HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal mayor demands removal of public Habs images

Old
04-12-2008, 06:19 PM
bollos

vCash: 500
Sounds to me like we have a closet Bruins fan here. This goof is elected isn't he....you know what to do...

bollos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 06:52 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I am really geting old. Vision isn't what it used to be.

When I first read the title, I didn't see the "l" in public.

At least it made sense, though, the mayor wanting propriety and all.

Then, when I read it again later, realized my mistake, it hit me, what a tool this guy is! It never would have occured to me that a mayor would demand the removal of images of a winning sports team.

Is he out of touch or what?
I'm surprised at you. Usually only I stoop to a joke like the l in public.

I like it, but it's not often that someone else sinks to my depths.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 06:56 PM
MJG

I was passing by the station on Cote-St-Antoine and they had a huge Habs logo. Not the best paint job though.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 07:04 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I'm surprised at you. Usually only I stoop to a joke like the l in public.

I like it, but it's not often that someone else sinks to my depths.
Seriously I wasn't joking. At first, I thought the mayor was standing up for the Habs against some rogue internet posters.

Then, Tremblay

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 07:10 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

I'm not from Montreal or anything.. but I'm thinking this mayor just ****ed himself for any future elections..

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 07:29 PM
katieboo

wow, your mayor is a *****

katieboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I'm not from Montreal or anything.. but I'm thinking this mayor just ****ed himself for any future elections..

I know he lost my vote. I let him know too. You can send him emails via the city of montreal website.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 09:54 PM
LeMAD

Again, I repeat, this has nothing to do with the Habs. The fireman are a bunch of *******s and they know they have all kind of negociation power and they use it.

Those clowns are the same the made holes in fire holes. They do not deserve any respect anymore.

I don't like Tremblay, but he's 100% right this time.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 10:22 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
They didn't paint on MY car and MY house. They PAINTED THEIR FIRE STATION!

And all of you who are against the Fire fighters claim to be hockey fans! Go post on some pro-mayor party pooper board instead..
Wow. You really think they are just trying to support the habs? : Did you read any of my other posts after the one you replied to? Or are you "RAAAAAA **** AUTHORITY!" when anyone tries to think logically?

And why would you have a problem with me painting GO HABS GO! on your car? I'm supporting my team. Maybe the city has a problem with firefighters who paint on their property?

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Wow. You really think they are just trying to support the habs? : Did you read any of my other posts after the one you replied to? Or are you "RAAAAAA **** AUTHORITY!" when anyone tries to think logically?

And why would you have a problem with me painting GO HABS GO! on your car? I'm supporting my team. Maybe the city has a problem with firefighters who paint on their property?

Why are you so worried about this? Do you work for the city? No offense meant but I ask you again.

Why is is so hard to consider that maybe, just maybe the firemen are just proud of their team and want to show their colours?

In the States firemen are always the first to support football teams. Just look at Greenbay a few years back. It would have caused a social uproar had the city intervened.

I'm just curious as to why you are so sure they simply aren't Habs fans who love their city?

Old
04-12-2008, 10:43 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Why are you so worried about this? Do you work for the city? No offense meant but I ask you again.

Why is is so hard to consider that maybe, just maybe the firemen are just proud of their team and want to show their colours?

In the States firemen are always the first to support football teams. Just look at Greenbay a few years back. It would have caused a social uproar had the city intervened.

I'm just curious as to why you are so sure they simply aren't Habs fans who love their city?
I wish I worked for the city, slackest job there is.

But I seriously doubt their motives because they are in contract negociations with the city and

Quote:
They painted their trucks because they knew it would get a reaction out of the city and they knew the public would be shocked that that the city would get pissed because those heroes are just supporting our team! The "supporting" the team is just an excuse to gain more public support.
Oh and I'm not worried about this lol. It's just fun to argue about it

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
I wish I worked for the city, slackest job there is.

But I seriously doubt their motives because they are in contract negociations with the city and

Oh and I'm not worried about this lol. It's just fun to argue about it

Well you're obviously a well thought out person. I'm not saying I'm right or you're wrong. (besides I'm sure we're both pretty happy that kovy's slap shot found its way in a few minutes ago)

But let me ask you this; Even if this were an attack at the city from the Firefighters and they purposely used the city's love for the Habs right now to somehow get back at the city and or the mayor....don't you agree that maybe it would have been a good idea for the mayor to let this one slide?

Is he really thinking he's going to be backed up by anyone right now?

All I'm saying is that the mayor seems to obviously not give a (you know what) about the Habs success. I would even argue that it bothers him for some reason or another.

If I were him, I'd try to tap into this frenzy, not try and dampen it.

Old
04-13-2008, 10:48 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Again, I repeat, this has nothing to do with the Habs. The fireman are a bunch of *******s and they know they have all kind of negociation power and they use it.

Those clowns are the same the made holes in fire holes. They do not deserve any respect anymore.

I don't like Tremblay, but he's 100% right this time.
While I deplore som eprevious actions, one doesn't have to lead to the other. If it's politics as some insist, agreeing with Tremblay makes you a bad politician. The idea is to achieve your goal in negotiations while maintaining some public credibility. If the union sets a trap for him, falling into it makes him look, if not small minded, politically amateurish.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote