HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT Preds @ Wings - 1pm CST (Eventual Road win Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2008, 01:56 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Let me add, that I'm not that upset with the Lidstrom goal, I am however upset about waiving off Radulovs goal, and most upset with our "captain's" play.

Old
04-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Let me add, that I'm not that upset with the Lidstrom goal, I am however upset about waiving off Radulovs goal, and most upset with our "captain's" play.
right there with you bro

Old
04-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
I think we can now officially end the debate over the Lidstrom goal and whether or not it should have been waved off because Holmstrom might have been in the crease:

Rule 78 Protection of Goalkeeper

Click the link for the entire rule straight from NHL.com. No contact was made, Ellis had a free range of motion on the shot. There was no reason for the officials to even consider waving off the goal.
Looks like he has restricted movement to me from the photo....but it was definitely close, and it won't be the only time holmstrom gets away with this play this series.

04-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
I think we can now officially end the debate over the Lidstrom goal and whether or not it should have been waved off because Holmstrom might have been in the crease:

Rule 78 Protection of Goalkeeper

Click the link for the entire rule straight from NHL.com. No contact was made, Ellis had a free range of motion on the shot. There was no reason for the officials to even consider waving off the goal.
Where is the rule that all Predator go ahead goals must be waived off for illegally shooting the puck into the net vs the Ref/media's beloved Red Wings??????? Linesmen are intentionally positioning themselves to prevent the Predators from clearing the zone (one time resulting in the GWG). How more bogus can this series get? It is tough enough to win in the Playoffs but come on this is too much. Flat out disgusting they don't even look at the disallowed goal but if it was the other way there would have been a 2 hour delay until they got the one camera angle to allow one to count (see the Sharks game eairlier this year) This series complete BS. The offside then hooking no call to score cost us a chance to win game 1 and the no-goal I was going to blow the whistle cost us a chance in game 2.
Quote:
"High-end officials are doing everything they can to get us to the Stanley Cup finals because they want to ref,'' Babcock said.

Last edited by Gnashville: 04-13-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old
04-13-2008, 02:21 PM
gmalicoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Where is the rule that all Predator go ahead goals must be waived off for illegally shooting the puck into the net vs the Ref/media's beloved Red Wings??????? Linesmen are intentionally positioning themselves to prevent the Predators from clearing the zone (one time resulting in the GWG). How more bogus can this series get? It is tough enough to win in the Playoffs but come on this is too much. Flat out disgusting they don't even look at the disallowed goal but if it was the other way there would have been a 2 hour delay until they got the one camera angle to allow one to count (see the Sharks game eairlier this year) This series complete BS. The offside then hooking no call to score cost us a chance to win game 1 and the no-goal I was going to blow the whistle cost us a chance in game 2.

seriously? They COULD NOT look at the disallowed goal--the ref said the play was or was going to be called dead. NOT REVIEWABLE

The linesman "intentionally" trying to keep the puck in the NSH zone? really?

Old
04-13-2008, 03:43 PM
norrisnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Looks like he has restricted movement to me from the photo....but it was definitely close, and it won't be the only time holmstrom gets away with this play this series.
There is nothing in the rules that states Homer has to get out of the way if he's standing outside of the crease. You're allowed to establish position on the white ice. Any contact in this play was initiated by Ellis moving out to the top of the crease and that's not Homer's fault.

Old
04-13-2008, 03:49 PM
PredDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmalicoat View Post
seriously? They COULD NOT look at the disallowed goal--the ref said the play was or was going to be called dead. NOT REVIEWABLE

The linesman "intentionally" trying to keep the puck in the NSH zone? really?
go troll your own team's board... we don't need your input.

Old
04-13-2008, 03:49 PM
ZDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
There is nothing in the rules that states Homer has to get out of the way if he's standing outside of the crease. You're allowed to establish position on the white ice. Any contact in this play was initiated by Ellis moving out to the top of the crease and that's not Homer's fault.
exactly, Homer was actually further away from the goalie than he usually is

Old
04-13-2008, 03:52 PM
gmalicoat

also

gnashville--

you mis-quoted Babcock:

"We had two high-end officials that are doing everything they can, just like us, to get to the Stanley Cup finals," he bristled. "If you think for one second those guys aren't doing the best they can, yo-u're mistaken."

Old
04-13-2008, 03:54 PM
gmalicoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post
go troll your own team's board... we don't need your input.
I'm not trolling or insulting anyone. I am merely clearing up some confusion on the part of preds fans on what is a reviewable call, that's all

Old
04-13-2008, 04:06 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunWithNothing View Post
I realize, I'm about to suspended for this, but I can't stay quiet.
We can only hope though I'd rather you stay quiet.

Old
04-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
Your absolutely correct on the first part, but on the second you are incorrect. If Holmstrom is in the white paint, he is fine, but if you watch the replay, he crosses several time through the blue paint and is in the blue paint as the shot takes place...blocking Ellis from taking full advantage of his goal-crease. With that said, I fully realize this is a tough call, and I think you will find that most Predator fans agree that while the initial call was incorrect, it is not an egregious mistake. Still, if you want to argue semantics, I do think Holmstrom should have been called for the penalty, and technically the goal should have been disallowed because of the above. What Predator fans are really upset with is goal 2 in game 1 and with the non-review of the goal in game 1 (which should have counted).

Quote:
Your continuing to throw this line out there, but what your not grasping is that at the time he was not saying it was intent to blow the whistle - he said it was because the net was off the moorings. The, "I intended to blow the whistle" argument is complete BS for two reasons:

1) The puck was still in motion off a wrist shot when he would have had to "intended" to blow the whistle.
2) It is painfully obvious by both his statements at the time, his motions pointing to the net, and the play itself that he blew the whistle because the net came off his moorings.

His use of the "intent to whistle" is simply a cover up, and it is why you have seen both Trotz and Poile call him out for it (something they have not done in any playoff series to date).

Old
04-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunWithNothing View Post
I realize, I'm about to suspended for this, but I can't stay quiet. Out of all the fans, you guys are the biggest bunch of whiners and cry babies in the NHL.

You guys are not losing because of the refs, you are losing because you have an inferior hockey club. I gather most of you have never played hockey, or have been watching it for almost two years now! You clearly never got the memo., about showing your opponents a little respect, rather than constantly belittle them by always resorting to the refs as the reason you guys lose.

And as far as why calls never seem to "go your way," did you ever stop to think that NHL refs are only human, and that they too are sick of dealing with the antics of players such as Nichol and Tootoo? Hence, they might be less likely to give a call to Nashville on a 50/50 chance?

Bottom line is this: show a little a bit more class, and appreciate the wonderful game of hockey, and appreciate your opponents. Blaming the refs is what we did in midget hockey, now go back to Corky's and enjoy the ribs!
True we do have an inferior team we are the 8th seed playing the 1st seed, but when a linesman skates into the path of a clearing attempt it gets frustrating. That happened yesterday he was against the wall and clearly moved to block the clear and keep the play onside. I may have not watched hockey for 2 years (thanks for the stereotype) but I have never seen a lineman "take one for the team" . It happened in game one and the Wings scored the game winner. To say the antics of Tootoo and Nichol are costing the Preds the 50/50 calls is ridiculous. Nichol is injured and Tootoo is our best forward so far. 3 timely calls have taken away any chance the Predators have of winning those games. 2 goals given to the Wings and one taken from the Preds that's a 3 goal swing and the goal differential in the series is only 4 (one was a empty netter). The Wings may have won both of those games anyway but those calls guaranteed victory. It's hockey anything could happen but this series is OVER due to the type of officiating it's been getting. Understand our anger at these game/series changing calls.

Old
04-13-2008, 04:36 PM
DManPreds11

Quote:
I'm not trolling or insulting anyone. I am merely clearing up some confusion on the part of preds fans on what is a reviewable call, that's all
Wow thank you gmalicoat for clearing all that up Junior. I think your thick skull is preventing you from realizing that we know the GD rule. How an offical is intending to blow the play dead because the net is GOING to be dislodged is ridiculous. It doesn't happen that way, for somebody like you that is all over the rules and trying to clear things up should know that, the play is only DEAD AFTER the net is off it's moorings. The offical can't "intend" to blow his whistle because he THINKS it's about to be knocked off. The intend rule is that if the offical loses sight of the puck and doesn't blow his whistle in time, he can still wave off a goal scored. That's the HUMAN FACTOR. In this game he looks up and says to the Preds players "THE NET WAS OFF" he then should've went to VIDEO REVIEW but didn't therefore HE WAS WRONG in then after the fact saying that he intended to blow his whistle because there was no reason to "intend" to blow it until the net was completly OFF IT'S MOORINGS. NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND????? Don't try to act like your just in here to clear up things for us ignorant Preds fans I see the thread you started on your boards that was closed rightfully so, not long after you started it(http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=504903).

Old
04-13-2008, 05:00 PM
gmalicoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DManPreds11 View Post
Wow thank you gmalicoat for clearing all that up Junior. I think your thick skull is preventing you from realizing that we know the GD rule. How an offical is intending to blow the play dead because the net is GOING to be dislodged is ridiculous. It doesn't happen that way, for somebody like you that is all over the rules and trying to clear things up should know that, the play is only DEAD AFTER the net is off it's moorings. The offical can't "intend" to blow his whistle because he THINKS it's about to be knocked off. The intend rule is that if the offical loses sight of the puck and doesn't blow his whistle in time, he can still wave off a goal scored. That's the HUMAN FACTOR. In this game he looks up and says to the Preds players "THE NET WAS OFF" he then should've went to VIDEO REVIEW but didn't therefore HE WAS WRONG in then after the fact saying that he intended to blow his whistle because there was no reason to "intend" to blow it until the net was completly OFF IT'S MOORINGS. NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND????? Don't try to act like your just in here to clear up things for us ignorant Preds fans I see the thread you started on your boards that was closed rightfully so, not long after you started it(http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=504903).
No problem champ--once the ref said he was blowing the play dead, it was not reviewable.

Old
04-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
No problem champ--once the ref said he was blowing the play dead, it was not reviewable.
You know as someone who grew up in a Northern state I really didn't understand the meaning of the term "carpetbagger" and the truth of the phrase until we went through all of our bull**** this summer. This is simply a continuation of my education apparently because it ceases to amaze me at how often our "enlightened Northern neighbors" have to come to our messageboards and our arena to tell us what the "only opinion that counts" is and refuses to even engage in any discussion as to our opinions as if they don't matter.

"Carpetbagger" look it up...many posters might find a picture of themselves staring out at them...

Old
04-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
So the ref has the right to disallow all goals because he intends to blow the whistle???

Old
04-13-2008, 05:24 PM
gmalicoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
You know as someone who grew up in a Northern state I really didn't understand the meaning of the term "carpetbagger" and the truth of the phrase until we went through all of our bull**** this summer. This is simply a continuation of my education apparently because it ceases to amaze me at how often our "enlightened Northern neighbors" have to come to our messageboards and our arena to tell us what the "only opinion that counts" is and refuses to even engage in any discussion as to our opinions as if they don't matter.

"Carpetbagger" look it up...many posters might find a picture of themselves staring out at them...
from webster's

Carpetbagger

Car"pet*bag`ger\, n. An adventurer; -- a term of contempt for a Northern man seeking private gain or political advancement in the southern part of the United States after the Civil War (1865) .[U. S.]

Old
04-13-2008, 05:25 PM
gmalicoat

Quote:
So the ref has the right to disallow all goals because he intends to blow the whistle???
Not at all--but the boys upstairs cannot force a review IF the ref says he was going to call the play dead

Old
04-13-2008, 05:37 PM
FissionFire

Quote:
True we do have an inferior team we are the 8th seed playing the 1st seed, but when a linesman skates into the path of a clearing attempt it gets frustrating. That happened yesterday he was against the wall and clearly moved to block the clear and keep the play onside. I may have not watched hockey for 2 years (thanks for the stereotype) but I have never seen a lineman "take one for the team" . It happened in game one and the Wings scored the game winner. To say the antics of Tootoo and Nichol are costing the Preds the 50/50 calls is ridiculous. Nichol is injured and Tootoo is our best forward so far. 3 timely calls have taken away any chance the Predators have of winning those games. 2 goals given to the Wings and one taken from the Preds that's a 3 goal swing and the goal differential in the series is only 4 (one was a empty netter). The Wings may have won both of those games anyway but those calls guaranteed victory. It's hockey anything could happen but this series is OVER due to the type of officiating it's been getting. Understand our anger at these game/series changing calls.
The linesmen aren't costing you this series. That's flat out retarded to even say that. Most angles I've seen show the puck deflecting off the Wings player and then the glass. You can even hear the loud smack of the puck off the glass. Claiming the linesman is simply flat-out lying about getting hit is ridiculous. The no-call on the trip was just that, a no call. Even then Ellis should have stopped that shot. He got over in plenty of time and wasn't screened. The linesmen didn't cost you Game 1. Getting only 3 shots in the 3rd period cost you Game 1.

Marouelli didn't cost you Game 2. Why in the world that first goal didn't count I have no idea. Referees have been making retarded calls like that all season. They made them last season. They made them in the playoffs last year. This has been happening since the lockout. Did that cost you the game? Heck no. After a freaky bounce and some shoddy play you guys had a 2-2 game. From that point forward your team flat out was outplayed and beaten. The breaks evened out - you lost what should have been a goal but got it back on a play that shouldn't have been. Zanon had a brain cramp and let a shot going about 10 feet wide redirect off his skate. Ellis failed time after time to control his rebounds and it finally cost him with the Holmstrom goal. Heck, you let a line consisting of an over-the-hill grinder, an AHL player, and a guy who was out of the league a few months ago score on you. These aren't plays a team can afford to make and expect to win, especially if they are playing a better team.

You need to stop trying making excuses and start focusing on the real problems:
1) Dan Ellis is playing mediocre. He's making the initial save but especially in Game 2 he couldn't prevent or even control rebounds to save him life. If not for Filppula's stone hands and Franzen's shank job this game would have been a blowout.
2) Jason Arnott is playing like Keith Tkachuk. No passion, no drive, no heart. You'd think he already booked a golf trip. 1 shot in 2 games? 1 hit? 32.4% on faceoffs from the guy taking 1/3 of the teams draws? Inexcusable. That's just a lack of effort, plain and simple. That lazy interference penalty was just proof. Radek ****in Bonk has 6 hits, 'nuff said.

Jordin Tootoo is the only guy on the team who's putting everything out there. I hate the punk but he's earned my respect the way he's played in these 2 games. The rest of your team looks like they gave up before Game 1 even started. I hope the crowd in Sommet pumps them up, because they aren't gonna do it themselves.

Old
04-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Not at all--but the boys upstairs cannot force a review IF the ref says he was going to call the play dead
Maybe the Goalie should start asking for the play to be called dead because he intending to stop the Puck

I know you think you are trying to educate us ignorant hicks from Tennessee about hockey, but it's our board we have the right to vent on it.

Old
04-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Higgy4

Am I reading this correctly? Gnashville is accusing the linesmen of PURPOSELY interfering with the Nashville clearing attempts???

Really?

Old
04-13-2008, 07:17 PM
AdsSabresRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Yes, I'll agree, Arnott is not really looking like a 'throw it all on the line' kind a guy for you.
To be honest, if you asked me, and I'm not a big Tootoo guy after watching his antics down here in MKE - give him the 'C'...He's throwin' it all out on the ice. Good on him...

Old
04-13-2008, 07:17 PM
zackisonfire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4 View Post
Am I reading this correctly? Gnashville is accusing the linesmen of PURPOSELY interfering with the Nashville clearing attempts???

Really?
Yes.
Really.
I know, i laughed myself halfway into a coma.

Old
04-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4 View Post

Really?
Yesterday the lineman cleary skated into the path of an attempt.

Closed Thread