HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

THIS CITY IS HOCKEY!!! wow!!!

Old
04-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
IP...that was just...just mean.
Hey, c'mon: we all know, according to TSN, CBC, and all National media in Canada, the the Leafs are always contenders for the Cup each and every year!!

Now THATS a winning atmosphere a guy can really bask in!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Hey, c'mon: we all know, according to TSN, CBC, and all National media in Canada, the the Leafs are always contenders for the Cup each and every year!!

Now THATS a winning atmosphere a guy can really bask in!
I'm sorry I can't type back a good response. I'm laughing too hard seeing the words, "Leafs", "Contenders", and "Cup" in the same sentence.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
I'm sorry I can't type back a good response. I'm laughing too hard seeing the words, "Leafs", "Contenders", and "Cup" in the same sentence.
They were considered Cup contenders not long ago...(1998-2004)The time goes by fast I guess,it was not long ago also when the Bruins/Leafs were fighting for 1st/2nd seed while the Habs were a perennial bottom feeder.

Last edited by Stephen Locke*: 04-13-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 02:28 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
That's nothing unusual... *rereads original post*. Oh, wait- it was referring to hockey, not golf! Now I get it! LOOOOOOOOOOOL!

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kautsitsin View Post
They were considered Cup contenders not long ago...(1998-2004)The time goes by fast I guess,it was not long ago also when the Bruins/Leafs were fighting for 1st/2nd seed when the Habs were a perennial bottom feeder.
Very true there were seasons where the Leafs could have been considered "Cup Contenders". The part that makes me laugh though is every season the Toronto media overrates the Leafs chances and says they are Cup contenders. I'm all for people being positive about the team they support or cover in the media. But some of these people just go overboard.

It's only been recently that the media has changed their thinking and realize the team has a lot of work to do before they are taken seriously.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Cristobal Huet

Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
WOOOT!

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 02:44 PM
ed ible*

Why wouldnt you want to play in that atmosphere................the team has to love it.....oh and heres to all you dicks that didnt want to sign here.......

ed ible* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 02:48 PM
HellasLEAF
#93Gilmour/#93Marner

guys I have to admit, the presentation at the Bell Center is awesome.

I always make sure to see it. I have seen both games now and you have a hell of a team, love that Kovelev. I remember when our team was rocking on the ice in the playoffs, with guys like Roberts just doing anything to win. It was a team I was proud of and Habs fans would compliment us on a very exciting team playing with big heart. So I see this from the Habs now.

But the presentation, is just wicked. I love the pre stuff with the Streets have no name and all the quotes and images. And then when the two kids come out to the song "Fix you" by Coldplay you can't help but get chills. And then he announces the Canadiens coming out on the ice, it's all just first classs.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Griff57

Bruins fan here....i was at the game last night, i took the trip up there from boston. obviously i didnt like the outcome, but that was the most amazing game i have ever been to. i wish boston had the passion for hockey that you guys do. the place was absolutely electric, and i definitly got chills watching the whole intro to the game. 99.5% of the fans in the arena and around montreal were great...i got booed everywhere i went and everyone had something to say...which i totally expected wearing a bruins jersey, but i just had to laugh at the hatred there was for me and my buddy. trust me, i still hate your hockey team, and pretty much all the fans...but there is no doubt that montreal is the hockey capitol of the world, and i have nothing but the utmost respect for all the fans there...aside the guy who threw a beer off my back at the end of the game...but anyway
on my way to the garden now, hopefully the bruins can make this rivalry a little more competitve...but thanks for a great time in montreal

Griff57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 03:12 PM
lasainteflanelle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff57 View Post
Bruins fan here....i was at the game last night, i took the trip up there from boston. obviously i didnt like the outcome, but that was the most amazing game i have ever been to. i wish boston had the passion for hockey that you guys do. the place was absolutely electric, and i definitly got chills watching the whole intro to the game. 99.5% of the fans in the arena and around montreal were great...i got booed everywhere i went and everyone had something to say...which i totally expected wearing a bruins jersey, but i just had to laugh at the hatred there was for me and my buddy. trust me, i still hate your hockey team, and pretty much all the fans...but there is no doubt that montreal is the hockey capitol of the world, and i have nothing but the utmost respect for all the fans there...aside the guy who threw a beer off my back at the end of the game...but anyway
on my way to the garden now, hopefully the bruins can make this rivalry a little more competitve...but thanks for a great time in montreal
thanks for the compliments! i'm happy you had a good time, don't make it your last visit

if you're a real champ though, you'll take your story of the night to the bruins board and tell em we're not all bad! hope you enjoy the game tonight, you're lucky you get to see 2 straight playoff games in 2 different city's, definately an awesome experience!

lasainteflanelle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Artyukhin*

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff57 View Post
...on my way to the garden now, hopefully the bruins can make this rivalry a little more competitve...but thanks for a great time in montreal
I'm happy you liked it over here! and we'll try to make sure you dont have more chances to come back up here soon!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 03:16 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasainteflanelle View Post
thanks for the compliments! i'm happy you had a good time, don't make it your last visit

if you're a real champ though, you'll take your story of the night to the bruins board and tell em we're not all bad! hope you enjoy the game tonight, you're lucky you get to see 2 straight playoff games in 2 different city's, definately an awesome experience!
Except for the idiot throwing a beer.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 03:21 PM
GNick42

We really have something special going here...not only a good young team. But #1 in the NHL with attendance, 143 straight sellouts. It is amazing

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
guys I have to admit, the presentation at the Bell Center is awesome.

I always make sure to see it. I have seen both games now and you have a hell of a team, love that Kovelev. I remember when our team was rocking on the ice in the playoffs, with guys like Roberts just doing anything to win. It was a team I was proud of and Habs fans would compliment us on a very exciting team playing with big heart. So I see this from the Habs now.

