HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post Game Thread: Kovalev with OT winner, Habs win 3-2 and take a 2-0 series lead

Old
04-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny4778 View Post
The NHL and the Refs stole that game. Seriously earlier in the game there was a few bad calls. Some good non-calls though thats for sure. DOes anyone remember a time when OT in the playoffs meant ....no penalties unless a guy is in a scoring position or its dirty?!!?? Seriously they give us a 5 on 3 in OT...(which is like sending 8 guys to the box in regulation) when on the same play Reich is highsticked. To make things worse, the ref 20 feet away never made the call, the ref 100 feet away did. The NHL is sad, the two referee system is sad. Gary Bettman is a moron! If you guys can be happy with the way your team won the game, then you should be ashamed to be an NHL fan. As for the the bruins tying it, and being in OT... we outplayed, out-chanced, outworked and out-hit, and outshot the HABS, and deserved to win the game. HABS 1 win, REFS 1 Win, BOS 0

it makes up for all the obvious ones you guys got off with, especially the Plekanec cross check witch was probably the most obvious call we had this year for a penalty, the 50 obstruction penaltys againts the goalie, and the ruffing of Ward on Kovalev that lead to Kovalev spearing him. Go cry somewhere else please!

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 10:46 PM
ToNedOuT

Quote:
The NHL and the Refs stole that game. Seriously earlier in the game there was a few bad calls. Some good non-calls though thats for sure. DOes anyone remember a time when OT in the playoffs meant ....no penalties unless a guy is in a scoring position or its dirty?!!?? Seriously they give us a 5 on 3 in OT...(which is like sending 8 guys to the box in regulation) when on the same play Reich is highsticked. To make things worse, the ref 20 feet away never made the call, the ref 100 feet away did. The NHL is sad, the two referee system is sad. Gary Bettman is a moron! If you guys can be happy with the way your team won the game, then you should be ashamed to be an NHL fan. As for the the bruins tying it, and being in OT... we outplayed, out-chanced, outworked and out-hit, and outshot the HABS, and deserved to win the game. HABS 1 win, REFS 1 Win, BOS 0
questionable...that was a total follow through on a cross ice pass...i guess they could've called it but that wasn't...

and some fan you are i'll be happy anytime my team wins...maybe you're the one who should be ashamed.

ToNedOuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 10:46 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Did you watch the 3rd period or what? The refs are the reason why the Bruins were able to bring the game in overtime. I don't care if the refs were bad in overtime, the game was not supposed to go to overtime.

ChuckyToGally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 10:48 PM
ToNedOuT

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL View Post
I was reading the GDT on the main board and you know what, I don't think they like us very much around here. It's the official habs bashing reunion down there.
well i like us...

ToNedOuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Habsrichard

Quote:
If your going to quote the nhl rule book give me the legit facts. as in section what number what in the nhl rule book...as far as I know, by the calls I have seen any act of the stick is the players faults.
Rule 61

http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule61.html

Ron MacLean pointed it out, I wasn't aware of it.

Habsrichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 10:49 PM
MD Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrichard View Post
But the Refs didn't help the Bruins tie it up?

Anyways, Carey
I've been hearing this all night. How exactly do you think this is the case? Kovalev didn't slash Ward? And wasn't Schaefer's goal 5 on 5? Just a bad rebound by Price I thought. I'm not trolling I'm actually really interested in why you think this.

MD Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
We played the next NINE MINUTES SHORTHANDED with two 5 on 3's mixed in after the 5 on 3 we had.Everybody outside of habs land knows as usual the visiting team gets JOBBED.The guys on VS where saying it sad to see the officials take that game away from the B's.

By the way the B's first goal was 5 on 5.Your guys can't even give credit where credit is due.First and third periods you where dominated.

I know congrats the end result is what matters regardless of how you get there.
the first goal being 5 on 5 doesn't matter when the rush was started with a blatant trip that gave you guys the puck that went uncalled.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 10:50 PM
24Cups

Can someone tell me why there are Habs fans over on the Bruins board apologizing for this win? You know who you are.

I don't mind Bruins fans whining about the call on Reich (although it certainly wasn't a dive!) but the refereeing was bad all game and in the end we're the team with the 3 spot in the box score and the Bruins have 2. If the Bruins would have scored on more of their iffy power plays, they would have won.

24Cups is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 10:52 PM
SonOfGom

Quote:
If your going to quote the nhl rule book give me the legit facts. as in section what number what in the nhl rule book...as far as I know, by the calls I have seen any act of the stick is the players faults.
Rule 60.1, read it and tell all of your Bruins friends so they stop coming here and *****ing about it.

http://www.nhl.com/ext/0708rules.pdf

SonOfGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Habsrichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Bruins Fan View Post
I've been hearing this all night. How exactly do you think this is the case? Kovalev didn't slash Ward? And wasn't Schaefer's goal 5 on 5? Just a bad rebound by Price I thought. I'm not trolling I'm actually really interested in why you think this.
Which of the calls on the Bruins wasn't a penalty then? The high-stick which cut Kostopoulos? The trip on Markov? I know Bruins fans are mad about the tripping on Markov, but it was a trip, chincy or not.

Kovalev was a slash, the Bruins player, Ward I think, also jumped on him first and the slash was retaliation.

