HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you realize we are playing without Koivu?

Old
04-12-2008, 04:47 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Do you realize we are playing without Koivu?

Do you realize Carbo can dress a better line-up than the one he dressed for the first and second game of that serie?

Imagine the impact Koivu will have on the team when he fully recover from his injury.. This little warrior is a playoffs performer and for the first time in years, he has a real shot at winning the cup... We have the luxury to rest him as much as possible with Higgins doing well centering the second line..

OByrne is another one that played pretty well in the last stretch and that will be hungry to jump on the ice when Carbo put his name on the board...

Grabovski... I dont know for you but this kid showed some real desire at the end of the season.. His quickness and skills are an asset if we need him at some point.. At the moment he is watching his compatriots making noise in the playoffs.. Do you seriously think he will play shy and intimidated when Carbo will put his name on the board?

At the moment Smolinski is doing the job but personally Im not sold on... Chipchura just get back from his injury and played last night with the Bulldogs.. Give him 2-3 other games there and call him up...

To resume, Carbo is coatching his team perfectly and the only way this team can get is better..

Go Habs Go The cup is what we are playing for!!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Koivu2001

vCash: 350
its amazing how deep the canadiens are, koivu has been our best player in the playoffs I cant even imagine the teams performance when koivu gets back, 16 cylinder monster baby!

Koivu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Who needs Koivu when we have Kaptain Kovy

Last edited by Myron Gaines*: 04-12-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Mathieu21

Send a message via MSN to Mathieu21
It's all about the tie!

Mathieu21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 04:56 PM
m00ks

Don't jinx it now.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 04:58 PM
ToysInTheAttic

A well rested Koivu will be something to see when he returns to the line-up. He is going to be oozing energy.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 04:58 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

He's not back in 1st round for sho.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Koivu who...?

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Beakermania*

Only someone who's completely ignored his contributions over the last 6 weeks would even think about benching smolinski.

The last six weeks he has played very very well, doing his job pretty much perfectly... winning draws, being pretty good in his own end, and doing little things right.

He's providing the solid veteran play that he was paid for.

I was a big critic of his in Oct, nov, dec, jan and even parts of feb, but since the deadline he's been bringing it.

This is not to say we don't bring Koivu back when he's ready, cause we certainly do... I just think its probably dandenault heading to the pressbox.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 05:16 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I say Koivu doesnt play in teh first round if we are going to win it in 4 or 5, in 6, I would be worried if the series was 3-2, maybe he plays and if he can play and we by some mistake go to game 7, then he certainly plays

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Clumsyhab

According to Michel Bergeron, we have a better line-up without Koivu. He says that Saks was holding back Higgy. What a moron. I thought Higgins was the one missing tons of empty netter after Saks set up the play.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 05:20 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Count me in as a converted Smolinski homer. That guy has been one of the most solid players on the team for weeks now. He is a tough, gritty player who also can put the puck in the net in a timely manner.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Only someone who's completely ignored his contributions over the last 6 weeks would even think about benching smolinski.

The last six weeks he has played very very well, doing his job pretty much perfectly... winning draws, being pretty good in his own end, and doing little things right.

I was a big critic of his in Oct, nov, dec, jan and even parts of feb, but since the deadline he's been bringing it.

This is not to say we don't bring Koivu back when he's ready, cause we certainly do... I just think its probably dandenault heading to the pressbox.
Isn't the OP one of guys who spent the majority of the season bashing Koivu, kinda ironic now

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 05:26 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
i hope when koivu comes back that higgins stays as a center because besides the face-offs, he has been awesome, especially in his defensive zone

when saku comes back, i would like to see these lines...

kostitsyn plekanec kovalev
kostitsyn higgins ryder
latendresse koivu lapierre
kostopoulos smolinski begin

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
A well rested Koivu will be something to see when he returns to the line-up. He is going to be oozing energy.
not to mention he's going to be ****ing pissed at having to miss playoff games. Also what the hell is with this new fad of putting Koivu on the 3rd line behind Higgins? Higgins will go back to the wing once Koivu is back, and even if he were kept at center, it would not be on the 2nd line.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
The last bad investment of Gainey was Kovalev last year...

Well this year the discussion is closed.

This is the best team spirit. Everyone is needed, this is just perfect.
Some GM would exchange half of their team to get the spirit we have... Actually, some did.

We will need all our skills and players during the playoffs.
Let's talk in 20 games... Gainey is spending his money wisely. Last year was a tough year for him but he is back this year.

And to go back to the original post... Well, our depth is going to prove extraordinary usefull in the playoffs. We are blessed with almost 30 NHL level players that can play in this Association winning team.
Sorry man, last bad investment was Samsonov.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 05:32 PM
couz

I don't think Higgins should move from center, I think he's a better center than winger.

Once Saku comes back put him with GL and Lapierre, that will be a good third line.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Do you realize Carbo can dress a better line-up than the one he dressed for the first and second game of that serie?

Imagine the impact Koivu will have on the team when he fully recover from his injury.. This little warrior is a playoffs performer and for the first time in years, he has a real shot at winning the cup... We have the luxury to rest him as much as possible with Higgins doing well centering the second line..

OByrne is another one that played pretty well in the last stretch and that will be hungry to jump on the ice when Carbo put his name on the board...

Grabovski... I dont know for you but this kid showed some real desire at the end of the season.. His quickness and skills are an asset if we need him at some point.. At the moment he is watching his compatriots making noise in the playoffs.. Do you seriously think he will play shy and intimidated when Carbo will put his name on the board?

At the moment Smolinski is doing the job but personally Im not sold on... Chipchura just get back from his injury and played last night with the Bulldogs.. Give him 2-3 other games there and call him up...

To resume, Carbo is coatching his team perfectly and the only way this team can get is better..

See, now these are the type of posts you should be making. A more objective analysis this time.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 05:45 PM
MD Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post

Should make you appreciate what the Bruins did without Bergeron.

MD Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 05:56 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Bruins Fan View Post
Should make you appreciate what the Bruins did without Bergeron.
True. If you could have known in advance the man games lost, who would have bet on them getting in ?

I think the talk of Koivu is due to the team just not having offensive depth, or character depth over his time in Mtl. The team playing well without him further impresses us as to the quality of the youing guys on the team.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 05:58 PM
emb24*

there's a carbo quote today that if today was a game 7, they'd both be playing (saku/ cube)

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 06:05 PM
lou4gehrig

Honestly Koivu is the 7th best player on this team right now. Even lower next year. He's our captain, but Komi, Markov, Hamr, Price, Plek, Kovalev are all easily more important than him. Maybe ties with Higgins and A Kost.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 06:07 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post

Smolinski has been inconsistent and not reliable all the season long outside the last stretch.. Im still not sold on him and it could become tougher for him when we face better opposition... Just watch and see, Smoke has to keep playing well otherwise his spot in the line-up isnt assured...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Habbadasher

I have to keep reminding myself that Koivu is not playing. This team is really impressive, but we will need Koivu.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 09:36 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
I agree a fully healed and most importantly a rested Koivu will have a huge impact especially on the PP!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote