HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Martin looking to acquire a puck moving defenseman

Old
04-10-2008, 07:13 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
If you guys are looking for a puck moving defenceman the Leafs have Kubina. I'm a Toronto fan and by the sounds of it he's on the move. There is a window in his no trade clause that allows us to move him in the off season. The problem for you guys is that he won't be free unlike Campbell. But Campbell also won't be cheap. He's projected at 6.5 to 7 and I believe it might go higher as every teams board pretty much wants to add him. It will be a bidding war. Kubina at 5 is now a deal. He's actually our best defenceman in my eyes. He's a strong puck moving defenseman who's a great #1 pp point man. The added bonus is that he hit's and blocks a tonne of shots he's near the top in the league. That would help you guys bring down your shots against totals. For obvious reasons we need to move him. Our other top 2 d have no trade clauses and don't seem to willing to leave. Maybe McCabe but who knows. Just wondering if you guys would have interest in him and what you might be willing to part with. It doesn't really sound like too many of you are happy about pursuing one but if you get him wait for the season to start before you judge him. He's great.

On another note. Enjoy Belak I'm sure you guys will re sign him. He was a fan favorite in Toronto not just because he can beat the hell out of anyone but he would regularly drop by local radio stations and not sports one's and just joke around with the dj's. He's absolutely hilarious. Oh and Brashear once said that he believed Belak to be the toughest fighter in the league. That's not a bad compliment if you ask me. Oh and if you guys give Kilger playing time he'll put up points. I don't know what happened with him not reporting but he had ten goals for us and played exclusively on the 4th line. He was also near the top of the league in hit's maybe not now though. He's a great grinder. He's a steal for his contract.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
If you guys are looking for a puck moving defenceman the Leafs have Kubina. I'm a Toronto fan and by the sounds of it he's on the move. There is a window in his no trade clause that allows us to move him in the off season. The problem for you guys is that he won't be free unlike Campbell. But Campbell also won't be cheap. He's projected at 6.5 to 7 and I believe it might go higher as every teams board pretty much wants to add him. It will be a bidding war. Kubina at 5 is now a deal. He's actually our best defenceman in my eyes. He's a strong puck moving defenseman who's a great #1 pp point man. The added bonus is that he hit's and blocks a tonne of shots he's near the top in the league. That would help you guys bring down your shots against totals. For obvious reasons we need to move him. Our other top 2 d have no trade clauses and don't seem to willing to leave. Maybe McCabe but who knows. Just wondering if you guys would have interest in him and what you might be willing to part with. It doesn't really sound like too many of you are happy about pursuing one but if you get him wait for the season to start before you judge him. He's great.

On another note. Enjoy Belak I'm sure you guys will re sign him. He was a fan favorite in Toronto not just because he can beat the hell out of anyone but he would regularly drop by local radio stations and not sports one's and just joke around with the dj's. He's absolutely hilarious. Oh and Brashear once said that he believed Belak to be the toughest fighter in the league. That's not a bad compliment if you ask me. Oh and if you guys give Kilger playing time he'll put up points. I don't know what happened with him not reporting but he had ten goals for us and played exclusively on the 4th line. He was also near the top of the league in hit's maybe not now though. He's a great grinder. He's a steal for his contract.
I'd like Kubina, maybe straight up for Welch or something like that I wouldn't mind it. I'd rather Martin try the UFA market first and go after a guy like Streit or Liles.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote