HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

MMA General Discussion Thread (UFC, Strikeforce, Belator etc...) Part 2

Old
09-09-2017, 09:11 AM
Rkhtsen

vCash: 500
I tried to call TM yesterday but the wait time was horrible so I replied to the email that we received with the order details. I didn't hear anything from the email so called just now and got a rep within 5 mins and he issued the refund for me.

I would call TM now if you wanted a refund.

Rkhtsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2017, 12:52 PM
McShogun99

The main event featured Mighty Mouse vrs Ray Borg. It was just a squash match to give MM the title defence record. The Nunes fight is the real main event and will be a competitive fight. So even with the loss of MM and Dos Santos there is still 3 fights on the main card that should be fun to watch.

McShogun99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2017, 01:11 PM
EchoesoftheEighties
Oilers 2017

I'm not really into MMA or anything but I thought about going because it would be a cool experience. With the main fight being cancelled I'm glad I didn't put money down to go especially at those prices. I hope those going have a good time though. There's still the Nunes fight which should be alright

EchoesoftheEighties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2017, 02:49 PM
Burnt Biscuits

I was happy with the fight quality, a far more entertaining card then what Calgary got. Nunes and Shevchenko was a quality main event a real battle between two of the best female MMA has to offer, Cejudo and RDA looked phenomenal both dispatched quality opposition with ease, those two should be title contenders in the near future. While the Stephens vs Melendez fight was fairly one-sided that was also an enjoyable fight, just to see the will and guts Melendez had to persevere through that kind of punishment.

Burnt Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2017, 05:27 PM
McShogun99

It was an entertaining event minus a few fights. I was amazed at how many empty seats their were, especially in the lower bowl. The floor and upper bowl was full but there were large empty areas in the lower bowl.

McShogun99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2017, 09:39 PM
EchoesoftheEighties
Oilers 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by McShogun99 View Post
It was an entertaining event minus a few fights. I was amazed at how many empty seats their were, especially in the lower bowl. The floor and upper bowl was full but there were large empty areas in the lower bowl.
Probably guys like me who thought about getting floors but were like ehhh I can order it on PPV for like a quarter of the cost

Hope you guys enjoyed it though. Seemed like a good time. Heard there was a massive let's go Oilers chant when they showed some of the guys too

EchoesoftheEighties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2017, 10:45 PM
trick91

i was there, great night. Fans were into it right from the first fight pass prelim. Not full, but UFC announced it as a sellout.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/09/ufc-215...g-johnson-borg

trick91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2017, 11:46 PM
Markous
LETS GO OILERS!

This is AWESOME!

Markous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2017, 01:00 AM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoesoftheEighties View Post
Probably guys like me who thought about getting floors but were like ehhh I can order it on PPV for like a quarter of the cost

Hope you guys enjoyed it though. Seemed like a good time. Heard there was a massive let's go Oilers chant when they showed some of the guys too
The floor was mostly full, the lower bowl had probably 400 seats open. I was on the floor and had an awesome time. Way better than the Fight Night in Saskatoon. Got a pic of Anjar Bhullar talking with Looch just before the Nunes fight. My girlfriend was super pumped, and especially enjoyed the female fights (even the main). Only downside was the just bleed style guy sitting next to me every time a fight wasn't a stand and bang brawl.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote