HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Tampa Bay Fans

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2004, 09:01 PM
FearTheFlyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC
huh?

its just you
Check out the thread on the playoff board, Flyers are getting very little respect.

2500 POSTS BABY

Last edited by FearTheFlyers: 05-06-2004 at 09:05 PM.
Old
05-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Gert B Frobe

mmmm the smell of kffk's return. skunky

Old
05-06-2004, 09:29 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly
Check out the thread on the playoff board, Flyers are getting very little respect.
I could make the same case. I've seen Flyers in 5 and even a sweep prediction for the Flyers. Flyers will get respect the one place it matters and thats from the Tampa Bay Lightning come game 1. They sure as hell wont underestimate Philly. Screw off to fans anyway, our predictions mean nothing.

Old
05-07-2004, 12:28 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
I have allot of respect for Tampa Bay. i think they are one hellava club. This will be a huge test for both clubs.
Who ever controls the tempo will win the series. TB will obviously try to use the great skating forwards they have and the Flyers i think are gonna want to turn it in to a street fight. they are gonna hit them hard and often.
The key to me thou will be if the Flyers can play a physical brand of hockey and play with control and discipline i believe they have an excellent chance to win this series. But they will have to play 60 minutes every game. if they take whole periods off like they have in some of these playoff games, they will get beat.

Old
05-07-2004, 01:06 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
I don'e see the harm with TB fans having great opptimisim for thier club. Besides I like being the underdog and according to Vegas we are.
ummm take one peek at the final standings and you will understand why Tampa is the favorites.

I have tons of respect for Philadelphia, in fact the last 2 years I picked them to win the cup and stocked my playoff pool teams with Flyers only to lose badly. I only picked JR this year and they are in the CF

Either way I am cheering for you guys, I love watching the Flyers play!

Old
05-07-2004, 05:14 AM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:

2500 POSTS BABY
Congrats on the 2500, OSO!!

Old
05-07-2004, 05:47 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey81
is it me or are they already chalking this series as a Win?

Both fans are doing that. Let's be real, how many Flyer fans (and I'm not talking about this board, I'm talking in general) are giving Tampa Bay a chance. I listen to WIP and Howard Eskin the other day and people were calling him berating him for thinking Tampa Bay was even a good team.

Old
05-07-2004, 06:31 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

All you Flyer fans should be happy we are getting little respect, if you see it that way. Every time the Flyers are picked to make a big splash, they have lost. (At least in my jaded memory). I find it is better to be underrated. Let the Flyers prove everyone wrong. Besides, Tampa did finish with a better record, beat the Flyers every time this year, and has no injuries. That is one reason they are picked to win. Granted, I know that regular season means nothing (see Flyers record vs. Rangers in 86), but it is understandable why people would think thus. Philly fans in general become way too optimistic at the smallest victory. When was the last time a Philly team has won a league championship? 1983 Sixers. 21 years of futility and counting (if you measure success by league championships). There is no cause for optimism until that record of futility is broken.

Sorry for the negativism, but I wouldn't be myself unless it were so.

Old
05-07-2004, 06:34 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

While I am on my soapbox, I find that undue optimism leads to unnecessary change. When all the fans think that the Flyers should win, when they fail the fans all want someone's head to roll. This Flyers team has overcome adversity and has played extremely well. If they were to lose to Tampa, they should still be able to walk proudly. Tampa is a good team and has had a better set of circumstances (easier opponents, no injuries). If they win, so be it. Sure I'll be mad, but this Flyers team has done well. The last thing I want to see if the Philly media calling for someone's head.

Old
05-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Rschmitz

Quote:

I haven't looked yet but how many of these peeps are Bolts fans?

Old
05-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
ummm take one peek at the final standings and you will understand why Tampa is the favorites.

I have tons of respect for Philadelphia, in fact the last 2 years I picked them to win the cup and stocked my playoff pool teams with Flyers only to lose badly. I only picked JR this year and they are in the CF

Either way I am cheering for you guys, I love watching the Flyers play!
I din't say I don't understand why we are the underdogs, I said I like being the underdogs.

Old
05-07-2004, 01:58 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator
While I am on my soapbox, I find that undue optimism leads to unnecessary change. When all the fans think that the Flyers should win, when they fail the fans all want someone's head to roll. This Flyers team has overcome adversity and has played extremely well. If they were to lose to Tampa, they should still be able to walk proudly. Tampa is a good team and has had a better set of circumstances (easier opponents, no injuries). If they win, so be it. Sure I'll be mad, but this Flyers team has done well. The last thing I want to see if the Philly media calling for someone's head.
well said.
I feel the same way. sure I think that the Flyers can win this series and I do feel confident that they will. this team feels different then the other Flyers teams of the past that would rip our hearts out by underachieving. this team has nothing to be ashamed about if this is as far as they get but, of course there will be dissapointment if they lose.

Old
05-08-2004, 06:18 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
This will be our toughest test, the team must play on top if they wanna win but so must Flyers also. But after ten years of being at the botttom of the league is it strange that we are excited that finally the team are reaching the play-offs ? I mean what fan don't execpt their own team to win ? Why do you need the so called respect so much ? Some says we don't get it but I don't care, as long as we play good and win im over the moon

and I dont wanna wish you good luck cause we will need it, but good luck next season

Old
05-10-2004, 11:28 AM
AGraveOne

Send a message via Yahoo to AGraveOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator
That is very well stated. It does seem that fans and media demand too much from the Flyers. Every team wants to win and should strive for that...but the Flyers have been a very good team among some great teams over the last 7 or so years...you can't expect a cup every year. (However they have been a let down in the recent playoffs) Anyway, THIS year's squad has played very well and should be commended whether they win this series or go on to the Cup.

Closed Thread