HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hockey Camps

Old
04-05-2008, 06:42 PM
xdcx

vCash: 500
Hockey Camps

Hey,

Does anyone have any information at all on any adult hockey schools that will be running next year, anywhere in Europe. Preferably somewhere like Sweden, Finland, Czech etc. Most preferably UK. I have done some searching and cannot find very much for adults at all. Also we are not total beginners but we aren't pro's either, so anything designed for beginners and novices would be ideal.

This is a large request I think, and I am very gratefull for any responses people may have.

Thanks.

Last edited by xdcx: 04-07-2008 at 04:44 AM.
xdcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Phoenix

Do you mean like a hockey camp? Or actual hockey schools?

Don't know anything about europe, and I'm not british, but I think the uk only has recreational teams you can join, but many of these teams would be suited for beginners too. Then you rely more on the training nights to improve.

But I'm interested in the same thing, so if anyone else has any info that'd be great.

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 10:08 AM
xdcx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Do you mean like a hockey camp? Or actual hockey schools?

Don't know anything about europe, and I'm not british, but I think the uk only has recreational teams you can join, but many of these teams would be suited for beginners too. Then you rely more on the training nights to improve.

But I'm interested in the same thing, so if anyone else has any info that'd be great.
Yeah hockey camp, the idea of you attend for a week, have 2 ice sessions, off ice sessions and video viewings and stuff.

Old
04-07-2008, 03:10 AM
xdcx

Old
04-08-2008, 02:01 AM
Phoenix

I don't think there's any camps up and running anytime soon in the uk, but I don't know much about their leagues either.

http://www.icehockeyuk.co.uk/index.asp

That's where I started looking around, but if you contact someone from there, they'll probably be able to help you more.

There's also the British Ice Hockey Association.

In Europe I know there's some hockey camp on in Sweden in July but I'm sure that's one of many! Just check out whatever their associations are!

Old
04-08-2008, 10:49 AM
xdcx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
I don't think there's any camps up and running anytime soon in the uk, but I don't know much about their leagues either.

http://www.icehockeyuk.co.uk/index.asp

That's where I started looking around, but if you contact someone from there, they'll probably be able to help you more.

There's also the British Ice Hockey Association.

In Europe I know there's some hockey camp on in Sweden in July but I'm sure that's one of many! Just check out whatever their associations are!
Thanks

Are you in the UK or AUS as your avatar suggests?

There seems to be alot of hockey camps in the Czech Republic, I would just love to go to one of these. Maybe one day......

Old
04-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Phoenix

I'm Australian and still living here, but I'm heading over to the uk soon so I too had been checking out what sort of hockey there was. Have been also looking at doing european camps too, then canada somewhere down the line.

I found another site too for european camps.

http://www.planethockey.com/content/17.html

I have no idea how they handle possible language barriers. But I'm sure there will be some english-speaking ones for me