HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 1 ceremonies and presentations (updated w/ video from the stands)

Old
04-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Gilles Tremblay

vCash: 500
Game 1 ceremonies and presentations (updated w/ video from the stands)

April 10th edit: here's a video of the on-ice projections and players arrival on ice before game 1 last night:

You can't read it in the video, but the first few minutes of the projections are short blocks of text with history of the Stanley Cup and quotes about the playoffs from players such as Jean Béliveau.

Forward to 7:35 for the players arrival.

And here's a video of the last minute of the game and the three stars presentation shot from the stands:

[End edit]

---------------------

I got my tickets for game 1 and as excited as I am about the actual game, I am also quite anticipating what the marketing team has in store for the fans in the pre-game ceremonies and with little gimmicks surrounding the game.

Tailgate party - So far, we know there will be the tailgate party organized by CKAC. I'll drop by before the game, but if it's anything like 2006, this is mostly a showcase for Ron Ron Ron and selling expensive beer. Centennial Plaza isn't a large enough location to make this a compelling event for the fans, so I'm not too excited about this.

Player presentations, on-ice projections - Then there will be the pre-game ceremonies and player presentation. I believe this trend took off in Montreal in the 2004 playoffs when they started projecting great moments of Habs history on the ice in a darkened Bell Center. I don't think they can top the refreshing innovative surprise of 2004, but I am so curious about what song and what format will be used.

National anthems - They could also book someone special to sing the national anthems.

Towels - I hope there will be no towels distribution this year. The fans are lively enough as it is and the whole (or part of the) crowd waving towels with sponsor logos just look dumb IMO.

Fans in Red - I believe CKAC is pushing fans to wear red at the game, but in the past these requests have fallen on dead ears on a good part of the people attending the game. I got red t-shirts ready for the game, hope there will be a sea of red in the Bell Center.

Goal song - I don't believe the Habs DJ is daring enough to change the goal song at this point, and I myself am a little superstitious about this point in such a succesful offensive year, but I can't wait for Vertigo to be retired as a goal song. It was a OK pop hit a few years ago and it's not a bad song, but a) it's dated b) it's got nothing to do with hockey c) it's got nothing to do with Montreal d) it's got nothing to do with the Habs e) the part of the song they use comes in too abruptly f) it never caught on with the fans anywhere. No sports bar I've been to use Vertigo as their in-house goal song.

Am I missing anything?

Sorry for my longish thoughts, I'd love to hear if anyone has info on what's in store for the fans at the game and what ideas you'd implement at the Bell Center if you were hired by the Habs. If the thread survives until Friday, I intend on posting some Youtube vids of the pre-game ceremonies I'll try to record from the stands if I'm not too drunk.

Last edited by Gilles Tremblay: 04-11-2008 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Updated with video
Gilles Tremblay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
I don't think it will happen, but I hold out hope that we'll see the return of the old goal song.

I love how they project the banners of every single Cup victory on the ice before playoff games...it takes quite awhile and must seem very obnoxious to fans of the opponent -- I love it!

Other than that, I don't really care; the incredible atmosphere blows away anything the marketing team could come up with. The Bell Centre can be extremely loud in the regular season, but it doesn't compare at all with the playoffs.

The only negative thing will be the lines for the bathrooms. I guess people spend a lot more on beer in the playoffs because the lines grow exponentially.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 03:57 PM
HabsFanatic36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles Tremblay View Post
I got my tickets for game 1 and as excited as I am about the actual game, I am also quite anticipating what the marketing team has in store for the fans in the pre-game ceremonies and with little gimmicks surrounding the game.

Tailgate party - So far, we know there will be the tailgate party organized by CKAC. I'll drop by before the game, but if it's anything like 2006, this is mostly a showcase for Ron Ron Ron and selling expensive beer. Centennial Plaza isn't a large enough location to make this a compelling event for the fans, so I'm not too excited about this.

Player presentations, on-ice projections - Then there will be the pre-game ceremonies and player presentation. I believe this trend took off in Montreal in the 2004 playoffs when they started projecting great moments of Habs history on the ice in a darkened Bell Center. I don't think they can top the refreshing innovative surprise of 2004, but I am so curious about what song and what format will be used.

National anthems - They could also book someone special to sing the national anthems.

