HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL on Eleven Sports Network

Old
08-16-2017, 04:38 PM
ariesboychik

vCash: 500
KHL on Eleven Sports Network

Does anyone know if the KHL will air on Eleven Sports Network (formally One World Sports) here in the U.S? I sure hope that Eleven Sports still has rights to the KHL, otherwise it will be hard to watch games here in the U.S.

ariesboychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2017, 07:30 PM
stars33

Last season they did have the playoffs after buying out OWS. As of today I do not see any games on the schedule. My backup is the website Laola.tv. however, there is no announcing.

stars33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2017, 12:36 PM
Rigafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesboychik View Post
Does anyone know if the KHL will air on Eleven Sports Network (formally One World Sports) here in the U.S? I sure hope that Eleven Sports still has rights to the KHL, otherwise it will be hard to watch games here in the U.S.
As stars33 says just use http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/home/ Laola1 instead if its not on that Eleven Sports?

Rigafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2017, 05:40 PM
Milos Krasic
Ballin' in Poland

I think they will, but on their site you can only view the TV schedule for this week (through Sunday). KHL season obviously starts Monday.

Milos Krasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2017, 05:41 PM
Milos Krasic
Ballin' in Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigafan View Post
As stars33 says just use http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/home/ Laola1 instead if its not on that Eleven Sports?
Eleven has English commentary versus silent games on laola, so Eleven is preferred.

Milos Krasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2017, 06:16 PM
hansomreiste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milos Krasic View Post
Eleven has English commentary versus silent games on laola, so Eleven is preferred.
And apparently, KHL on laola1.tv is no more...

*cries silently without commentary*

hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2017, 08:03 PM
stars33

Laola.t.v. has KHL preseason games. So I am assuming they will have the upcoming khl season. As of today eleven sports does not have KHL on the schedule. I am very disappointed.

Old
08-18-2017, 06:57 AM
hansomreiste

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars33 View Post
Laola.t.v. has KHL preseason games. So I am assuming they will have the upcoming khl season. As of today eleven sports does not have KHL on the schedule. I am very disappointed.
I thought the same way but it is not true, unfortunately. Very recently, I asked them if they would broadcast live games from KHL, to which they replied no. I hope they will negotiate and get a deal done but at this moment I'm not very hopeful. Just three days left for the season opener and there is not a single game in schedule on laola1.tv. They would have added them long ago if KHL was to be broadcast.

hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2017, 07:31 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post
I thought the same way but it is not true, unfortunately. Very recently, I asked them if they would broadcast live games from KHL, to which they replied no. I hope they will negotiate and get a deal done but at this moment I'm not very hopeful. Just three days left for the season opener and there is not a single game in schedule on laola1.tv. They would have added them long ago if KHL was to be broadcast.
Of course I do not know what is situation with Laola, if they negotiate with the league or not.

As we know, Viasat announced new KHL deal for FIN etc a few days ago. Still no KHL TV deal for CZ/SVK market (the same situation as with Viasat, KHL rights ended after 16/17).

Maybe the KHL wants more money than in previous deals, so negotiations are complicated. As you know, FIFA sold rights for Confederation Cup 2017 to Russian broadcasters a few days before a start of the event. So I would not be suprised if some deals are announced during weekend or Monday. Another option is that the KHL wants to develop their webcast, so will not sell the rights to Laola. I do not know.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2017, 07:44 AM
stars33

This is very foolish of the KHL. You have to expose your product to create a demand.

Old
08-23-2017, 01:19 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

I have just written this to other thread, but it is relevant here as well.

Quote:
All KHL video content at khl.ru, including stream of matches, is geo-blocked for FIN, NOR, SWE, DEN, CZ, SVK, HUN, SUI, USA, CAN & CHINA. My explanation is that KHL sold internet rights (as part of TV deal) for those territories to local broadcasters. ViasatĀ“s press release confirms it.

Quote:
The deal means that MTG will continue to air KHL ice hockey in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden for the next four seasons. Matches featuring Finlandā€™s Jokerit team and other selected high-profile games will be shown live on MTGā€™s Viasat Hockey channel in Finland, Norway and Sweden, or the Viaplay streaming service, where coverage will also be available in Denmark.
Any news if Eleven Sports Network will broadcast KHL in USA, Canada? Were USA, Canada geo-blocked last season?

Old
08-23-2017, 01:41 PM
geri

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars33 View Post
unfortunatly laola1.tv dont broadcast KHL anymore-i was directly asking them and answer was they wont..

geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2017, 06:52 PM
stars33

As of today, here in the US I can not even get KHL highlights on youtube. This is terrible. I am outraged. I can go to illegal sites but risk viruses to my computer.
I am hoping somebody can give me answers because shutting out the biggest hockey market in the world does not make dollars or sense.

Old
08-25-2017, 02:42 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Now we know why KHL Gamecenter is geo-blocked for Canada. DAZN bought streaming rights. Do they stream KHL in Austria/Germany, their other markets, as well?

Old
08-25-2017, 07:52 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
what about USA....this sux, I can't even buy games on the web-site...

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote