HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lindros an Option?

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2004, 05:22 AM
Leaf Lander

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
I would like to see Eric take a yr off from hockey then make a come back with his brother Brett both playing for the Leafs

Old
05-09-2004, 07:42 AM
Augustus

No, I would not like to see Lindros on the Leafs.

He is a seriously compromised player who is prone to dumb penalties and is a real question mark in the clubhouse.

There was a time when I would have sold my first born for Lindros to play on the Leafs and that time has long passed. For one, Lindros, except for very brief moments, is no longer an elite player and has a very short shelf-life. For two, my first born is now self supporting.

Old
05-09-2004, 07:46 AM
berney fkaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmour's Way
I would like to see Eric take a yr off from hockey then make a come back with his brother Brett both playing for the Leafs

Eric's to stupid to take a year off, and Brett's to smart to come back.

Old
05-09-2004, 03:41 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyCrockett
Lindros' concussion problem is a pre-existing condition and therefore not covered by insurance.
Every contract is covered under insurance, he has been given clearance by the Doctors and no NHL team would sign him if they didn't have that guarantee of insurance just incase.

Old
05-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmour's Way
Brett wouldn't be able to crack the Leafs lineup, even if he did manage to pull off some sort of comeback.

Old
05-09-2004, 04:18 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiled in Florida
No, I would not like to see Lindros on the Leafs.

He is a seriously compromised player who is prone to dumb penalties and is a real question mark in the clubhouse.

There was a time when I would have sold my first born for Lindros to play on the Leafs and that time has long passed. For one, Lindros, except for very brief moments, is no longer an elite player and has a very short shelf-life. For two, my first born is now self supporting.
This belief that Lindros is still a question mark in the clubhouse is completely false. He's far from it. Believe me, he was one of the most respected guys in the Rangers clubhouse. One year ago, he had a horrible season for the Rangers. He was being booed everytime he touched the puck and getting killed in the papers. But you know what? Never once did he complain or point fingers or demand a trade. He worked his ass off over the summer and came back this year in great shape, and was probably the Rangers' best forward until he got hurt. And as someone already mentioned, it was a shoulder injury which kept him out the rest of the season, not a concussion. The concussion he suffered was very mild, and he probably would've been back on the ice by the training deadline if it wasnt for the shoulder.

He's definately earned the respect of his teammates and given the youngsters someone to look up to --which is why I think theres a good chance he's re-signing with the Rangers this summer. But if not, he would make a good fit in Toronto with him, Sundin, and Nieuwendyk down the middle. Theres no doubt he still has a big drive to keep playing and win the Cup. And his best chance to do that would be if he signed with the Leafs. He's worth the risk.

Old
05-10-2004, 12:34 PM
thatcanadianguy23

I am on both sides of this issue. One peart of me wants Lindros another dosen't. The part of me that wants him is because i have always liked Lindros.

Old
05-10-2004, 01:13 PM
Lobstertainment
Oh no, my brains.

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Lindros's last Concussion didn't seem to serious, he wasn't spawled out on the ice getting smelling salts he got right up and fought Doig who hit him.

Seriously Lindros would play for Toronto no problem and think about it.

In philly he was expected to lead them to the cup

in New York he was expected to be the lindros of old and Lead the Rangers to the Playoffs.

In Toronto he'd be expected to lead us no where just play his best.

Sundin is expected to be our leader, Roberts and McCabe too, and with all the Other leaders Lindros doesn't have to step up and take command he just has to be Lindros and play, kinda like Nolan.

if we could get Lindros for a cheap amount of cash and get Insurance why the hell not?

if he gets hurt ok that sucks but he was insured and was cheap anyway so with the money saved we probably signed another player, and also we have shown time and time again that we can play through injury stretches.

if he doesn't get hurt then it worked!

so why not Sign him, Lindros isn't a great Player(As in Sundin, Roenick, St.Louis, Naslund etc.) but he's still a Damn Good Player!

also it'd be kinda cool to have the 89, 90, and 91 1st Round picks.

that might even make a good line Lindros-Sundin-Nolan

Closed Thread