HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

ECF Gm.2: Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning l Flyers 6-2 l Tied Series 1-1

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2004, 09:37 AM
highstickingyerface

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to highstickingyerface
Taylor is gutless......... but cmon now the king of gutless wears number 87 and a foolish orange mouthguard

Old
05-11-2004, 09:39 AM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBolts
By the way, Flyer fans, as you'll see by rwilson99's post count, he's new here and has never posted on the Lightning's board. As a result, take his comments with a grain of salt and realize he is not speaking for the majority of Bolts posters on HF.
I have.

I have found the majority of TB posters to be insightful and not trolling. It has happend all playoffs with every team including the Flyers...There are few posters who don't think before they type.

Old
05-11-2004, 09:41 AM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstickingyerface
Taylor is gutless......... but cmon now the king of gutless wears number 87 and a foolish orange mouthguard
How is Brash gutless...I hope it's not the so called "head shot" on Taylor because that was a clean hit where Taylor tried to lineup Brash but missed.

Old
05-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
I have.

I have found the majority of TB posters to be insightful and not trolling. It has happend all playoffs with every team including the Flyers...There are few posters who don't think before they type.

Who me???

Old
05-11-2004, 09:44 AM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
Who me???

No you are the Special Opts Commander, it is you job to be in your facce with the interogation of opposing posters.

Old
05-11-2004, 09:47 AM
highstickingyerface

umm I don't think many people in hockey have much respect for Brashear and the way he runs around as a so called "enforcer"

he's been gutless his entire career....... too many examples to pick from and no the headshot on taylor wasn't anything I was using to base my opinion on

although the fact he wouldn't fight Dingman or Roy but wanted to go with Lukowich does

Old
05-11-2004, 10:20 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilson99
The play happened in front of me. I'm five rows off the ice at the face off circles. The contact occured and Esche lost his stick behind the net.

tick... tick... tick... 5 seconds later Esche discovers he's injured falling to the ice reaching for his eye. Replays on the jumbotron (one of many Ken Hitchcock objected to being shown) confirmed the delay in contact and reaction.

Esche's motivation was protect the shutout, an ugly offensive act against the game of hockey. It was also an act of fear, Esche followed the puck until a clearing attempt failed and then flopped to the ice.

Your team is gutless, and a great example of what is wrong with the game of hockey.
You were there, and I watched it on TV. How come we saw two different things?

Look, you either didn't see it right, or you are trying to get your rocks off by irritating Flyer fans. The guy got speared in the throat/neck by his own defenceman. As somebody who has had that happen to them, it's a scary thing.

When I got hit in the throat once I suddenly couldn't breathe. At that point instinct takes over and you panic.

Oh well, I'm going to drop it here since you obviously don't know what your talking about. I also find your little bit about Hitchcock "objecting" to a replay being shown on the Jumbotron very amusing.

Old
05-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBolts
Give it up and back off, r. The replay on ESPN clearly showed Esche being speared (accidentally) by Malakhov. There was no delay, there was no acting. Yeah, it stinks that the Lightning had control of the puck when Esche went down, but it was 100% legit.
I don't really have time to read this whole thread, but I guess someone said that Esche was diving? I dunno, even watching that replay was painful, and it looked like Esche's neck immediately started turning a nice shade of purple. He'd better hope his neck muscles don't stiffen up on him. The Bolts did have control of the puck, but I'm guessing if it's the goalie who's down, it doesn't matter who has the puck? Not sure.

Quote:
We Lightning fans have to shrug our shoulders and wait for Thursday night. The team was outplayed, stunk to high heaven defensively, and their heads were not in the game, for whatever reason.
Yeah, I don't see the point of nitpicking when EVERYTHING went wrong. There were a lot of calls and non-calls I wasn't happy about, lots of dirty crap, but it's better to just forget about it, as our players will, and look forward to the next game.

For the record, Tim Taylor is a lot of things, but "gutless" isn't one of them. The man's played two years with a detached groin muscle, he's in pain every day and can't even jump the boards. Yes, he can flap his gums a bit too much, but he's FAR from gutless.

Oh, and "fight" and "Dingman" don't really belong in the same sentence, we call him "Hugger".

Old
05-11-2004, 10:27 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Oh, and "fight" and "Dingman" don't really belong in the same sentence, we call him "Hugger".

Dingman is a great charecter guy.

Old
05-11-2004, 11:47 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

this is a friendly warning to keep everything clean, guys. i've had to do a little bit of surgery to the thread already...and there is a way to talk about a hockey game without resorting to petty name calling and urination contests. everyone take a deep breath, relax...and let's keep this thread from being closed.

thanks,

nmk

Old
05-11-2004, 01:19 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
umm I don't think many people in hockey have much respect for Brashear and the way he runs around as a so called "enforcer"

he's been gutless his entire career....... too many examples to pick from and no the headshot on taylor wasn't anything I was using to base my opinion on
Care to name a few then? Tampa fans are running around calling him a head hunter, so who has he purposely injured with a dirty hit?

Old
05-11-2004, 01:27 PM
paxtang

Quote:
although the fact he wouldn't fight Dingman or Roy but wanted to go with Lukowich does
See, this is the part that gets me. Bash Brashear for not fighting Dingman and Roy, bash him for being a dick, but to insinuate that fighting Sarich or Lukowich is somehow a downgrade from fighting CHRIS DINGMAN, is just a joke. Choosing Sarich over Dingman is not an act of fear.

Old
05-11-2004, 01:35 PM
highstickingyerface

Sarich has no part in this

and I don't recall saying he FEARED anyone

just that he is a gutless enforcer who often talks smack and won't back it up on the ice until the other teams enforcers are kicked out at which point he runs around like he owns the rink

You may recall a guy named Marty McSorley who Brashear wouldn't fight one night either.. Brash did his pseudo tough guy routine all game long and then ended up being chopped upside the head by a McSorley stick.. one would have thought that would have taught him a lesson but obviously not

and I've seen Brash since his minor league days... this isn't anything new. he is gutless .

Old
05-11-2004, 02:19 PM
z0llie

dude, you need to settle down. as a fighter you need to know when to fight. fighting is largely used as a motivator for your team, when your down. the flyers needed no motivation, so why would he want to help tampa bay get some enthusiasm? anyone who says brash is a cheap player does not know anything about him, plain and simple. calling dingman, sarich, etc. tough is laughable. brashear would have no trouble beating them senseless.

oh, and your lightning got wrecked. quit whining about people "faking" injuries when your too one-sided to look clearly at a replay.

Old
05-11-2004, 02:30 PM
highstickingyerface

I'm cheering for the Lightning in this series but they aren't my team.

I never called any of the players you mention on Tampa Bay tough nor did I say Brashear could not defeat any of them in a fight. I stated the example of turning down Roy and Dingman (Tampa's designated enforcers) but yet hopping on the ice with mere seconds left to try and start something with Brad Lukowich as an example of his gutles style of enforcing. And it isn't anything new as he's been doing that routine since he played in the AHL for Fredericton.

I'm quite capable of seeing things clearly and commenting on them without the tainted glasses of either team obscuring my view.

Old
05-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Dave Carlson

You are missing the point here.
If this was any other team you may have one.
But Roy and Dingman are not enforcers. The other people that were named are as good as fighters as they are. Brashear may be a joke of an enforcer, but Roy and Dingman are jokes of fighters.
Saying Brashear ducked Roy and Dingman only to go after Taylor or someone else is the same as saying he ducked, o say, St. Louis, and then stayed on to go after Taylor.
And if you don't realize that saying Brashear DUCKED Roy and Dingman to stay and start things later after they are gone is insinuating he is afraid of them, then thats your problem.
You for some reason think that Flyers fans care or disagree that Brashear is a bad enforcer.
Find somethign else to do then trolling about the flyers.

Old
05-11-2004, 02:51 PM
highstickingyerface

Quote:
You are missing the point here.
as are you but that's fine

if you don't think Brashear is a gutless enforcer that's your opinion and you're entitled to it

Old
05-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Dave Carlson

Quote:
as are you but that's fine

if you don't think Brashear is a gutless enforcer that's your opinion and you're entitled to it
Maybe you didn't finish reading where I said Flyer fans all more aware then anyone that Brashear is a gutless enforcer.
Making your comments a MOOT POINT, anyways.
But what you do not realize, is that not fighting Dingman or Roy is not the same as not fighting say Belak or Domi or Worrell or some other legitimate enforcer. They are pathetic fighters, and any of the other players on Tampa are equal fighters. Just because Dingman and Roy are big and fight doesn't make a differnce. Hall Gill is big and fights sometimes, whose scared of him?
If you feel some vindication preaching to the choir about Brashear's enforcing then fine.

Old
05-11-2004, 03:01 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
I stated the example of turning down Roy and Dingman (Tampa's designated enforcers) but yet hopping on the ice with mere seconds left to try and start something with Brad Lukowich as an example of his gutles style of enforcing.
FYI, based on the guys in the lineup last night, who else besides Brashear is a fighter or even close to it? I don't think none of the guys on the top 3 lines are. Sharp and Radio are guys who will and did drop the gloves, but really Brash is the only one out there for them. How smart would it be for your only enforcer to go out, fight and get tossed and leave your other players wide open? He did his job. He knew he was the only one that could do it. Markov and Sydor fought. Other than that, there is no one else. He had a duty to stay out there and not get tossed. Andre Roy got himself booted before he and Brash could have sparred, brave move on his part. Last time they met Brash kicked his butt. So, Roy leaves and that leaves Dingman, Sarich and Taylor versus Brash. Fair fight? I think not.

It's not gutless enforcement, it's smart enforcement.

You think Hitch is going to let that fly on his team? No, he isn't.
He tells guys like Donald, Todd and whoever is fighting to pick your spots. Toronto tried to goad Brash into fighting in Game 7 when the game was already over. (I may be wrong about which game but I remember that it happened). He did his job.
You really don't know what you are talking about saying he is gutless. You say you don't have tinted glasses but you obviously don't like Brash so I think it's safe to say they are tiny bit tinted.

Old
05-11-2004, 03:15 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilson99
The play happened in front of me. I'm five rows off the ice at the face off circles. The contact occured and Esche lost his stick behind the net.

tick... tick... tick... 5 seconds later Esche discovers he's injured falling to the ice reaching for his eye. Replays on the jumbotron (one of many Ken Hitchcock objected to being shown) confirmed the delay in contact and reaction.

Esche's motivation was protect the shutout, an ugly offensive act against the game of hockey. It was also an act of fear, Esche followed the puck until a clearing attempt failed and then flopped to the ice.

Your team is gutless, and a great example of what is wrong with the game of hockey.

Bend over Martin

Old
05-11-2004, 03:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

aaaand on that note.

Closed Thread