But the presentation, is just wicked. I love the pre stuff with the Streets have no name and all the quotes and images. And then when the two kids come out to the song "Fix you" by Coldplay you can't help but get chills. And then he announces the Canadiens coming out on the ice, it's all just first classs.
You should come next year for Leafs-Habs .

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
So I was at the game tonight...Holy ****.

Started off the night by meeting JMMR, le_sean and Riverside Habs Fan. Pretty awesome to meet HF dudes and these were all good guys.

The game, I can't even describe. All I can say is that when Kovalev scored the OT winner, the crowd was so loud my ears were hurting, actually hurting bad. I tasted blood for a bit, I thought my eardrums ruptured. My voice is gone. I can't speak without extreme pain.

Outside the Bell Centre...I have never seen anything like that before. Thousands of people flooded St Antoine...There was just a massive party going on, flags everywhere, everyone singing, people with others on their shoulders...It was absolute pandemonium. It was as close to the 93 riots as you can get. It was insanity. Everyone was going NUTS. I was right in the middle of the giant mosh pit that started in the street.

Afterwards, I was walking down St Catherines and everyone was going nuts...People were jumping out of moving cars! Guys were just walking down the middle of the street, high fiving drivers as they drove by. Some dude jumped out a car and was jumping around, he kneed me right in the stomach REALLY HARD, but it didn't hurt because of my abs of steel. Afterwards, this dude was sprinting down the middle of Crescent street, and as he runs accross St Catherines, he gets hit by a car. He falls down, and just gets up and keeps running like nothing happened. Amazing!

Every car was honking, everyone was singing...It was insanity guys. The city is hockey. I have never seen anything like that before.

AWESOME story . This is the first time I can't watch a playoffs game live(multiple injuries). I hate it!

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
It was a great feeling walking downtown after the game. Pockets of flag waving, chanting fans all along St Catherine until the small hours.

The Bell Center was intense once again - it's been piercingly loud since the last game of the year against Toronto. I'm bringing ear plugs to the game since Thursday and I'm finding I must use them it's so crazy in there. Last night was louder than the last game of the year but not quite as continuously loud as is was Thursday.

But Kovalev's goal was something else. Kind of like a flash before my eyes - a very unique hockey moment to witness.

The Habs win the face-off, the puck goes to Kovalev. He's on the side opposite to the one he usually prefers, he slowly glides towards the net and winds up a shot. This is part is almost surreal in my memory - it seemed to last forever. Everyone knew he was going to shoot. You could sense the anticipation. Then BAM! In a flash you don't see the puck anymore and all there is, is the twine of the net moving a little and the sudden outburst from all the fans.

That was my first witnessing of playoff OT win by the Habs, after seeing 3 losses. The building was intense!
Well it was only the 2nd home OT victory by the Habs in the past 10 years (since brrezy won game 4 against the devils in 97 in triple OT- our first OT win in the new building and our first win there period... only took 5 games Forum Ghosts). Sound miniscule because of lack of playoff games? Well, consider we've lost 5 OT games at home in that time too.

Hab-a-maniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 04:51 PM
KostyBrosFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post

Hope our habs fans can do the "Thoooooomaaaaaas Thoooooomaaaaaas" chant at the TD Garden

KostyBrosFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post

I find it odd that he doesn't take off all his equipment and get completely changed inside the rink??

What is this, tyke hockey, where my parents used to dress me at home??

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 05:07 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

whoever would step on my car would meet my tires right after, i would roll over the *******.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Well it was only the 2nd home OT victory by the Habs in the past 10 years (since brrezy won game 4 against the devils in 97 in triple OT- our first OT win in the new building and our first win there period... only took 5 games Forum Ghosts). Sound miniscule because of lack of playoff games? Well, consider we've lost 5 OT games at home in that time too.
Damn, it been that bad? I didn't realize.

Feels "special" to say I've seen 3 of those OT losses (one in '04 against the Bruins - the famous "Kovalev incident", and the two against the Hurricanes in '06).

But last night more than makes up for these (and hell the '04 loss was already made-up with the series comeback from 1-3).

It was awesome being there as the fans were all celebrating last night!

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 05:20 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I find it odd that he doesn't take off all his equipment and get completely changed inside the rink??

What is this, tyke hockey, where my parents used to dress me at home??
I think when the Habs practice at Verdun, they get dressed at the Bell Centre, bus over, and go back to the Bell Centre in their equipment. Must be the visitors do the same thing.

Or maybe their daddies are waiting at the hotel to help them get their stuff off

Old
04-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
I think when the Habs practice at Verdun, they get dressed at the Bell Centre, bus over, and go back to the Bell Centre in their equipment. Must be the visitors do the same thing.

Or maybe their daddies are waiting at the hotel to help them get their stuff off
I remember feeling grown up when my parents told me i could dress myself at the rink....

I was 22 at the time.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Jypee

It was my first game at the Bell Centre yesterday, and god, it was crazy! The celebration after the games were so ****in great! And I got love for my Dagenais jersey, lol!

Hope to get back in MTL for round 2! Go Habs Go! We have the best fans!

Jypee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 05:54 PM
m00ks

I was listening to Chris Nilan on team 990 and he was describing the unbelievable view of 200-300 Habs fans outside the building screaming, chanting and basically running the Bruins fans right out of the building.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 05:57 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I remember feeling grown up when my parents told me i could dress myself at the rink...

I was 22 at the time.
I remember my first hockey clinic... I was relieved there were other girls there in case I ran into troulbe figuring out how the equipment went on. I was 24. Seriously.

I did figure it out by myself, BTW