HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Hitchcock is Pat Quinn Version USA

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2004, 04:11 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
You really think he whined to motivate his players after a 6-2 hammering?
Well, I hope he ripped them a bit for playing sloppy hockey durring the last 15.

Ken Hitchcock comes off as a toned down version of Mike Keenan, with a better X&O game.

Old
05-11-2004, 04:36 PM
DeleteThisAccount

Hitchcock was replying to a question asked by media. Whining it may have been, but it was a direct reply to someone questioning why he and the bench were upset after the Brashear hit. This particular situation (imo) is a bit different than the "Why did you lose?" "It was the refs." stuff that both coaches have a history of doing.

Old
05-11-2004, 05:32 PM
John Flyers Fan

According to Sam Donellon of the Philadelphia Daily News the Lightning were reprimanded today by the NHL for their actions last night.

Repeatedly showing the replay of something designed only to incite the crowd and/or show up the officials is prohibited by the NHL.

Old
05-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battousai
Hitchcock was replying to a question asked by media. Whining it may have been, but it was a direct reply to someone questioning why he and the bench were upset after the Brashear hit.
Nope, I found a replay of the press conference, and he answered a question about what was going on with trying to get Brashear on the ice at the end of the game, then broke in with "Can I say something here?" and went into it.

Old
05-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
According to Sam Donellon of the Philadelphia Daily News the Lightning were reprimanded today by the NHL for their actions last night.

Repeatedly showing the replay of something designed only to incite the crowd and/or show up the officials is prohibited by the NHL.
And i thought it was claimed a few ago that Taylor was lining up brash to take him out and hurt himself while doing it

make up your mind you cant have it both ways you know with the cookie.

If like said many times it was taylor lining brash up and failing in the job how does that comment match the comments of the whiniest coach in the league?? wouldnt he be happy to see Taylor making an A$$ out of himself since he tried to line brash up or perhaps god forbid there was actually a hit on Taylor i leave that for they jurors to figure out

Old
05-11-2004, 07:56 PM
Dave Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Bolt Fan
And i thought it was claimed a few ago that Taylor was lining up brash to take him out and hurt himself while doing it

If like said many times it was taylor lining brash up and failing in the job how does that comment match the comments of the whiniest coach in the league?? wouldnt he be happy to see Taylor making an A$$ out of himself since he tried to line brash up or perhaps god forbid there was actually a hit on Taylor i leave that for they jurors to figure out
Fine if you want some proof go to the Tampa website and listen to Taylor's press confernce where he says he was lining up Brashear for a check and Brashear was avoiding him. The fans however felt like he was purposfully closelining Taylor, and is why they kept showing the replay of it.

Old
05-11-2004, 07:56 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:

What the hell are you talking about ?

Hitchcock didn't complain about officiating or any play that happened during the game.

He complained about the scoreboard controller repeatedly showing a replay that would incite the fans and try to embarass the game officials.

Old
05-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
What the hell are you talking about ?

Hitchcock didn't complain about officiating or any play that happened during the game.

He complained about the scoreboard controller repeatedly showing a replay that would incite the fans and try to embarass the game officials.

I know perfectly well what he was *****ing about thank you.

And on a sidenote how can you incite the fans if you are showing Taylor making an A$$ out of himself, or perhaps there was actually something else.

Good job from the arena crew. And if it is like i have heard like 55 thousand times Taylor was going after ..... and failed his attempt, just ask yourself why on earth would that offend anyone in Philly???? and why would the refs be embarrassed??

I leave the answer up to you.

Last edited by Swedish Bolt Fan: 05-11-2004 at 08:05 PM.
Old
05-11-2004, 08:10 PM
Dave Carlson

Quote:
I know perfectly well what he was *****ing about thank you.

And on a sidenote how can you incite the fans if you are showing Taylor making an A$$ out of himself, or perhaps there was actually something else.

Good job from the arena crew. And if it is like i have heard like 55 thousand times Taylor was going after ..... and failed his attempt, just ask yourself why on earth would that offend anyone in Philly???? and why would the refs be embarrassed??

I leave the answer up to you.

Noone was offended on Philadelphia about what Taylor did, and the refs were not embarrassed about anything.
Hithcock was upset with them replaying the incident--Taylor running Brashear who ducked it, and in doing so Tampa Fans felt like was trying to close line him on purpose--to incite the crowd and create animosity towards the Flyers and the refs.

Old
05-11-2004, 08:35 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Carlson
Noone was offended on Philadelphia about what Taylor did, and the refs were not embarrassed about anything.
Hithcock was upset with them replaying the incident--Taylor running Brashear who ducked it, and in doing so Tampa Fans felt like was trying to close line him on purpose--to incite the crowd and create animosity towards the Flyers and the refs.

Old
05-11-2004, 08:52 PM
Gags1288

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Hitchcock rairly complains about anything in his post game interviews. Between games, sure he does. Before series, sure. But not after the games, that is very uncharacteristic of him. He was very upset in this case and I don't blame him one bit.

The showing of the replay over and over again where Brashear and Taylor collided up high (brashear hitting him high, Taylor with a butt end) resulted in fans getting mad and eventually throwing stuff at the flyers players. It's one thing to show the replay once so people can see what happened, it's another to do what they did and make the fans so angry (over what, i'm not sure, most of the people in that arena don't have a clue about hockey anyway) that they start throwing stuff. I also heard that when Brashear was sent to the penalty box, the Tampa fans held up a monkey in a cage. Pretty classless if you ask me, not to mention the booing of Esche when he was injured. If these things had happened in philly, it would be national news.

Old
05-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Sotnos

Before this gets any worse, this is done.

Closed Thread