones that play somewhat pysichal among swedish NHL players of higher quality.

Canada early showed the swedes yesterday it's gonna be a though game, hitting Forsberg (wasn't pretty). But that wasn't the best. The clean hit on Andy Johansson by Scott Niedermayer was perfect, and the canadiens showed they won't be soft. Sweden should have given Dany Heatly an clean open-ice hit, show Sweden also can play pysichal. Players like Mathias Tjärnqvist and Fredrik Sjöström had to little ice-time, those players are well-suited for this kind of games.

Old
05-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Kronblom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsson 4-ever
I agree somewhat. First, we don't have that many players playing this kind of game. Påhlsson may be somewhat though along the boards but doesn't do any big open ice-hits, can't see many swedes doing that. That's simply not our kind of game. The fact is, players like Ragnarsson and Norström must be on the swedish blueline if we gonna have any success, those guys are the only ones that play somewhat pysichal among swedish NHL players of higher quality.

Canada early showed the swedes yesterday it's gonna be a though game, hitting Forsberg (wasn't pretty). But that wasn't the best. The clean hit on Andy Johansson by Scott Niedermayer was perfect, and the canadiens showed they won't be soft. Sweden should have given Dany Heatly an clean open-ice hit, show Sweden also can play pysichal. Players like Mathias Tjärnqvist and Fredrik Sjöström had to little ice-time, those players are well-suited for this kind of games.
You should have seen Tommy Albelin's open ice-hit on Vladimir Krutov at the WC 1987.

Can´t Ulf Samuelsson make a comeback?

Old
05-10-2004, 09:55 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Niklas Kronwall can throw some pretty mean hits around, despite him not being a 6.4 and 240 pound monster..

Closed Thread