HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chipchura

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2004, 09:06 AM
Dgrohl8

vCash: 500
Chipchura

This guy is such a good player and as many people know he has a good chance of falling pretty low and i think if he falls we trade up and get him because he can be something special and might as well give up a 2nd in a weak draft to get a very good prospect

Old
05-11-2004, 10:17 AM
HockeyBurd*

His stock has dropped allot. But come draft time I don't think he'll fall too low. People on these boards are too fixated with his stats(tied for 6th in goal scoring on his team). I've only seen him play twice but judging by what is written from people who see him play regularly, he has the type of game and the intangibles that translate into NHL success. You can be sure pro scouts are going to be very familiar with every aspect of his game. His lack of production won't cloud all their judgements. He has the frame, the tools and the potential. I think he'll be picked closer to 10 rather than 20. And it would cost us way too much to move up and grab him. Though if he does fall past 15 I certainly wouldn't be upset if we moved up using our 26th(or 25th) and 48th pick to nab him. I would not use one of our early second round picks though. There are too many talented players that will be available at 36 and 37 to give up 2 picks for 1.

Old
05-11-2004, 10:40 AM
Dgrohl8

yea but i also believe he will fall past 15 because of a lot of things and dont be surprised if poti can be used to move up and secure him because if we get shremp/ladd and chipcura it will be great

Old
05-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Chipchura is a safe pick(Skating, Size). Reminds me of Rob Niedermayer. He'll do a great job of getting the puck in the offensive zone, but when he's there he doesn't take over, depends on other players to be more creative. Also, i don't like that he gets nervous on the Power play when pressured.

Good player, i would'nt mind taking him after #15, but there are others i like more, that have better hockey sense.

Old
05-11-2004, 01:09 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgrohl8
yea but i also believe he will fall past 15 because of a lot of things and dont be surprised if poti can be used to move up and secure him because if we get shremp/ladd and chipcura it will be great
Can we please get over the thought process that Poti is somehow going to net us another 1st round pick? First of all, Jackass is not trading him. Second of all, even if he decided to attempt to trade him, there's just not a market out there for a 27 year old defenseman who is afraid of contact and has not played a lick of defense since he came into the league (and is scheduled to make over $3m next year, btw).
The notion that Porta is somehow going to net us another first rounder is absurd.
I like Cipchura as well, but unless he somewho slides to us at the Toronto pick, or into the 2nd round, we are not getting him. He is not worth dumping a 2nd rounder for. I would take Valabik, Pineault, or Green ahead of him w/ our 2nd first rounder.

Closed Thread