Old
04-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Stephen Locke*

I called it!I was right about everything except the only thing wrong I got was the length of the game.

My prediction before game time;

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...4&postcount=60

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
i'm not about to add the obvious as others posted, but can we please do something with Ryder< i'm sorry but the guy is just such an odd ball, he doesn't mesh well at all with Higgy or skost, looks horrible on the PP, shoots when he should pass, passes when he should shoot, and we he does decide to shoot, he takes 8 days with his wind-up...it's just getting to be quite a nuisance
This is by far, the thing that pisses me off the most about Ryder

I just cant wait till hes gone

And yeah we overrate Komi a bit sometimes.. I think we should pair him with Hamrlik, and Gorges with Markov, gorges and markov were money together

Obyrne definately needs to taste some of this playoff action

Like in 2004, Quintal goes down in game 2, Who gets the call up? Komisarek, and i remember him crushing thornton into the glass that one time, and that was the begining of his career.. Obyrne NEEDS to play, i dont care what anyone says, I also agree, Streit on defence... we cant have him on D for LONG periods of time, everyone now and then ok, but not that many games in a row, Its time for him to go back on the 4th line and create some offence

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:01 PM
bipolarhabfan

Not the prettiest of wins but I will take it. Only a few players showed up tonight: Bresibois, S Kostitsyn, the fourth line, Hamrlik, and Price. The PP needs to get it going as well.

Tomorrow's game I call a must win. Captain obvious speaking again. The Habs have to come out with more jump and a greater amount of intensity. Unlike tonight where they played into the Bruins hands for the majority of the game and were thus disjointed.

As for the game, the officiating was horrible for both sides. There were calls that were made that should not have been made and others that were not made on clear infractions. On balance, the Bruins got away with more that the Habs. The high stick was on a follow through and the Reich penalty was legit as he stuck his stick out and tripped Markov. The penalty to Kovy was also legit but he was being accosted before the slash. However, I was so mad seeing him do something like that with the game on the line.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
obcd1

I like it when Bruins troll here, it means we won

obcd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bill McNeal

Quote of the night: (paraphrasing the question)

Reporter: I know you probably don't care, but Julien is furious about the penalty in overtime.
Carbonneau: You're right. I really don't care.

Time to storm beantown and embarrass them on home ice!

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:02 PM
habster

That's what happen when you put a goon in OT.

habster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:05 PM
MD Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrichard View Post
Which of the calls on the Bruins wasn't a penalty then? The high-stick which cut Kostopoulos? The trip on Markov? I know Bruins fans are mad about the tripping on Markov, but it was a trip, chincy or not.

Kovalev was a slash, the Bruins player, Ward I think, also jumped on him first and the slash was retaliation.
Thornton's penalty was absolutely legit. The Reich penalty was weak I thought but they've called the free hand this year. The trip on Reich, in OT..that's a terrible a call. You think it's legit?

MD Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:06 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habster View Post
That's what happen when you put a goon in OT.
That's what happen when your team is full of goon.

Old
04-12-2008, 11:08 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Thornton's penalty was absolutely legit. The Reich penalty was weak I thought but they've called the free hand this year. The trip on Reich, in OT..that's a terrible a call. You think it's legit?
Can you find me the rule that says that the application will be different in overtime than in regulation? I know it's the way it used to be but still, play clean and there would be no problem.

Old
04-12-2008, 11:08 PM
noiro

I'm worried about Komisarek's play as of late. Since he came back, he does not seem as sharp as before his injury. Of course it will take some time for him to come back to his pre-injury state but nevertheless, it's the playoffs and we need everyone to bring their A game.

But I'm sure the old Komo will be back!

Btw, did anybody see how the Bruins are aiming for his hip after the play stops around Carey's crease?

noiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Mathletic

it's funny to see the Bruins fans whinning about the Habs fans chanting OLE OLE during the game. The same fans at Sox games will sing Sweet Caroline ... a pedophile song on top of that ... during their games, they'll boo A-Rod and Jeter. But when Montreal does it, oh man, those classless french people. Btw, I checked again tonight and I don't hear any boos during the American anthem. Of course, if they look hard for it they'll find it, anyway. It's not like Americans won't sleep well at night if their anthem is booed.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Habsrichard

Quote:
Was it a trip? Yes (TSN panel just agreed, not that it means much). Would I have been happy had it been called on the Habs? No.

Old
04-12-2008, 11:13 PM
NHLcrazy

I see that whole refs fiasco thing tonight like this it's like giving a candy to a kid that doesn't deserve it and taking it right back after...sure he'll cry and whine but he never should have gotten the candy in the first place...

Habs got a scare tonight, we will rebound tomorrow and be more focus IMO

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:15 PM
24Cups

Quote:
Listen, it's wasn't a blatant trip, but it wasn't a dive either. It doesn't matter who here thinks it was legit, it was called by the referee on the ice. If the team jerseys were reversed, the Hab would have been called as well.

24Cups is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:16 PM
speed11

[QUOTE=Redux91;13618437]

And yeah we overrate Komi a bit sometimes.. I think we should pair him with Hamrlik, and Gorges with Markov, gorges and markov were money together

i suggested that prior to game 1, that would be a nice balanced top 4.

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote