HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Nissan Versa

Old
04-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Skrudland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers View Post
yes it is a drawback, wether it bothers you or doesn't is everyones individual perogotive.
the versa has a loud cvt easy as that.
Fair enough but considering every car will (and should) rev that high makes it a small complaint. If the Versa has a loud CVT then that is a problem with the model and not CVTs in general.

Skrudland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 11:41 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrudland View Post
Fair enough but considering every car will (and should) rev that high makes it a small complaint. If the Versa has a loud CVT then that is a problem with the model and not CVTs in general.
very much so agreed specialy since the versa is pretty much the cheapest vehicle with the cvt option.

#44_delivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 11:51 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGGINS! View Post
Honda Fit is better IMO.
lol not at all, i've had many people try to trade out of there fit with lots of negative equity to boot (very unorthodox for honda's)

i'll hopefully be getting into my new rs4 next month, took me a while to pick it over the new m3. my deciding factor was the VAG quattro (same awd patent thats in all lambo's and porche's) and originality.

Old
04-09-2008, 12:04 PM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
lol this threads funny becuase i work for the yachimac group here in edmonton so i'm familiar with the nissans and the acuras (along with mitsubishi, honda, bmw, mini and chrysler).

the acura rsx base or premium's are awesome and very very reliable they use a timing chain not belt so 100k maintnance is soft on the wallet, if you like the looks and the drive get it becuase they maintain the new feeling almost forever thus the high resale.
only thing to know before purchase and the one knock on the rsx is the insurance.
tks for the input! just hope the fuel consumption is ok (less than 11l/100km)

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 12:09 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
tks for the input! just hope the fuel consumption is ok (less than 11l/100km)
since hondas rev very high you'll get what you put into it. they actualy have good fuel economy (even the type s with its vtech) but if you ride it hard and rev high all the time you'll pay at the pumps.

Old
04-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Skrudland

Quote:
very much so agreed specialy since the versa is pretty much the cheapest vehicle with the cvt option.
I like how Nissan is trying to roll out CVTs in most of its models. I test drove an Altima 3.5L CVT in the fall, what a sweet, sweet car!

Old
04-09-2008, 12:33 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
I like how Nissan is trying to roll out CVTs in most of its models. I test drove an Altima 3.5L CVT in the fall, what a sweet, sweet car!
coupe or sedan? the coupe is sooooo sexy for it's price range, also well refined. i believe nissan innovated the cvt in the early part of this decade.

Old
04-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Altima coupe looks like the infiniti G35, really nice car if you are into 2 doors.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 01:11 PM
jdmef8vtec*

Quote:
It's not a drawback, that's the whole point. It may seem loud to you but if you accelerate hard, the engine is revving at the optimal rate. For constant speed, the engine revs at a lower rate. When you accelerate it jumps up to a higher rate designed for optimal acceleration and fuel consumption. This is the reason for a CVT.
no offence dude but thats a weakness right now its extremely loud on hard accel, if you think its the engine that makes it loud your wrong the transmission is actually whats noisy, its buzzy as customers refer to as. Also there is an unknown rattle from the transmission if hold rpms @2000, nothing to be worried about performance/mechanically but definately somehting Nissan will be addressing. Dont get me wrong i love the CVT concept, but needs fine tuning for sure.

jdmef8vtec* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Skrudland

Quote:
coupe or sedan? the coupe is sooooo sexy for it's price range, also well refined. i believe nissan innovated the cvt in the early part of this decade.
It was the sedan, I've always been a four-door kind of guy. It's still one of the nicest looking moderately priced sedans in my opinion. What an awesome car all-around.

Old
04-09-2008, 01:14 PM
jdmef8vtec*

Quote:
lol this threads funny becuase i work for the yachimac group here in edmonton so i'm familiar with the nissans and the acuras (along with mitsubishi, honda, bmw, mini and chrysler).

the acura rsx base or premium's are awesome and very very reliable they use a timing chain not belt so 100k maintnance is soft on the wallet, if you like the looks and the drive get it becuase they maintain the new feeling almost forever thus the high resale.
only thing to know before purchase and the one knock on the rsx is the insurance.
vouch for this gentleman's comments very true.

Old
04-09-2008, 01:22 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Altima coupe looks like the infiniti G35, really nice car if you are into 2 doors.
yeah the new 2 dr altima and the new G37 coupe share the same platform, i'm not the highest on the G37 since you can get a 335 w/o nav for the same price range.