Towels - I hope there will be no towels distribution this year. The fans are lively enough as it is and the whole (or part of the) crowd waving towels with sponsor logos just look dumb IMO.

Fans in Red - I believe CKAC is pushing fans to wear red at the game, but in the past these requests have fallen on dead ears on a good part of the people attending the game. I got red t-shirts ready for the game, hope there will be a sea of red in the Bell Center.

Goal song - I don't believe the Habs DJ is daring enough to change the goal song at this point, and I myself am a little superstitious about this point in such a succesful offensive year, but I can't wait for Vertigo to be retired as a goal song. It was a OK pop hit a few years ago and it's not a bad song, but a) it's dated b) it's got nothing to do with hockey c) it's got nothing to do with Montreal d) it's got nothing to do with the Habs e) the part of the song they use comes in too abruptly f) it never caught on with the fans anywhere. No sports bar I've been to use Vertigo as their in-house goal song.

Am I missing anything?

Sorry for my longish thoughts, I'd love to hear if anyone has info on what's in store for the fans at the game and what ideas you'd implement at the Bell Center if you were hired by the Habs. If the thread survives until Friday, I intend on posting some Youtube vids of the pre-game ceremonies I'll try to record from the stands if I'm not too drunk.

Do you have more info on the tailgate party? Is this confirmed because I live a long way from Montreal and me and my friends are planning to go... Do you know if there will be a Big screen or something like it? Any Info will help....

HabsFanatic36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
no way we get the old gold song back, its gone for good.

...can someone record the pregame intro and stuff from CBC and put it on youtube so i can watch when i get home from chicoutimi??

Someone did it for 2006..

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles Tremblay View Post

those would be nice. im kinda sick of the guy who sings the anthem for them, he is boring

towels are always good fun!

all in red would be sweet! but not necessary. i think ottawa already does this...

looking forward to the playoffs!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
those would be nice. im kinda sick of the guy who sings the anthem for them, he is boring

towels are always good fun!

all in red would be sweet! but not necessary. i think ottawa already does this...

looking forward to the playoffs!
Calgary does it.

Winnipeg was/is still the best (white out)

Old
04-08-2008, 04:43 PM
anarmandaleb

How do they decide who does the anthem in the regular season, anyway?

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 04:44 PM
KostyBrosFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
no way we get the old gold song back, its gone for good.

...can someone record the pregame intro and stuff from CBC and put it on youtube so i can watch when i get home from chicoutimi??

Someone did it for 2006..

I AM SO PUMPPPP UP!
Come on, today is still tuesday!! arrr

KostyBrosFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
How do they decide who does the anthem in the regular season, anyway?
Its Charles Prevost-Linton who does it in the reg. season

Old
04-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Judge Sauer*

Laser Pens For Everyone!!!!!

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KostyBrosFan View Post
I AM SO PUMPPPP UP!
Come on, today is still tuesday!! arrr
That video pissed me off more than anything. We won 6-1 and 6-2 and dropped the next 4

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Its Charles Prevost-Linton who does it in the reg. season
I hope it's not him,I hate him..

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I hope it's not him,I hate him..
i like him.

Old
04-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Gilles Tremblay

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsFanatic36 View Post
Do you have more info on the tailgate party? Is this confirmed because I live a long way from Montreal and me and my friends are planning to go... Do you know if there will be a Big screen or something like it? Any Info will help....
Yup, confirmed. It begins at 3 PM and lasts until 6h30. Would highly doubt there will be big screens, most likely you will only see all the CKAC personalities broadcasting live from centennial Plaza with Ron Ron Ron preaching to the converted, expensive beer will be sold, and some merchants who do not need publicity here will try to make a name for themselves and sell Habs-related merchandises.

Old
04-08-2008, 05:10 PM
KostyBrosFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
That video pissed me off more than anything. We won 6-1 and 6-2 and dropped the next 4
yeah that is so true!

Year 2008, it is time for glory!!!!

KostyBrosFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
6-1 and 6-5 in OT.... for the record.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Guillemin

Quote:
We're not talking about that series!

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Laps40

What about game # 2

Laps40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 02:08 AM
Gilles Tremblay

Here's a video of the on-ice projections before game 1 last night from the stands:

And here's a video of the last minute of the game and the presentation of the three stars:

Last edited by Gilles Tremblay: 04-11-2008 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Updated with second video