Old
04-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Skrudland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmef8vtec View Post
no offence dude but thats a weakness right now its extremely loud on hard accel, if you think its the engine that makes it loud your wrong the transmission is actually whats noisy, its buzzy as customers refer to as. Also there is an unknown rattle from the transmission if hold rpms @2000, nothing to be worried about performance/mechanically but definately somehting Nissan will be addressing. Dont get me wrong i love the CVT concept, but needs fine tuning for sure.
Semantics dude. Obviously the T in CVT stands for transmission, which is dependent on the engine. I was speaking of CVTs in general not the performance specifications/flaws of the Nissan CVT. If the Nissan has unusual buzzing due to it's design then that's their problem.

Old
04-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Guillemin

Hiro Nakamura's car.

You should buy it based solely on that.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Slick Nick

Thanks a lot of your comments! Very appreciatd!!

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:
lol not at all, i've had many people try to trade out of there fit with lots of negative equity to boot (very unorthodox for honda's)
Have you actually tried both cars?

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:31 PM
kostitsyn1489

I'm getting my liscense early in May and I'm looking to buy my first car!

I'm looking for some car around 2000, something not too expensive and as economic as it can be. Something that wont breake every 2 months either. Also, something that is insurance friendly.

I thought about something similar to a Toyota Corrola. I'm looking for the best mix of insurance price, fuel, reliable mechanic wise and that isnt too expensive.

I'm looking to pay around maybe 5k up to 7.5k for a car around 98 and 2002.

Any tips for me?

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Charley_5054

Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post

I'm looking for some car around 2000, something not too expensive and as economic as it can be. Something that wont breake every 2 months either. Also, something that is insurance friendly.

I thought about something similar to a Toyota Corrola. I'm looking for the best mix of insurance price, fuel, reliable mechanic wise and that isnt too expensive.

Any tips for me?
The toyota corolla is really reliable, just like every toyota.

Another interesting option would be the Mazda Protege.

To get the best price and fuel consumption, you should look for a manual transmission.

Charley_5054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 04:06 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:

Any tips for me?
cash or finance?
if cash its a crap shoot as in terms of reliability, however i would sooner own a 160-200 k corolla than a 60-80k cavalier.
however you will suffer the ill effects of owning a corolla, you will start looking and acting like an old lady.

Last edited by #44_delivers: 04-09-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old
04-09-2008, 04:11 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGGINS! View Post
Have you actually tried both cars?
driven in one yes but never really had the desire to drive one i guess, i was only basing my comments on how happy i see paople who have owned both. one problem i can see occuring is the fact that honda sells twice the inventory nissan does, maybe quite a few people jumped into the fit wanting to get into a honda to have realized thats not the segment or class they truly wanted to get into... i see it quite often with the pilot as well.

Old
04-09-2008, 05:33 PM
JFB

You can get a brand new Hyundai Accent for $9,995. You should jump on it IMO. Hyundai's are very reliable these days...

JFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 05:37 PM
jdmef8vtec*

Quote:

Any tips for me?
if i were you man, i would look for a 92-95 civic hatch-coupe-4dr whatever appeals you, ive owned every generation of Honda's that is the best model for looks/performance/reliabilty/fuel mileage. Insurance was $105 a month when i was 20 so not bad. Find one with no rust, clean it religiously, rustproof it you'll never have a problem. I've never been left on the side of the road with a Honda and ive owned some pretty heavy modified Civics.

Unless you want my H22 CRX with jdm front end and lots of other goodies $9000 safety e-tested.

Old
04-10-2008, 04:35 PM
kostitsyn1489

Thanks guys. For Manual Transmission I'm not too sure. Sure it helps fuel wise, but I'm just starting to drive so I'd like to sick to basic for now hehe.

Protege is another car i was looking for. It's pretty much my top 2 cars as of right now. I think it's what suits my needs the most.

For brand new Accent. Persoanlly it's a car I always liked, but the insurrance will be crazy high if i buy a new car. I dont want to pay 3k every year... Sure it's pretty good in the long run, but I'll really stick in used car. I dont want to go in debt too much as I have some plans for next winter, but it's a bit risky and I dont know how much income I'll get out of it. I dont want to stay at my really boring job too long. It was good to get some money, but I dont want to stay there too long either. If I want to change path it would be better not to have things too much stuff to pay every weeks. I'd like if it was fully paid for July/August at worse so 5 to 7.5k is a goods range for me. If I can get something good under 6k I'll surely jump on it.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote